Aren't Predators' heads too big?

Started by nvidiageek, Jul 03, 2010, 08:56:20 PM

Author
Aren't Predators' heads too big? (Read 16,667 times)

mattyc

mattyc

The fact that you actually responded to the new guy like that is laughable. So what if he doesn't share your point of view? You think so highly of yourself when actually you look like a fanboy loser.

NEWSFLASH: There are other Predator incarnations out there. In AVP movies, in comics, games... Predator 1 and 2 aren't the be all and end all of this franchise pal. But keep telling yourself otherwise.

Egotistical prick.

Hive Tyrant

NEWSFLASH: Trolls.

Don't feed 'em.

MrLee

MrLee

at the end of the day. Predator 1 came first, thats the benchmark in which all sequels are based off. If thats how the predator was told to look, thats the way the predator should look.

skull-splitter

Quote from: MrLee on Jul 04, 2010, 10:20:47 AM
at the end of the day. Predator 1 came first, thats the benchmark in which all sequels are based off. If thats how the predator was told to look, thats the way the predator should look.

That, and Stan Winstons work, even by 1990, is a tough standard to match or surpass.

boostedlsj

Quote from: Spoon on Jul 04, 2010, 06:07:38 AM
LOL
dont worry its only the younglings that are saying the positive things about the ADI work on the predators.  I personally don't see anything good about ADI's work on the avp franchise. 
Wolf did look alright but no where close to pred 1 then pred 2.  Avp was a slap to the fans.

For saying anything positive about the face of the predator in avp  is a total shock.  I was laughing my ass off in the theatre when he unmasked.  I really thought I was watching the live action ninja turtles movie.

Younglings? I for one think Wolf WITH his mask on is the best looking predator (without seeing Predators) to date. That does not mean I'm a youngling. That is just my opinion.

Xenodog

Xenodog

This.

dallevalle

i can see why people think the heads are to big but for me its perfect remember predator 2 big ass head to and he was perfect !

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: dallevalle on Jul 04, 2010, 03:28:39 PM
i can see why people think the heads are to big but for me its perfect remember predator 2 big ass head to and he was perfect !
Agree.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

The first movie is just the first movie. Quite often the benchmark is the iconic Sequel like Aliens and Terminator 2. While Predator is my favorite of the 4 movies released to date and all though i love the original Predator creature itself i think Wolf is far far better looking (as long as he keeps his mask on). He looks more like i think the idea of the "Predator" should. Anytime looked a little too bare to me. But the part of Anytimes charm is KPH's mannerisms.

creature creator

i think the wolf looks good in movement and athelic look, but i just think in overall it looks like rubber. The paint up is just to simpel, it should have much more layers than the wolf pred had.

JB

MrBrokenTusks.

I think there fine.

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: Bakurenoh on Jul 04, 2010, 04:27:58 PM
The first movie is just the first movie. Quite often the benchmark is the iconic Sequel like Aliens and Terminator 2. While Predator is my favorite of the 4 movies released to date and all though i love the original Predator creature itself i think Wolf is far far better looking (as long as he keeps his mask on). He looks more like i think the idea of the "Predator" should. Anytime looked a little too bare to me. But the part of Anytimes charm is KPH's mannerisms.
I think that is subject to debate.

Not all films have "iconic" sequels. That fact doesnt change anything. Whats first came first. Thats how we first saw the predator, it was done perfectly then.

Terminator is different, technology didnt allow them to perhaps do it the Terminator exo-skeleton as James Cameron wanted. So that was not choice, Terminator 2 he had the technology to right the wrongs.

Predator 2 still offers a similar predator design (facially...but different colours). If anything Predator 2 just added more to the Predator universe, with the weapons, space craft, history and different mask designs.

So for me, the "proper" predator face is the original.

That being said ive no issue with them using different designs for different breeds. I like that they are adding rather than just doing watered down copies. However, when doing bog standard predators, id like them to try keep the head designs close to the original.

BloodshedPred

The heads only look bigger because they wanted a longer,sleeker head.Ive seen pics of falcons face and its very impressive to say the least. I would say the dog handlers mask is huge,only because the masks design covers his neck.Much like are human dog handlers,just incase the dogs get out of hand. All other predators have been fine.I dont complain to much about them. If us as fans of the predator world have opend up to accepting theres more than one breed,then why try to disown new designs.Sure they avp faces were very human,but thats because they were trying to create a creature that could deliver great emotional signs,since they dont talk much.I mean, when scar turns to the queens and pulls and angry face,the guy looks mean,really mean.I liked it.

If we can learn to respect are own opinions,ideas ect.. then why cant we learn to respect movie artists designs and ideas.

Im not pointing at anyone here ha,im just trying to make a point.

Reborn

Reborn

^This.

Doomofman

Doomofman

You can't have seen a picture of Falconers face.. He doesn't have one

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed