Motion tracker sounds?

Started by Xeno Killer 2179, Dec 18, 2010, 02:38:11 AM

Author
Motion tracker sounds? (Read 7,936 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Does anyone know if the game uses more than one beep, or if it takes one sound and modifies it so you can tell things are getting closer?

I could only find one beep and one pulse in streamingsounds.asr

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

The game has some pretty impressive real-time sound modification (sounds from far away being muffled etc) so it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same sound constantly modified.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Yeah I suspected so. I'll try using the real motion tracker sound and upload it if it improves immersion.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Tried it and it does. The motion tracker sample I used was at close range, so it doesn't sound correct at all distances. If I can find a better sample, I'll upload the mod using it.

Valheru

Valheru

Yeah, I guess if you can match the volume and pitch level of the original sound with the new sound, it should modulate it properly in the game for a good effect.

What/where are you getting your sample from? I would suggest using one from 'Aliens' or the first AVP game as they both gave me a great sense of rising tension and "shit its right on TOP of me, WHERE IS IT!!" :o.... :P

Cheers,

Valheru

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I got it from the scene where they cut the power and the room is red, hudson reading the tracker.
Click to download 7 beeps

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed