Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 31,644 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Not sure if it's been set since day 1 for Romulus, but it feels like it was having seen it all now. I know we thought it was going to be something else or that it was a placeholder name. What I do know is that there may have been a temp name for Romulus that hadn't been shared yet, but I can't talk on that until it's revealed that it is or is not officially involved.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 20, 2024, 06:04:12 PMWhat I do know is that there may have been a temp name for Romulus that hadn't been shared yet, but I can't talk on that until it's revealed that it is or is not officially involved.

It was Big Chap Strikes Back, of course!

Mike’s Monsters

ALIEN: ROMULUS
Ripley's Bad Dream

This is a joke, don't take this as truth. A few of you message me off the boards wanting all the answers and run with every word I share.

kwisatz

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 20, 2024, 06:20:25 PMA few of you message me off the boards wanting all the answers and run with every word I share.

It's probably just Local though.

Mike’s Monsters

The active members here have actually been the most quiet! All the jokes in the boards about messaging me is actually really funny and no one pops in my DMs.

But on Facebook, IG and Twitter I get a DM every few days saying "I know you can't confirm anything, but can you answer my questions to confirm some things." And no matter how much I respond with "I can't say anything" or just ignore, they keep coming back!

I set myself up for this, and I fully accept the consequences.

And it's not that I don't want to talk about all the nitty gritty, I just can't yet! I want to spill every bean in my pot of knowledge!!!

PortugueseXeno

[cancerblack]

I was in the know about few things during the development of and for (at the time) ongoing releases with, the AvP boardgame stuff last decade. Small potatoes compared to a film but I know exactly how hard you get DM'd by curious minds  lol.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 20, 2024, 07:09:38 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 20, 2024, 06:56:27 PMI want to spill every bean in my pot of knowledge!!!

Do it, you coward!!!

If I do, the company may decide to never let me see the light of day again... and if that happens, who will help tease unreleased Badlands info that I have as it gets closer to the release date?

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 20, 2024, 07:16:33 PMI was in the know about few things during the development of and for (at the time) ongoing releases with, the AvP boardgame stuff last decade. Small potatoes compared to a film but I know exactly how hard you get DM'd by curious minds  lol.

I expected some messages, but not the volume and frequency they started coming through in the last week or two. I think potential talks of a Super Bowl trailer got more people curious about the project.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Similar experience. A few here and there, then when something new is announced or obviously on the horizon, your inbox gets blow'd up daily.

I had some involvement in playtesting, but that also gave a pretty clear look at what models or expansions were coming soon, announced or not, (they needed working rules minimum 6+ months in advance for printing times etc) and actually surprisingly often having at least a "like it/don't like it" level of input on some of the WIP designs (not that that stopped me offering a lot more opinions on a few of them!). But a big fish in a small pond still gets a surprising amount of attention when there's a mystery.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 20, 2024, 07:16:55 PMthe company may decide to never let me see the light of day again...

Which one is scarier?

A billionaire company such as Disney or one annoying portuguese man with an empty basement?

Wysps

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 20, 2024, 06:56:27 PMThe active members here have actually been the most quiet! All the jokes in the boards about messaging me is actually really funny and no one pops in my DMs.

But on Facebook, IG and Twitter I get a DM every few days saying "I know you can't confirm anything, but can you answer my questions to confirm some things." And no matter how much I respond with "I can't say anything" or just ignore, they keep coming back!

I set myself up for this, and I fully accept the consequences.

And it's not that I don't want to talk about all the nitty gritty, I just can't yet! I want to spill every bean in my pot of knowledge!!!

That sounds exhausting! :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if, like Skulls, they completely forgo that title for something else entirely.  Or maybe slightly related, like having a Bad Blood as a central antagonist or something of that nature.   

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 20, 2024, 07:41:15 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 20, 2024, 07:16:55 PMthe company may decide to never let me see the light of day again...

Which one is scarier?

A billionaire company such as Disney or one annoying portuguese man with an empty basement?

Well... I live up the street from The Mouse... so...

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 20, 2024, 07:19:46 PMSimilar experience. A few here and there, then when something new is announced or obviously on the horizon, your inbox gets blow'd up daily.

I had some involvement in playtesting, but that also gave a pretty clear look at what models or expansions were coming soon, announced or not, (they needed working rules minimum 6+ months in advance for printing times etc) and actually surprisingly often having at least a "like it/don't like it" level of input on some of the WIP designs (not that that stopped me offering a lot more opinions on a few of them!). But a big fish in a small pond still gets a surprising amount of attention when there's a mystery.

I don't have any creative input on Romulus, even though some who've hit me up think I do. But you hit the nail on the head with that last sentence! Plus, why would I share it with one individual who's never spoken to me before popping into my DMs, when I haven't been sharing it anywhere else? Don't get the logic of some folks, but I do understand the excitement!

Kailem

Badlands will definitely get a more Predator-related title for its actual release, even if that just ends up being "Predator: Badlands" or "Prey: Badlands". They need something to tie it in and let people know what franchise it's a part of, after all.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 20, 2024, 07:53:56 PMI don't have any creative input on Romulus

I question how much impact I specifically had on that much myself, think late stage focus group more than consultant. Although I'm fairly confident I'm one of the main reasons what I dubbed the "chibi dropship" was scrapped entirely for the film accurate one that eventually came out, I was not polite about the first design and wouldn't drop it lmao  :laugh: .

QuoteBut you hit the nail on the head with that last sentence!

It's a jungle out there.

Kailem

Kailem

I like to think I had 100% creative input with Badlands. Is it a coincidence that just a couple of weeks ago during Hick's AVP stream I was telling him how good a "Predator vs cowboys in the Old West" movie would be, and barely a few days later we hear about a new Predator movie  codenamed "Badlands?" I think not.

Clearly Dan was in that chat too and was like "that's an amazing idea! Get Dane on the phone immediately! This movie needs to happen RIGHT NOW!!"

I'm sure my cheque will be arriving in the mail any day now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed