Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,317 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 29, 2010, 02:02:49 AM
This is seriously awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CraS_qzbKU

I was planning on making a Battle Room map & gametype, but there really is no need anymore- this guy perfected it!  :o

Holy shit.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, I know. Here's the download link, just make sure you're signed in on you're B.net profile:

Link

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 29, 2010, 03:51:14 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Sep 29, 2010, 03:00:56 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 29, 2010, 12:11:02 AM
I'm really enjoying Legendary mode. If you can believe it, so far, it hasn't given me as many headaches as Heroic did.

LIES lol  ;D
I believe him- it's the same for me. The Plasma Pistol and Magnum/DMR/Needle Rifle are my best friends.
Its because weve all done it on heroic (Im experiencing this too) and now were ready for a jump in difficulty and prepared for the level, unlike say normal then legendary, thats a giant skill jump and the levels dont feel the same.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I haven't actually done Heroic. Well, actually I did once, but I thought my friend had it on Normal, so it was unintentional.

I've beaten the game of Legendary co-op, and I had more trouble with that than I have on my whole solo game so far.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Because Bungie made it so that the more people you have the harder it gets, thats why its a B.net medal to finish a Legendary mission on four player online co-op.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Jesus... I was doing it with three loud, bad players!  :o

Well, actually I did the last mission with two others:

Stats

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Nice

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 29, 2010, 02:02:49 AM
This is seriously awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CraS_qzbKU

I was planning on making a Battle Room map & gametype, but there really is no need anymore- this guy perfected it!  :o

Vulhala

Vulhala

I've never been into Halo, because the gameplay always seemed too childish for my taste, but this level editor stuff (Forge?) almost makes me want to buy it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Vulhala on Sep 29, 2010, 12:44:59 PM
I've never been into Halo, because the gameplay always seemed too childish for my taste
Don't mean to pry, but what about it is childish exactly?

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 29, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on Sep 29, 2010, 12:44:59 PM
I've never been into Halo, because the gameplay always seemed too childish for my taste
Don't mean to pry, but what about it is childish exactly?

The community?

Vulhala

Vulhala

Laser weapons that go 'Pewpewpew', people bouncing around like kangaroos all the time in multiplayer, weapons feeling like they have no power/impact, wierd little grunt things running around like complete idiots saying stupid catchphrases in SP, the fact that 90% of the people you meet on MP are 10 year old kids who basically only have the game because their parents want to keep them occupied while they have sex in the next room......

I could go on, but there's a COD vs Halo thread where I summed it up pretty well  ;D

Quote from: Vulhala on Sep 08, 2009, 09:21:16 AM
I have to go with Call of Duty all the way.

Don't get me wrong, I kind of understand why so many people love Halo to death, but there are too many negative aspects to it for me to enjoy it. By far and away the main one of these is the weapons. They really don't feel as if they have any weight to them. You just run around going "PEW!PEW!PEW!" with laser weapons all the time, and there's no satisfying sense of any impact. Whereas with COD, shit blows up. When you fire at someone, you know they're going to go down hard. And you know if fired upon, you've got to get the f**k out of there fast or you're toast. It's a much more visceral experience.

Also, another big gripe for me is the campaign. Now, I'll admit at this point to only playing Halo 3 for any length of time, and I played the original Halo a bit on my old Xbox so I'm not going to comment on the story, as I've read one or two of the books, which isn't enough to base an opinion on. But the enemies were just annoying to me. The little grunts that ran around were stupid, and with all the little quotes they come out with just made me laugh rather than take them seriously as a threat.

As for multiplayer, COD has Halo beat hands down for me. It's much more in depth tactically and the game modes foster a real sense of team spirit which can lead to some truly enjoyable and engaging battles if you're in a lobby with people of the same mind. I've lost literally weeks of my life on COD4&5 because once you hit a groove on line, it's near impossible to put down. Halo on the other hand, felt very much every man for himself, and am I the only one who gets pissed off with people just jumping up and down whenever you get anywhere near them and blowing you away? Although that may have just been because I was crap at it of course  :D

So for those reasons, plus a few more little niggly ones, I'm very much in the COD camp. And from experience posting on a few other forums, and experiencing the level of bile sent my way from Halo fans who viewed me much the same as a Muslim would for drawing a comical picture of Mohammad, I never said Halo was a crap game, just not my kind of game :)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I reckon Reach could change your views.

Quote90% of the people you meet on MP are 10 year old kids

And also, the mute option is your friend.

Huol

Huol

Quote90% of the people you meet on MP are 10 year old kids

Same can be said for CoD.
Or any game really

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

It's an even worse issue in CoD.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed