New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Apr 26, 2012, 12:24:49 AM

Author
New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews) (Read 42,228 times)

Virgil

With these CGI updates it makes you wonder what our dear old Space Jockey is looking like.

Barringer

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 26, 2012, 02:12:51 AM
Our galaxy is likely filled with trillions of ringed planets. Heck we have 2 in our own solar system. Rings are a by-product of how all planets form, so it's not exactly identifying. The planet in alien also has a tell-tale coloration, but this one is hard to make out. I agree the rings look similar though.

No doubt, but I'm also considering the fact that they traveled 39 light years to reach their destination, which is the distance to Zeta Reticuli 2, as well as the fact that the star map in the ancient artifacts are all similarly, if not identically laid out as the Fish interpretation of the Betty Hill star map, which is what led to the Betty and Barney Hill alleged abduction being called the "Zeta Reticuli incident" and likely led to its inclusion in Alien.

A ringed Jovian planet in the sky is just another piece of corroborating evidence.

Esoteric_Voyage

i don't think this is the same planet,  as there is clearly no effort to make it look similar to the original gas giants surface, maybe I'm wrong though. this planet was definitely visible in an earlier trailer but not like it is in this one. in the other trailer the ringed planet looked like the moon does when you can see the moon in the day time - just white light detail look.

i think its no coincidence that this shot of the planet in the background like that is much more on par with ridleys original vision of the ringed gas giant in the background of the scenery in ALIEN. (based on the original story board for alien)

he may have wanted to get that shot the way he really wanted now that the technology for cgi is around.

bioweapon

confirmed at last 4 SJ blue space guy/ whatever but just holograms it seems

the 4th is in the chair

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 26, 2012, 01:29:17 AM
Cvalda where are you???
:D

Nothing much to add, really--blah blah, looks great, blah blah, aside from Logan Marshall-Green who looks shit as always. :P

bioweapon

"a superior species"  :laugh:

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 26, 2012, 02:22:02 AM
Cvalda where are you???
Nothing much to add, really--blah blah, looks great, blah blah, aside from Logan Marshall-Green who looks shit as always. :P

It seems that they are deliberately playing Holloway as a juvenile douche-bag. He'll be the one we are rooting for... to die.

SM

QuoteHeck we have 2 in our own solar system.

Four.

Virgil

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 26, 2012, 02:30:25 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 26, 2012, 02:22:02 AM
Cvalda where are you???

It seems that they are deliberately playing Holloway as a juvenile douche-bag. He'll be the one we are rooting for... to die.

The thought had crossed my mind.

Brilliant sig, ChrisPachi  ;D

ThisBethesdaSea

Logan Marshall Green can do me sideways to Sunday :)

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 26, 2012, 02:35:59 AM
Logan Marshall Green can do me sideways to Sunday :)
Have fun with the parasitic alien squid baby afterward.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Barringer on Apr 26, 2012, 02:18:40 AM
Our galaxy is likely filled with trillions of ringed planets. Heck we have 2 in our own solar system. Rings are a by-product of how all planets form, so it's not exactly identifying. The planet in alien also has a tell-tale coloration, but this one is hard to make out. I agree the rings look similar though.

No doubt, but I'm also considering the fact that they traveled 39 light years to reach their destination, which is the distance to Zeta Reticuli 2, as well as the fact that the star map in the ancient artifacts are all similarly, if not identically laid out as the Fish interpretation of the Betty Hill star map, which is what led to the Betty and Barney Hill alleged abduction being called the "Zeta Reticuli incident" and likely led to its inclusion in Alien.

A ringed Jovian planet in the sky is just another piece of corroborating evidence.

All good clues, but hasn't it been flatly denied that this is set in or near Z2R? Maybe someone can clarify this better for us.

bioweapon

Quote from: Zenzucht on Apr 26, 2012, 12:51:00 AM
I see yellow smudge on the Noomi's lower abdomen, I don't know what is used in the other countries, but it looks like disinfectant commonly used in the Czech before the surgery..

It is maybe only me, but suddenly, I got a feeling "This movie definitely won't suck".

i guess is cgi blood for a rated version.
donĀ“think this movie would suck.. except for that starmap scene

wL0316

Space Jockey suite spotted  ;D

SM

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 26, 2012, 02:42:59 AM
Quote from: Barringer on Apr 26, 2012, 02:18:40 AM

All good clues, but hasn't it been flatly denied that this is set in or near Z2R? Maybe someone can clarify this better for us.

Yeah I thought it had been mentioned it's a different system.  I seem to recall 'LV-223' being bandied around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed