The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

Started by Shasvre, Jan 24, 2011, 03:00:52 PM

Author
The Matrix: Resurrections (2021) (Read 52,393 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I guess, I somehow missed it

SiL

SiL

Possibly also people kind of stopped caring about Giger 20 years ago.

Kradan

Kradan

As long as there are Alien fans there will be people who give a shit about Giger

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 15, 2022, 06:01:49 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 14, 2022, 11:06:37 PMWhy does nobody talks about that "real world" is literally a Gigerland ?

I talk about it constantly with Necro.

People never stopped caring evidently then.

SiL

SiL

Y'all need to familiarise yourselves with the concepts of generalisation and hyperbole.

Giger inspired, Giger ish, etc were a lot more common terms to describe the aesthetic in the past. Today the aesthetic is diluted and generic and there's a lot less specific reference to him.

I'm not saying literally everyone stopped caring, he just sort of slipped out of the zeitgeist.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Hyperbole for me not for thee. 

And I massively disagree, consider how often he's brought up, even in contexts like Scorn when it's more Zdzislaw Beksinski than H.R Giger overall, I think the idea that he slipped out of the zeitgeist's absolute nonsense frankly not to the general public as the Alien guy or most certainly not in the art world.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

great movie people just don't get language

study language people start seeing films and franchises as exercises of style - you can already do that if you like alien and predator

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 15, 2022, 11:47:52 AMstudy language people

I've never studied anything in my life and I don't intend to start now.

Quotestart seeing films and franchises as exercises of style - you can already do that if you like alien and predator

Especially since this part's true and I grew up with them.

SiL

SiL

Was that not word salad? I can't make sense of it.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Jul 15, 2022, 07:43:46 PMWas that not word salad? I can't make sense of it.

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 15, 2022, 11:47:52 AMStudy language, people! Start seeing films and franchises as exercises of style.

Added punctuation for you.

SiL

SiL

Much appreciated.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jul 15, 2022, 07:43:46 PMWas that not word salad? I can't make sense of it.
yes by intent

SiL

SiL

But why?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2022, 07:10:42 AMBut why?
such are the questions wandering in a mind trying to dissect mine

Spoiler
I often write in jet mode so there is no punctuation even though I know where it should be
[close]

SiL

SiL

Ah, I ain't got time for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed