'White' Alien

Started by Noir-Gojira, Jul 16, 2007, 03:14:54 AM

Author
'White' Alien (Read 2,733 times)

SM

SM

Ronnie Cartwright talks about Aliens getting darker as the age because their bruising.

Nowt about them going white when they molt.

The Music Of The Spears has a montage of an Alien molting and it's not white.  Or whitish.  Or yellowish even.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 17, 2007, 08:29:43 PM
Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 17, 2007, 08:30:46 AM
No it was more yellowish then whitish.

And a polar bear's fur is actually clear.  Damn thing's white enough.

No it isn't ;D And i think all of the chestbrasters ( sorry i spelled that wrong. ) are yellowish. 

Their individual hairs on a polar bear are clear, now shut up before you look stupid.

http://www.firesidecollectibles.com/ProductImages/MR-fx110.jpg

Looks more off-white than yellowish.

I don't rember having a argent over polar bears not having clear hairs having and I doit that the chestbursters has clear skin. So shut up before you look stupid.  ::)

Nychus

Nychus

Why does this thread remind me of that lousy comedy named "White Chicks"? :D

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

I don't rember having a argent over polar bears not having clear hairs having and I doit that the chestbursters has clear skin. So shut up before you look stupid.  ::)

Then maybe you should specify the subject and stop using the word 'it' and work on your spelling while you are at it.  For the record,

So there, the skin is transparent; whitish, but transparent.  Now shut up. :p

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 16, 2007, 03:14:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Corpral_Hicks/avp2ava3.jpg

So as we all know, the coloration of the Alien in this pic is supposedly attributed to lighting at the time this picture was taken.  But I ask all of you those fateful words, what if?  What if it isn't just a trick of the light, what if the Alien truly does have a pale white skin/exoskeleton?

Could we possibly be looking at an Alien after it freshly sheds its skin?  Or could this be a 'White Alien' as a result of albinism or leucism, another 'star' like AVP's Grid?

What non-lighting explanation do you have and more importantly, what would you think of it? 
then it would have a big disadvantage in hunting like most albino animals it wouldn't live that long

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It's not white. Look at the part where the light isn't shining on it directly. It's brown, with an increasing, mollusc-like speckling effect of black on it.

Why in the world would they ever want to show one being completely white?

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 18, 2007, 08:20:43 PM
Now shut up. :p

Never!

Then maybe you should specify the subject and stop using the word 'it'

Well I thought every one would know what i was talking about because this a Thread about the White Alien I thought everyone would know what I was talking about.

work on your spelling while you are at it. 

Once again NEVER!

For the record,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rssgPkfO1mQ
So there, the skin is transparent; whitish, but transparent.  Now shut up. :p

That doesn't prove much. Snakes when the shed they're skin the sheded skin is  transparent. But the snakes skin is on is it transparent? No thats why that video doesn't prove what you said. So when the skin is on the alien its not transparent.  

Oh and sorry about going off topic guys.

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

I don't think that it is, you can tell that it's light, but it would be cool, with the Predalien though it would probably "pack" the movie to much.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteThat doesn't prove much. Snakes when the shed they're skin the sheded skin is  transparent. But the snakes skin is on is it transparent? No thats why that video doesn't prove what you said. So when the skin is on the alien its not transparent. 

Hate to tell you this (well not really), but even when it is on the animal, it is still transparent.  So is human skin for that matter.  Although there is a degree of pigmentation, most skin is generally see-through; it is the multiple layers of said skin that make them seem opaque.  Actually, if you look at some shots of the smooth-head aliens in AVP, you can even see the ridge-design beneath their skull.  But yes, off-topic indeed.

QuoteIt's not white. Look at the part where the light isn't shining on it directly. It's brown, with an increasing, mollusc-like speckling effect of black on it.

I never said it had to be pure white, it is just more white as opposed to the standard black we are used to seeing.

And keep in mind people, the point of this topic was NOT to debate whether it actually is white or not, or even why.  It is to come up with  imaginative explanations and purposes for the alien if it really were white.  So flex your brains a little and be creative :p

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed