Bill Paxton

Started by Alan Dutch Schaefer, Dec 04, 2007, 03:48:22 AM

Author
Bill Paxton (Read 2,826 times)

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 05, 2007, 02:10:28 AM
Quote from: I am Mother on Dec 05, 2007, 02:07:01 AM
To be true, I never really understood the whole story to do with the production of that film, and as David Fincher never participated in the Quadrilogy there are a lot of questions unanswered. However, as I said, Alien 3 was awesome and definately added to the series instead of taking away (Ressurection, AVP for instance).
The point I was trying to make is that people had blamed Fincher for the deaths of Hicks and Newt when he didn't even write the script. If anything, he had very little control over the film's production thanks to studio interference.
Cool man. I appreciate being put right without someone swearing at me lol. That said, I still think that the Alien 3 assembly cut is one of the best in the series. And judging by what you said, it's even more remarkable that he managed to create a film like that out of chaos.

Mr Fincher, I salute...

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Alan Dutch Schaefer

Quote from: Its Game Time on Dec 05, 2007, 01:26:42 AM
I've actuallly wondered what it would be like if he survived Aliens and didnt die in the crash at the begining of Alien 3.

maybe he could've had a role reversal with Charles S. Dutton's character.  Maybe that the end thats when Hicks dies.  if ur talkin about Hicks

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: I am Mother on Dec 05, 2007, 02:15:54 AM
Cool man. I appreciate being put right without someone swearing at me lol. That said, I still think that the Alien 3 assembly cut is one of the best in the series. And judging by what you said, it's even more remarkable that he managed to create a film like that out of chaos.

Mr Fincher, I salute...
If you want to read more about the production of AlienĀ³ (and of his other films), buy a copy of Dark Eye: The Films of David Fincher by James Swallow. It's an excellent book.

I am Mother

I am Mother

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 05, 2007, 02:21:44 AM
Quote from: I am Mother on Dec 05, 2007, 02:15:54 AM

Mr Fincher, I salute...
If you want to read more about the production of AlienĀ³ (and of his other films), buy a copy of Dark Eye: The Films of David Fincher by James Swallow. It's an excellent book.
Thanks for the tip mate. As a matter of fact, I'm actually watchin Fight Club right now, and it shows what he's capable of.

maledoro

maledoro

With the exception of Panic Room, all of his films show what he can do...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Dec 05, 2007, 12:51:59 AM
I thought bill was the one that got his heart ripped out! :-\

No, that was the bad guy from Cobra.

The Diesel

The Diesel

Game over man!  Game over!

I am Mother

I am Mother

^ Love the sig Diesel

The Diesel

The Diesel

Thanks.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 05, 2007, 01:35:17 AM
Since Anderson had claimed that AVP is set in an alternate universe

Never did.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 05, 2007, 04:29:57 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Dec 05, 2007, 01:35:17 AM
Since Anderson had claimed that AVP is set in an alternate universe

Never did.

No he didnt, the closest thing he said to that was that avp was a standalone franchise, that it wasnt and alien or predator sequel. Which means its still in the same universe.

The Demon

The Demon

Then how is it not a Predator sequel if its in the same universe.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 05, 2007, 04:52:25 AM
Then how is it not a Predator sequel if its in the same universe.

Well its a sequel but, its meant to be a standalone franchise, thats what anderson said  ::)
At least i'm pretty sure he said that.

The Demon

The Demon

That still doesn't make much sense to me on how it can be a stonealone sequel.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 05, 2007, 04:56:31 AM
That still doesn't make much sense to me on how it can be a stonealone sequel.

Its not supposed to make sense, anderson said it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed