Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,298 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It's only 10 dollars, and when you live in a small town it's defiantely worth it. Even though I don't live in a small town anymore, I still pre-ordered it because the chances of picking up a non-ordered Limited Edition on launch day is slim, especially one like the Legendary Edition.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 08, 2010, 04:10:03 AM
I've never preordered a game in my life; I always get the ones I want on release day.

Methinks you're simply wasting money.

Your spending money whether you pre-order a game or get it on release day either way. Preordering a game lets you put however much money you want towards it or just pay it off in full then on release day just go in and pick it up. Thats what Im doing for Gears 3.

Anyway I thought you guys would be interested in some new PAX firefight footage (if its been posted already my bad)

Part 1
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-halo-reach/704142

Part 2
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-halo-reach/704144

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 08, 2010, 03:25:04 AM
You?!?!?! But, you're the guy who's been on a Halo marathon for the last like 3 weeks!!!

Nope, I haven't actually played Halo in a while.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 08, 2010, 04:05:41 AM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Sep 07, 2010, 08:51:35 PM
Also, I still haven't got round to Pre-Ordering Reach. :D
"Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!"

"You've drawn a large crowd."

"If they've come to hear me beg, they will be disappointed."

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Thanks for finishing that  ;D

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 08, 2010, 02:40:39 PM
Thanks for finishing that  ;D

No problem. ;)

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Sep 08, 2010, 04:20:50 AM
Your spending money whether you pre-order a game or get it on release day either way. Preordering a game lets you put however much money you want towards it or just pay it off in full then on release day just go in and pick it up. Thats what Im doing for Gears 3.

My experience in pre-ordering at Gamestop and other places has made me ...well... not pre-order anymore.   :D
I pre-ordered a GBA SP, got there... They didn't have mine on launch day.  Also happened with a few games like Metroid Prime.
Every game I pre-ordered (back when they still did this) was $5 more than everywhere else.
I gave into the preo-order madness once again and pre-orderd ODST at Toys R Us to get the ODST figure and gift card, they ran out of figures...

So, now yes.. I may miss out on the midnight launch, but I have ALWAYS been able to walk into a store and get a copy of any game the next day, if not on launch day w/out pre-ordering.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Pre-ordering is bloody useful but the problem kicks in when the store doesn't separate the line between those who pre-ordered and those who are just buying the first copy they see. It was like that when I went to EB Games to pick up God of War 3. The line wasn't even that long but I waited for over an hour because there was only one line. They didn't split it up for some odd reason.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Cellien on Sep 08, 2010, 07:15:29 PM

My experience in pre-ordering at Gamestop and other places has made me ...well... not pre-order anymore.   :D
I pre-ordered a GBA SP, got there... They didn't have mine on launch day.  Also happened with a few games like Metroid Prime.
Every game I pre-ordered (back when they still did this) was $5 more than everywhere else.
I gave into the preo-order madness once again and pre-orderd ODST at Toys R Us to get the ODST figure and gift card, they ran out of figures...

So, now yes.. I may miss out on the midnight launch, but I have ALWAYS been able to walk into a store and get a copy of any game the next day, if not on launch day w/out pre-ordering.

Similar thing happened to me with AVP3 Hunter Edition. However, I had to pre-order Reach due to my getting the Legendary version.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

At the midnight release I'm going to for Reach, they have two seperate counters, one for pre-orders and one for walk-in buys. Which is quite nice, because now I don't need to wait for ever and ever.

Extended version of the Live Action trailer. Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRlWLDWhGI

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Sep 08, 2010, 09:36:58 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Sep 08, 2010, 07:15:29 PM

Similar thing happened to me with AVP3 Hunter Edition. However, I had to pre-order Reach due to my getting the Legendary version.

Why would you have pre-order for the LE?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Because they are rarely in stores first day for walk-in purchases. They order a certain amount based on pre-orders.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Come to think of it...I never saw God of War 3 Ultimate Edition on sale. It was pre-orders only I saw.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 08, 2010, 04:05:41 AM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Sep 07, 2010, 08:51:35 PM
Also, I still haven't got round to Pre-Ordering Reach. :D
"Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!"

"You've drawn a large crowd."
Beat me to it by a long shot lol
"If they've come to hear me beg, they will be disappointed."
The epic resonates from this..... so very much

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 08, 2010, 09:37:38 PM
At the midnight release I'm going to for Reach, they have two seperate counters, one for pre-orders and one for walk-in buys. Which is quite nice, because now I don't need to wait for ever and ever.

Extended version of the Live Action trailer. Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRlWLDWhGI

I can't watch it without my whole body getting chills. The music is just so beautiful and it's an astounding video.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed