Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 359,942 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Post us a picture. You might have the Legacy set.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I think it is just a stripped down quadrilogy, for the cheapos, I know the picture isn't much but the proof is the writing at the bottom, four discs plus a special features. It is about as thick as a normal dvd case would be, this is a scan of the paper cover.

I would rotate it and crop it and what not, but I am busy so excuse my laziness.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well I'll be. I've never seen that copy before. What about the discs? Can you get a picture of what they look like?

And it only comes with one version of the films on the discs?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Sep 03, 2010, 05:25:58 PM
I think it is just a stripped down quadrilogy, for the cheapos, I know the picture isn't much but the proof is the writing at the bottom, four discs plus a special features. It is about as thick as a normal dvd case would be, this is a scan of the paper cover.

I would rotate it and crop it and what not, but I am busy so excuse my laziness.

Rotating would take less time than posting about it :P

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

As far as I am aware unless they are REALLY well hidden in the extras, there is no obvious Extended Version or Directors Cut, nothing obvious, and I have looked really hard to find them so I really doubt it, then again I could be wrong.

Were they easy to find in the 8 disc quad?

These are the scans, separated, rotated and transparency added :P Rush job but who cares, and I am pretty sure it is a watered down quad.

And at doom, it actually wasnt :P I can write quite fast. :)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Looks like the barebones versions of the discs, not the Quad ones.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Sep 03, 2010, 08:19:31 PM

Oh sure!

the 1-4 discs look like the single disc versions you can buy individually, i know someone with the single disc of aliens and it looks just like that, the 5th disc looks exactly like the 9th disc of the 9 disc quad.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Sep 03, 2010, 08:19:31 PM
As far as I am aware unless they are REALLY well hidden in the extras, there is no obvious Extended Version or Directors Cut, nothing obvious, and I have looked really hard to find them so I really doubt it, then again I could be wrong.

Were they easy to find in the 8 disc quad?

These are the scans, separated, rotated and transparency added :P Rush job but who cares, and I am pretty sure it is a watered down quad.

The first four discs from the original Alien Legacy collection, hence no extended versions. As for the fifth, it's either the ninth disc from the Quadrilogy, or a compilation from discs two, four, six, and eight. Overall, it looks highly suspect.

i think i would have prefered a vanilla version of the quad with just discs 1,3,5,7,and 9

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. Interesting set. A Quadrilogy style cover with Legacy (the first boxset) discs and the Quadrilogy 9th disc (possibly).

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

What is on the 9th quad disc? I will then be able to know for sure.

QuoteTHE BONUS DISC

The supplements on the Bonus Disc are divided into four primary sections, one for each film, and also include a few miscellaneous items.

ALIEN

The Alien section begins with Alien Evolution, a 64-minute documentary from Channel 4 UK. It's an interesting look at the film that puts Alien in perspective among other genre efforts, but it repeats much of the information in the Quadrilogy set. But this effort is very much worth watching, if only for its necessarily different point of view. The participants, who are many, offer slightly different perspectives than the ones they offer in the main set. But mostly, it's a lot of redundancy. There's also some fun audience reaction to gore scenes at the end.

Experience in Terror is a 7-minute original 1979 promotional featurette that's more of a curiosity than anything else. There are some fun old interviews here, though.

The 16-minute Ridley Scott Q&A was recorded September 14, 2001, following a showing of Alien at the American Cinematheque. The discussion is moderated by Dennis Bartok.

The Laser Disc Archive is a recreation of the Widescreen Collector's Edition Laser Disc of Alien. What an amazing little feature this is! You get the features and supplements of the old disc in their entirety. The result is a terrific trip down memory lane, and it shows you how far we've come with the presentation of a film on disc.

Next is a complete collection of Alien Trailers and TV Spots. Among the TV spots is the one that got me all creeped out as a kid.

ALIENS

You get the Laser Disc Archive again, this time a comprehensive look at the Special Widescreen Collector's Edition Laser Disc of Aliens. What a treat!

You also get the film's terrific assortment of Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots.

ALIEN3

You get a 3-minute Advance Featurette that hints at the betrayal to come, and you also get the film's Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

ALIEN RESURRECTION

For the fourth film, you get only Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots.

Finally, you get a fascinating 17-minute featurette called Aliens in the Basement, a look at Bob Burns, who has amassed, with the help of Fox and others, a gigantic collection of Alien memorabilia. We get to tour his basement and look at actual props from the film. But he's not just a collector, he's an archivist of sort, and in fact, the makers of Alien Resurrection came to him to reuse the model of the Alien Queen.

The final items on the Bonus Disc are a Dark Horse Still Gallery of comic-book covers and a DVD-ROM feature than lets you perform script-to-screen comparisons.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/8334/alien-quadrilogy-complete-9-disc-set/

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I have that^  :D  Thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed