Up Close Pictures of the new Giger Alien (Neca)

Started by StayFrosty, Jan 25, 2014, 07:37:06 AM

Author
Up Close Pictures of the new Giger Alien (Neca) (Read 5,537 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Dem hips doe.

judge death

Quote from: Elmazalman on Mar 17, 2014, 04:06:04 AM
Quote from: judge death on Mar 17, 2014, 12:09:55 AM
Quote from: Vark_ on Mar 15, 2014, 01:33:03 PM
I agree, a comparison between the old and new figure would be most appreciated !
As you wish!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj28/dark_judge_death/My%20home/DSCN5469_zps602d7e65.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj28/dark_judge_death/My%20home/DSCN5467_zpscf4b16d5.jpg

The hips on the new sculpt look too wide compared to the original version and the paint job on the series 1 looks better.The dome should be a smokey grey instead of white,but the shape of the head on series 2 looks more screen accurate.
The original Neca alien didnt belong to any series ;) The new neca belongs to series 2 of the new alien line products if I got it right.
Myself think: The new alien looks way better, especially mouth and details and the head, maybe a bit wide: Same body as the aliens warrior uses. The painting/coloring job on the original is horrible: The knee joints are painted in silver painting and stands out and not the same color as the rest of the legs and the inside of the doom is just painted as well.

StayFrosty

Just for the record, I no longer endorse this figure. The quality and feel of the figure in your hand drags my rating of this figure down big time. It is a piece of trash that breaks extremely easily, in fact there's a great chance it will be broken right out of the package! If you're lucky to get a "solid" piece out of the package, just do as they say and go to the trouble of boiling the figure in some water for a few minutes to loosen it up. Seriously, you're supposed to have to go to that trouble, and there's people who don't even care Neca gets away with it. But even so, there's always a chance this figure will break in the future if you so dare to move its joints.

I do think it's a swell paint job and mold, but don't forget there's people complaining about that too....

I'd say go Revoltech and wait for the new S.H Monster Arts Big Chap coming out that seems to be in scale with the Revoltech series. The great thing is both versions are awesome takes on the Giger Alien.

At this moment I have not actually HELD any of these (Japanese) figures, so I cannot completely guarentee they are solid and durable. But I hear they are and I should have my Revoltech Big Chap any time now!

Vark_

I finally came to put my claws on this little fella, and here is my opinion.

For the price, you can't have better, it's as simple as that.
I don't blame those (like you StayFrosty) who don't endorse NECA stuff, but it's really hard, not to say impossible, to get a collectible this accurate at such price. I treated it gently during 20 wide minutes to find the proper display position, and honestly I never felt like it was gonna fall into pieces in my hands. Maybe I'm lucky, but it is my 7th NECA figure, and none of them had breaking issues so far.

Sculpt is awesome, paintjob too, my only complaints are the dome (which is far too white and translucent, I'll paint it my way), and the joints that are real loose on mine. But it actually holds still and stable on display, so I'm glad with it.
For the moment  ;D.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed