Re-watched AVP again! and found some irritating spots!

Started by GUiLE, Apr 15, 2007, 08:07:53 PM

Author
Re-watched AVP again! and found some irritating spots! (Read 8,500 times)

GUiLE

Hi guys just re-watched AVP again and found some thing which actually got me upset:
1.The Predators have too much equipment on them, longer and sppining blades and thicker armors,Claw like saucer.
2.when lex said 'This is the last spot on earth where man have never been' or something like that, 10mins later you see a small city.
3.when the predator sticks his spear into the dude you see no mirror stripes, nothing just like the spears biuld itself over again.
4.the vision is not quite thermal anymore, but red or green annoying one.
5.the predator face style has changed abit too.

dont get me wrong the Predator elder at the end was just like the one on the end of Predator 2! thas cool ;)

War Wager

Some things I'd like to say about 1. and 2.

1. The Predators in the other movies wore hardly any armour because they hunted where it was roasting hot, so in AvP when they're hunting in the coldest place in the world, they should and would ware a few more layers...  :-\
2. Lex doesn't say that, she says "the last place in the world which no-one OWNS" E.g. it's not owned or ruled over by anyone...

Azanode

They're wearing more armor because they're hunting xenomorphs. I remember Anderson saying that if your hunting rabbits you'd wear a certain kind of armor as opposed to when your hunting elephants (his words, not mine). The chest plating is the same as in the original movie, but mirrored over for protection on both sides.

The scene that bugs me the most is when the chestburster emerges from Sebastian. Not only was it completely bloodless, but the way Scar caught it and sort of whip his dreads around was completely lame.

SM

SM

Quote2. Lex doesn't say that, she says "the last place in the world which no-one OWNS" E.g. it's not owned or ruled over by anyone...

And the city was abandoned and only recently discovered.  Since shes talking about Antarctica there's technically nothing wrong with what Lex said.  If she was talking specifically about Bouvet then she'd be talking crap because it's Norwegian territory.  AvP extremely blurs the geographical lines between Bouvetoya and Antarctica - and I daresay most of the audience don't care.

gameoverman

No way was the Pred elder at the end of AVP better than the one in Predator 2.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Azanode on Apr 15, 2007, 10:09:55 PM
They're wearing more armor because they're hunting xenomorphs. I remember Anderson saying that if your hunting rabbits you'd wear a certain kind of armor as opposed to when your hunting elephants (his words, not mine). The chest plating is the same as in the original movie, but mirrored over for protection on both sides.

Actually he was talking about guns and referencing the bigger shoulder cannons when he made that analogy.

GUiLE

I gotta admit 2 thing which i really loved about this movie is the jump of the predator between the scupltures and on air mirroring himself and the spinal jump at the alien queen in the end of the movie. dude this rocks! ;D

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Azanode on Apr 15, 2007, 10:09:55 PM

The scene that bugs me the most is when the chestburster emerges from Sebastian. Not only was it completely bloodless, but the way Scar caught it and sort of whip his dreads around was completely lame.

Actually, PWA said 'when you're HUNTING an elephant, you use an elephant gun' meaning that their ensemble and weapons were adapated to the prey they were huntin... in this case, acid-dripping-tough-skinned-more-agile prey, Xenomorphs...

I have no explanation to the blodless chestbursterm though...that was careless... but the close-up of a blood-dripping chestburster in a PG-13 movie would be troublesome... nevertheless, the shots should have been redone or shot from a distance... I don't know how they could have bypassed this one...

Corporal Hicks

^^^ Yeah, already said that.  ;D

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 16, 2007, 04:56:49 PM
^^^ Yeah, already said that.  ;D

And I deepened the thought... LOL

Dachande

Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Apr 16, 2007, 02:55:28 PM

Actually, PWA said 'when you're HUNTING an elephant, you use an elephant gun' meaning that their ensemble and weapons were adapated to the prey they were huntin... in this case, acid-dripping-tough-skinned-more-agile prey, Xenomorphs...

I have no explanation to the blodless chestbursterm though...that was careless... but the close-up of a blood-dripping chestburster in a PG-13 movie would be troublesome... nevertheless, the shots should have been redone or shot from a distance... I don't know how they could have bypassed this one...

Another mistake by PWA if he's saying that then why arent their weapons acid proof...stupid man. And you dont even need a Elephant Gun to take one down, i've seen a video when a guy takes one down with just a bow and arrow

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Dachande2311 on Apr 16, 2007, 05:15:20 PM
Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Apr 16, 2007, 02:55:28 PM

Another mistake by PWA if he's saying that then why arent their weapons acid proof...stupid man. And you dont even need a Elephant Gun to take one down, i've seen a video when a guy takes one down with just a bow and arrow

Yes... and they say I nitpick...

Boy, I wonder if you ever saw PWA next to you, you would kill him on the spot... such hate
there...And I haven't figured out where this comes from... too much time on one's hands, I guess... or some type of transference... leave the poor man alone... I never saw Spielberg get this aggravation when he did HOOK, so at least be coherent about it... I wonder if the Strauses will get this aggravation when they put the final nail into the coffin of both franchises... I wonder...

Dachande

Thats because Spielberg consistantly makes good films, whereas Anderson as Borat would say 'Eh, Not so much', and i wouldnt kill him on the spot, i'd make him suffer first.

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Dachande2311 on Apr 16, 2007, 07:58:13 PM
Thats because Spielberg consistantly makes good films, whereas Anderson as Borat would say 'Eh, Not so much', and i wouldnt kill him on the spot, i'd make him suffer first.

yes, but you seem to forget PWA did EVENT HORIZON..It is not his fault that they only want him to do video-games crappy movies... correction: I kinda liked RESIDENT EVIL...

A director is lucky if his first movie is a success...Spielberg had it with ET and Contacts, but he ventured into genres that enable good, moving stories... How can anyone get something out of a videogame that isn't utter crap...?

That is why I give PWA the benefit of the doubt... for EVENT HORIZON and because he is still a young director who can be good if someone brings him back to EVENT-HORIZON-type movies...

SM

Based on his work on EH (i've just been listening to the commentary) I can almost forget some of the garbage he served up in AvP.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed