Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,080,816 times)

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

ALIENS

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

American History X for the second time.

Iron Hide

Iron Hide

^ Great movie.

The Goonies.

Huol

Huol

It's not a movie but it may as well count.

The entirety of Doctor Who season 1 (2005)
In one sitting.  :D

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

"the covenant", "Rob zombies Halloween" and "The blair witch project"

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 10, 2008, 11:17:10 AM
"the covenant", "Rob zombies Halloween" and "The blair witch project"

the covenant: was okay

rob zombies halloween: another movie in the dumpster...

blair witch: really stupid

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote"Rob zombies Halloween"

You must love Halloween Surf... ;)

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

Quote from: sweeteyes on Apr 10, 2008, 11:34:24 AM

who wouldn't? the first movie was remarkable   ;D

maledoro

maledoro

Last night, I saw The Passion of the Christ again. It's not the same watching it at home. I enjoyed seeing it in the cinema.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: sweeteyes on Apr 10, 2008, 11:34:24 AM

i sure do, a great movie...its an entirely different 'breed' of movie then the original, well thats how i look at it..

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 10, 2008, 11:37:30 AM
i sure do, a great movie...its an entirely different 'breed' of movie then the original, well thats how i look at it..
I'll say. Instead of keeping Michael Myers a mystery, Zombie chose to give a trite origin for him: mom was a stripper (instead of the stock hooker), stepdad was abusive, tortured animals and had to move to larger prey, etc.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: maledoro on Apr 10, 2008, 11:57:30 AM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 10, 2008, 11:37:30 AM
I'll say. Instead of keeping Michael Myers a mystery, Zombie chose to give a trite origin for him: mom was a stripper (instead of the stock hooker), stepdad was abusive, tortured animals and had to move to larger prey, etc.

yeh, zombie tried to ground it into reality, carpenter left it up the the viewers imagiation...both great in there own ways...

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 10, 2008, 12:03:09 PM
yeh, zombie tried to ground it into reality, carpenter left it up the the viewers imagiation...both great in there own ways...
I wouldn't call Zombie's version "realistic"; he was just lazy and took the most trite elements he could think of. Carpenter made savvy use of negative space inside the widescreen frame to isolate his prototypical final girl, building the audience's identification with her while ratcheting up the tension, but Zombie stages rote little cardboard-diorama deathtraps, paying only a few moments' attention to what the characters are doing before sending his masked killing machine into the frame to slash them.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: maledoro on Apr 10, 2008, 12:11:34 PM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 10, 2008, 12:03:09 PM
I wouldn't call Zombie's version "realistic"; he was just lazy and took the most trite elements he could think of. Carpenter made savvy use of negative space inside the widescreen frame to isolate his prototypical final girl, building the audience's identification with her while ratcheting up the tension, but Zombie stages rote little cardboard-diorama deathtraps, paying only a few moments' attention to what the characters are doing before sending his masked killing machine into the frame to slash them.

true, but this movie was based more on michael...so if youre expecting to see the original you will be dissapointed..

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 10, 2008, 12:16:01 PM
true, but this movie was based more on michael...
So, who did the killing in the original?

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 10, 2008, 12:16:01 PM
so if youre expecting to see the original you will be dissapointed..
I wasn't expecting the original and was still disappointed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed