Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 401,780 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Highland

That's awesome. Best scene in the movie.

Scorpio

Is that the same set for Meet Walter as the opening prologue?  Shot at Fox Studios Sydney?

Corporal Hicks

Certainly looks like it's the same set.

SizzyBubbles

Odd Studio has been posting all kinds of cool behind-the-scenes goodies on their Instagram as you can see. That unused Alien suit test tho...

Baron Von Marlon

Those various deformed Shaw images make me think they originally had something else mind for her.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2017, 04:29:25 PM
http://www.khang-le.com/alien-convenant.html

Not sure if he worked on the film or not. Trying to find out.

The entire website is now down. I've got it all backed up though and will be posting this on the frontage and gallery after Christmas. I've confirmed with another artist who worked on Covenant back in 2014 than Khang did work in the art department. I've still had no response from Khang himself.  :'(

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdB47CZnxkN/?taken-by=odd_studio

Darkness

Woah, good find. Not sure I like the idea of Engineers transforming into Xenomorphs. More nonsense with black liquid, I guess. Have you already approached him to get the lowdown on them?

Corporal Hicks

I have but he's not replied to me. I've got someone else who has agreed to chat to me in the New Year so hopefully that'll pan out.

Highland

These are/were really cool. I like the city especially, much closer to what was in my head.

I don't mind the idea of the Engineers becoming the Alien. It's quite a smart way to transition from a universe with Engineers into the universe we know with Aliens.

whiterabbit

Damn, some of the art work is extremely disturbing and awesome at the same time. It really does feel like they toned it down for covenant. There appeared to have been living engineers post the David-o-apocalypse in the early days of production. Damn shame that part wasn't kept.

D88M

some really cool stuff in there, sick

DorkiDori

Seems like it wouldve made a much more interesting and DARK movie!!! I was hoping for this nightmarish hell world based on Gigers influence in the design of Prometheus! The "Paradise" we got was so cliche to me... instead of biomechanical designs, we got ancient rome/greek influenced design work.

I get the feeling the original ideas for "Paradise" were very dark and the studio didnt like the idea of something so macabre and gothic... so it started interfering with the ideas and pushed production toward what we got in the final product.

Maybe one day the beans will be spilled and the early scripts will be leaked/released so we can find out how much of a turn the film took.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed