Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,356,783 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 13, 2015, 10:48:42 PM

It's mentioned explicitly by Alan Grant in his speech during the Q&A: "Or the incident in San Diego, which I did not witness."

I forgot about that. It would be funny in JW if they where like "If the Indominus rex got on the lose in the main park, it will be like San Diego all over again!".

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm disappointed too that Suchomimus wasn't in the film. I remember seeing the name on the dinosaur list.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 13, 2015, 09:50:50 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 13, 2015, 09:02:28 PM
Glad you enjoyed it DOOM!

I knew I would. I wasn't sure how much though. I wonder where the sequel will go. Think it'll be centred on bringing Wu in?

The sequel will be set in the court room, and a new dinosaur, philosiraptor, will be introduced to fight for cloned dinosaur's rights

That or dinosaurs thrive and outbreed humans becoming the dominant species leadig to a film set in the future during the dinocalypse

ace3g

ace3g

Top Single Days
1.   Harry Potter / Deathly Hallows (P2)   $91,071,119
2.   Avengers: Age of Ultron   $84,424,532
3.   Jurassic World   $82,800,000

Hubbs

Hubbs

Another so so review, I don't get it  :o

'a standard monster movie'

blood.

blood.

remove the music an the logos and it's a live action version of a dinosaur cartoon. Entertaining, fun, but not a jurassic park movie

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

One of the things that really sets Jaws apart from the Jurassic park films is that back then Spielberg was not afraid to kill off a kid and even in the sequels teenagers were killed. One thing the Jurassic Park films lack is that you never feel that the kids are in any actual danger so most scenes with them lack something because you know they are not going to be killed or even really injured.

There is a lot of hate on this forum for this film but i found it a lot more enjoyable than the two sequels its a bit like Scream 4 which i thought was far better than Scream 2 and 3 but not quite as good as the original.

I didn't worry about the plot holes or scientific inaccuracy ( i like how Woo explained they made the dinosaurs to look what people expected dinosaurs to look like) and just enjoyed the film. This year has been pretty average for films unlike 2012 and 2014 and i really haven't enjoyed  a film this year as much with maybe the exceptions of Run All Night, It Follows and maybe Mad Max.

Gate

Gate

I have to wait six more months for Star Wars now. I hope I can make it.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Saw it Thursday night. I found it to entertaining. Definitely good, but certainly fell short of great. It delivered on action, but not scares. Also, the set-up is incredibly paint-by-numbers. I thought Pratt was awesome. Several supporting characters were as well. Others less so. I felt however that it suffered from plot redundancies, beyond the basic premise of dinosaurs running wild. Though enjoyable, I feel inclined to lump it in w/ Lost Word & III. The more interesting plot elements were oft tossed aside to play hide & seek w/ the InDominus Res. There's the original, which is truly spectacular, & three suitable sequels, ranging from mediocre to good. I reckon it does represent an improvement over III however.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

So one thing I realized about the ending is that
Spoiler
when Blue is running in to save the rex it plays a quick part of TLW theme. This scene just became better a lot better for me.
[close]

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

I'll be seeing it tomorrow, I even got my JP t-short for the occasion. Screw the critics, I liked all three movies equally. 8) Pic not related, but it has a velociraptor anyway.
Spoiler
[close]

Gate

Gate

blood.

blood.

delete it. now.

xeno-kaname

severen76

severen76

I saw it the other day and had a lot of fun with it during the second and third acts. It's not as good as the first, but I think it's just about at the same level as The Lost World.

Pratt was great, and it has some good characters in it. But Vincent D'Onfrio's character is really under-cooked, especially as he's supposed to be the main antagonist.

Did anyone else find some of the deaths in this really dark?
Spoiler
I'm mainly thinking of the nanny and the security guard after I-Rex breaks out of the enclosure
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed