Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,080,782 times)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Charlie Wilson's War - 7/10

The Road - 8/10 (Gorgeous movie, the blend of CG and practical effects to create the post apocalyptic setting is almost seamless. Was beautifully shot and edited with some great acting but didn't really bring anything new to the table.)

AVP: Alien Vs. Predator - 6.5/10

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Girl with the Dragon Tatoo (2011) - 8/10

Lie

Lie

Cowboy and Aliens 8/10

Olivia's story was kinda random. ::)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Alien 3 Assembly Cut.  Me and Vulhala just had a live watch on xbox with party chat.  Was a blast  :)

BobGrill

BobGrill

I prefer the theatrical release. I just like the ox burster more than the dog one because it makes me sad to watch that scene, and I also like the shot of the alien's jaw opening up before it kills Clemens. Don't see why that shot was cut out. Other than that I feel that the assembly cut is rather boring and full of unnecessary and rather pointless scenes. Just my view on it.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. 9/10

Still just as great as the first time, I really love this film.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol 6/10

Eh, was alright. Great action sequences, but it dragged on too long, the story was really convoluted, there was a fair bit of awkward dialogue, and the last scene was just incredibly... weird. Don't really see how people think this is better than the original.

My MI rankings go this: 1, 3, 4, 2.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: AvatarIII on Dec 30, 2011, 09:00:33 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 30, 2011, 07:21:37 PM
Back to the Future Part III

Really enjoyed this one too. It was a great conclusion to one of the most fun trilogies I've seen. I enjoyed watching the movie throughout. All three were entertaining in their own ways, and I'm glad I finally took the time to see all of them. The first is definitely the best, but the second and third add a ton of cool, fun new elements to the story. I think I'm going to be starting a tradition now: Every November 12th, I'm going to hopefully try to watch the trilogy :D
next, the animated series, and then the game!

Haha, don't think I'm going to be watching the series any time soon. :P I would love to play the game, but they didn't make it for XBox, unfortunately.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 31, 2011, 04:14:47 AM

Eh, was alright. Great action sequences, but it dragged on too long, the story was really convoluted, there was a fair bit of awkward dialogue, and the last scene was just incredibly... weird. Don't really see how people think this is better than the original.

The original has always been my favorite in the series. Before other directors went off and made Ethan Hunt this one man army or sorts, Brain De Palma crafted him as a rather headstrong and vulnerable character. Then John Woo went off and made him this karate gung-ho action hero cliche who lives through anything.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 31, 2011, 04:25:42 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 31, 2011, 04:14:47 AM

The original has always been my favorite in the series. Before other directors went off and made Ethan Hunt this one man army or sorts, Brain De Palma crafted him as a rather headstrong and vulnerable character. Then John Woo went off and made him this karate gung-ho action hero cliche who lives through anything.

I've only seen the fourth one, but it was most definitely a team oriented film. So I tale it, if you haven't seem it yet, you would probably like this one more than 2 and 3.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 31, 2011, 04:50:23 AM
I've only seen the fourth one, but it was most definitely a team oriented film. So I tale it, if you haven't seem it yet, you would probably like this one more than 2 and 3.

Sounds great! The team aspect is what I like about the films. M:I 2 kinda threw it out the window and had Ethan doing all this macho man bullcrap. M:I 3 went back to the team, who doesn't love Simon Pegg as a team mate?? But I felt it wasn't as good as the first film.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Pan's Labyrinth 9/10

A tremendously beautiful film, that terrified me.

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 31, 2011, 04:25:42 AM

I agree with you. What I loved about the original is that, while it did have one very over-the-top action sequence, most of it was about espionage and intrigue; manipulating others to get the ends you want. The fourth started out like it would be like that (complete with a femme-fatale!), but quickly devolved into a series of intense action scenes loosely connected by a very flimsy plot.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Dale & Tucker vs. Evil: 8 out of 10

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

The Warriors (Ultimate Director's Cut) - 9.5/10. A Masterpiece. "Can You Dig It !"

Lie

Lie

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 31, 2011, 10:48:10 AM
The Warriors (Ultimate Director's Cut) - 9.5/10. A Masterpiece. "Can You Dig It !"

I need to get my hands on that! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed