Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,078,703 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

When you see stuff like The Hills Have Eyes (1977) and Last House on the Left (1972), it makes stuff like A Clockwork Orange slightly more bearable, because you know they can show a lot more.
A lot more.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Oh, god.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I know.
But fortuantly a kickass German Shepherd and a chainsaw wielding doctor come to save the day in each one respectively.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Hostel - 7/10
Its a good torture movie, but some of the dismembering bothered me some shots if you look close enough you can see how really fake it is and it kinda ruined it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jun 28, 2011, 02:17:57 AM
Hostel - 7/10
Its a good torture movie, but some of the dismembering bothered me some shots if you look close enough you can see how really fake it is and it kinda ruined it.

I saw the second one at a friends house. I didn't really like the movie. It was just overly disgusting without much of a purpose other than to gross people out. And only one scene had me turn my head. If anyone has seen hostel 2, I'm sure you know the scene. Not that the scene itself was particularly gross, just the thought of that happening... *shudders*

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Piranha has that happen, but as a sort of ironic death or poetic justice whichever you prefer. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 28, 2011, 02:43:57 AM
Piranha has that happen, but as a sort of ironic death or poetic justice whichever you prefer. :laugh:

If it was whatever I prefered, it would never happen. It just disgusts the hell out of me.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

You're lucky you didn't see it in 3D since some of the stronger sequences were in 3D the aftermath of that scene being one of them.
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 28, 2011, 04:06:54 AM

Disgustingly hilarious scene. :laugh:

Hubbs

Hubbs

Flight of the Navigator (1986)

Always loved this Disney flick, great effects and adventurous plot that is kinda 'Back to the Future' mixed with 'Explorers' purely for kids with an extraterrestrial twist.
The effects were fantastic for the time and it was the first film to use environment mapping, the CG was some of the first used in motion pictures and in my personal opinion they still hold up very well today, I might add they also used stop motion in the mix too! truly classic workmanship.
As said the effects were always the star attraction with this film, the ship looked way cool (simple design for today of course), the hydraulic alien arm thing inside was nicely designed, the ships interior was really well designed and looked almost like the interior of the 'Predator 2' ship whilst the other aliens creatures were all decent muppet style creatures which were simple fun and amusing.
The whole film was so well made and showed so much vivid imagination, it was colourful and a really exciting ride for kids at the time, I loved every minute of it. The only thing I never liked was Paul Reubens voice as the alien later on in the film, that spoilt the sensible aspect of the plot and made it stupid with his 'Pee Wee Herman' voice. SJP made up for it being very very cute and one of my first kid crushes :)

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Rewatching THX 1138. Auugh scary shit.

Terx2

Terx2

Tron Legacy 9/10 Visually stunning recommend it to anyone that wants to see blue people and orange people fight  ;D.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 26, 2011, 05:00:49 AM
X-Men: First Class 8/10

A very enjoyable film. I'd say the second best X-Men movie behind X2. I think it's been a tad overrated by several members of the board here, but I had a blast watching this film. My favourite parts were the ones exploring the relationship between Xavier and Eric. I felt Kevin Bacon was great as a Nazi at the start, but for some reason, after he'd lost the accent, I just couldn't take him too seriously as the villain. He did a good job, but I couldn't help giggling a bit when he was on-screen. Especially when he wore the Magneto helmet. It worked on McKellen, it worked on Fassbender, but on Bacon, it just looked ridiculous. I'm not sure, there's just something about him. I loved Wolverine's cameo, too. Perfect for his character. My favourite member of the cast was, hands-down, Michael Ironside. I didn't know he was in this, and when I saw him, I was ecstatic. I f**king love Michael Ironside.

Overall, very enjoyable film, and one of the better superhero movies I've seen. Definitely worth the watch.

i totally agree, with the whole review, but the bolded bit specifically,

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Terx2 on Jun 28, 2011, 07:21:17 AM
recommend it to anyone that wants to see blue people and orange people fight  ;D.

Fight!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

TAKE MY MONEY!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed