So why EXACTLY was it gunnison?

Started by badass_badger, Sep 23, 2007, 04:59:55 PM

Author
So why EXACTLY was it gunnison? (Read 4,003 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 24, 2007, 04:17:35 PM

What plants did you say don't grow in Colorado? Looks nice for the big game hunting.  ;)

Big game?

Try Africa.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 24, 2007, 04:17:35 PM

What plants did you say don't grow in Colorado? Looks nice for the big game hunting.  ;)

we don't get tropical like plants in are forests nor to we get moss growing off are trees. i believe the only time you get moss growing is if hit humid. I could be wrong though but colorado deff does not  get moss.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Well I guess you gotta over look some things. But from your point of view it will make it not feel like home. I can understand that.

Munkeywrench

Quote from: ElitePredator on Sep 24, 2007, 04:05:32 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 24, 2007, 04:01:22 PM

What do the woods look like in Colorado?

From the looks of the trailer it looks nothign like that, plus we dont have moss or tropical like plants in out forests as seen in the trailer!

Wow nice, wish I had that view out my window

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Sep 24, 2007, 02:59:36 AM
He originally set it in a small Texas town. Thank god they changed it, or else we would have gotten hillbillies versus Aliens versus Predator.

They changed it because of the decision to film in Vancouver.  Rather than be forced to digitally erase the surrounding mountains in post, it was much more cost-efficient to relocate the movie to a mountainous town.

echobbase79

Even though the trees don't grow moss there it does give the forest more depth. And maybe they're using to hide the predator when he's cloaking.

The Chibi Kiriyama

People from Colorado make for good finger food...? ???

SiL

SiL

Always a bit worrying when they can't even get the geography right.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Quote from: SiL on Sep 24, 2007, 09:35:24 PM

MAybe, particularly the AvPR Forest is look cooler, than the fir forest and it is more similar to the original. Oh and the predator can't stand and jump on the trees if the forest will be the real one!

genocyber

genocyber

I live near vancouver

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: SiL on Sep 24, 2007, 09:35:24 PM

It's the same dude who wrote AVP. It's not surprising if it's off. Approval > accuracy.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 25, 2007, 02:06:59 AM
[...] Approval > accuracy.

So true, it's sad...

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

I just realized, here in Colorado we have Norad  and the air force base. Maybe has to do with something with the plot. (for though's of you who don't know, Norad is where the US government launches nuclear weapons. Ofc you probably know that the air force base well.... is a air force base ;) )

Munkeywrench

Quote from: ElitePredator on Sep 25, 2007, 12:03:28 PM
I just realized, here in Colorado we have Norad  and the air force base. Maybe has to do with something with the plot. (for though's of you who don't know, Norad is where the US government launches nuclear weapons. Ofc you probably know that the air force base well.... is a air force base ;) )

Possibly, I know NORAD would shit if it detected some unknown object reentered the atmosphere thinking it was a ballistic missile they would definitely send somebody to check crash site.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Argue about something worth arguing about! They filmed in Vancouver, not Colorado, of course it's going to be off! Trees are trees! :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed