WHY IS THE SJ BIGGER IN ALIEN?

Started by eyeballkid, May 30, 2012, 01:15:16 AM

Author
WHY IS THE SJ BIGGER IN ALIEN? (Read 6,445 times)

Le Celticant

The SJ ain't small in the movie from what I remember.
I guess it's just a trailer thing.
But face to face with a human it felt pretty tall.
Even more when it suits up in the chair.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: eyeballkid on May 30, 2012, 01:42:24 AM
So everyone is now accepting the idea that jockeys are half the size of the original. For no reason. I'd like 5 minutes alone with Ridley...

*Five minutes later eyeballkid comes out crying as Ridley Scott straightened him the **** out*

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Le Celticant on May 30, 2012, 01:47:41 AM
The SJ ain't small in the movie from what I remember.
I guess it's just a trailer thing.
But face to face with a human it felt pretty tall.
Even more when it suits up in the chair.

Wait, you saw the movie? Did you like it?

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Does it really matter? Will it ruin the experience of the movie for you?

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 30, 2012, 01:48:19 AM
So everyone is now accepting the idea that jockeys are half the size of the original. For no reason. I'd like 5 minutes alone with Ridley...

*Five minutes later eyeballkid comes out crying as Ridley Scott straightened him the **** out*

"I can still kick your butt with a dodgy leg, dude."

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 30, 2012, 01:51:48 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on May 30, 2012, 01:48:19 AM

http://www.wildsound-filmmaking-feedback-events.com/images/robin_hood_ridley_scott.jpg

"I can still kick your butt with a dodgy leg, dude."
LOL  :laugh:

eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Quote from: Sgt. Apone on May 30, 2012, 01:51:02 AM

YES! Simply because the movie never explains why it is twice as big! That should have been the tie in with Alien, not the stupid ending.

Capovin

Capovin

Quote from: eyeballkid on May 30, 2012, 01:54:56 AM

YES! Simply because the movie never explains why it is twice as big! That should have been the tie in with Alien, not the stupid ending.

Have fun with that then

Virgil

Virgil

Hang on...You're actually requesting this film takes time out of its running narrative to explain the size of an animal?

Milburn: "Wait a minute, Shaw. This Engineer is tiny!? WTF GUYZ?!

Shaw: "Valid point, Milburn. I'd imagine as they serve as a human counterpart, they could vary in size and shape the same as us.

Milburn: OMG THIS IS SHIT THIS WHOLE FILMS A WASTE OF f**kING TIME IM NOT SEEING IT ITS SHIT ITS CRAP IT...

Shaw:
"DDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

eyeballkid

eyeballkid

The movie makes no damn sense from the very beginning if it does not explain how an ancient race was somehow twice the size of this military outpost crew. NO SENSE! Did they smoke when they were young, did they not eat their vegetables?

Predaker

Predaker

I can't wait for someone to ask old Riddles about this in an interview or Q&A.  :laugh:

jonc2006

jonc2006

You want an explanation? Because if they had tried to make it the same size you know they would have ended up using some giant CGI space jockey that looks like something straight out of one of those cheap Syfy flicks. Would you have seriously preferred that?

Space Sweeper

Somebody delete this thread.

For f**k's sake.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 30, 2012, 02:12:41 AM
Somebody delete this thread.

For f**k's sake.

But then we will get another... And just for the sake of continuity, it will have to be the same size...  :o

eyeballkid

eyeballkid

So we are happy with a Friday the 13th ending? Big bald guy chasing the girl. Yep! Sounds awesome! Never been done before!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed