'White' Alien

Started by Noir-Gojira, Jul 16, 2007, 03:14:54 AM

Author
'White' Alien (Read 2,734 times)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

So as we all know, the coloration of the Alien in this pic is supposedly attributed to lighting at the time this picture was taken.  But I ask all of you those fateful words, what if?  What if it isn't just a trick of the light, what if the Alien truly does have a pale white skin/exoskeleton?

Could we possibly be looking at an Alien after it freshly sheds its skin?  Or could this be a 'White Alien' as a result of albinism or leucism, another 'star' like AVP's Grid?

What non-lighting explanation do you have and more importantly, what would you think of it? 

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

.... o.O?

ja ja ja ja :D Dude, that is a fact, the coloration changes from light to light, thats why we need "corrección de blanco" (white balance or something) ... you can check it by yourself go to an office with tugstene lightning and youll see that white... is green.

Go into a outsidegarden light bowls and youll see your pages go into yellow, and if you go into a room with a ver old light bowl.... white will be orange. and that has to do alot with color temperature. I recommend you go a read a little bit about photograph. ^_^ its very interesting.... before you start making "especulations"

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

He said, "non-lighting explanation".  And you gave him a lighting based explanation, laced with condescension.

Way to go.

aliensetta

aliensetta

I don't mind as long as all of the aliens aren't white. Because I think a movie with just white aliens and no Black, Brown, or gray aliens would be stupid. but i would still see it.

SM

SM

QuoteWhat non-lighting explanation do you have and more importantly, what would you think of it? 

It was hosted by the rabbit from The Holy Grail.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

This thred is soooooo racist.   >:(

JaredK21

JaredK21

You know you're going crazy when you start thinking aliens are white.

This thread = fail.

SM

SM

Yeah.  It's kinda difficult to comment when we know it IS the lighting.

A white Alien wouldn't make much sense.  We've seen that darkness is the Alien's friend when it comes to hunting.  I'm guessing the species they've dealt with rely on the same spectrum of light that we do, so the Alien's colouring is naturally black to be able to effectively hide in darkness.  Maybe their exploiting of our night blindness is inherited?

Any discussion of Cameron's albino drones aside, a white Alien is going to be easier to see in a dark environment.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: JaredK21 on Jul 16, 2007, 05:34:21 AM
You know you're going crazy when you start thinking aliens are white.

Well, there was that white one on the Auriga...

SM

SM

He was auditioning for the Alien Christmas Special.

ahem...

All Aliens start out whitish.  For what it's worth.

SiL

SiL

Maybe it's an Alien castrato...

SM

SM

We'll have to wait till he sings to find out.

SiL

SiL

That, or we show him the script and measure the pitch of his scream of surprise.

dDave

dDave

I think it would be cool, if we see under a lots of aliens, black or normal colored, one alien that is standing in contrast to the others, so maybe with a white color... that could be like their general^^ or special fighter..or such an normal alien that is killed by the pred^^...
but when im thinking of an army of aliens is running through the city and i saw a white alien in the middle of them, i will get very happy... :D or something like that.. ;)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Yeah.  It's kinda difficult to comment when we know it IS the lighting.

A white Alien wouldn't make much sense.  We've seen that darkness is the Alien's friend when it comes to hunting.  I'm guessing the species they've dealt with rely on the same spectrum of light that we do, so the Alien's colouring is naturally black to be able to effectively hide in darkness.  Maybe their exploiting of our night blindness is inherited?

Just trying to get people to use their imaginations, that's all.

You know, it's interesting how Predators naturally operate on Infared, but their cloaks are designed according to the same visual spectrum as human beings.

Anyway, following your theory on camouflage, a white adult alien (whether by genetic accident or on purpose) would have an easier time blending into a background heavy with snow.  Ah, but thank goodness we won't be having any of that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed