Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,295 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 11, 2014, 06:12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SE4jDyQsus#ws

The background voices between 0:32-0:38 sounded like stormtroopers to me .  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I finally watched the cutscenes for Spartan Ops last night. I'd only done the first block of episodes (5?) before my housemates had moved onto other games and never got chance to play them.

Really enjoyed it. I really can't wait to see where they take the story in Guardians.

I'm going to be re-reading Escalation soon and I'll be ordering Broken Circle at the end of the month too.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I've had my complaints with the Blur CGI cutscenes so far, aside from them looking gorgeous, mostly due to changes in cinematography or sound editing proving to be less dramatically appealing than the originals, but getting to Sacred Icon last night, they captured and rearranged quite possibly my favorite cutscene, featuring my favorite character dynamics, in absolute perfection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2doq0dz38#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZpsRJt9cBg#noexternalembed-ws

Truth, in Halo 2 (he was absolutely ruined in Halo 3, in my opinion) was one of my favorite Halo characters, if not number one while battling Cortana, R'tas, and The Arbiter, and seeing how Blur captured him and did absolute justice to Michael Wincott's impeccable voice work makes me want to stand up and clap. He's such a malicious, clever, and practical character, and this cutscene displays it perfectly. I also applaud them for how they rendered the Elites, moving away from the movie-monsters of Halo Reach and Halo 4, which I will never stop being appauled with. Hopefully in Halo 5 they move back to the intelligent, cunning, understandable (as in language), and expressive  characters they were in Halo 2 and 3, and that they learned their lesson from doing H2A that there's been something sorely missing in Halo ever since Reach.

Not just the cunning, honorable, and fierce side to the Covenant, but levity in general. While I greatly appreciate efforts on Halo Reach and Halo 4, both games were so dry and devoid of any sort of humor (aside from the lighter stuff between Chief and Cortana in Halo 4, which was masterful in general), that it began to not feel like Halo at all. This is also a problem in the live action material; I liked Forward Unto Dawn initially for being ambitious and having some cool use of practical effects, but it wore thin, lacking any charm or levity that Halo is so well known for... this seems to be a forgotten trait of the series. Playing Halo 2 again, with a (mostly) beautiful remaster, this brings all of this to the forefront, and reminds me why it was the best game in the series, spinning easily the most compelling yarn, and being emotionally resonant and complex in more than one way. Joe Staten took a risk with it, and from some outlets was wrongly criticized, but from reviewers I'm seeing nothing but people commenting on how they're being reminded or even realizing for the first time... Halo 2 tells a really good story. It almost feels disjointed from Halo CE and Halo 3, because it lacks the same simplicity that they did, with the ambitious story of The Arbiter and Truth taking almost the most prominent and memorable place in the spotlight. It's where the meat of the story comes from, making the Chief and the humans feel more like supporting characters in the overall scheme of things.

Halo 2 was pretty brilliant.

Let's hope 343 Industries understands why.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 11, 2014, 06:12:47 PMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F7OgOCzph4#ws
Nice. I'm loving the new design for Miranda and Hood is growing on me as well. :)

Nightlord

Nightlord

This is absolutely badass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYDklklJYog#ws

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 15, 2014, 10:50:12 PM
Truth, in Halo 2 (he was absolutely ruined in Halo 3, in my opinion) was one of my favorite Halo characters, if not number one while battling Cortana, R'tas, and The Arbiter, and seeing how Blur captured him and did absolute justice to Michael Wincott's impeccable voice work makes me want to stand up and clap. He's such a malicious, clever, and practical character, and this cutscene displays it perfectly.
It's fair to say whoever did the prophets animations nailed them, of all the things in the redone cutscenes I thought they were the best.
Disagree about 3 ruining Truth.  Without Regret and Mercy to keep him in check I look at it as Truth had his absolute power corrupts absolutely moment.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Why haven't they made a CG movie yet?! I've been saying this since Halo Wars!! It looks absolutely stunning and it's making my wanting to hold out on buying an Xbone really hard.  :-\

Think I'm going to have to get the 360 out and redo Halo Anniversary.

So I went out and brought one. Just updating now

Nightlord

Nightlord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVvveDVdmSI#ws

:laugh: Is it really that bad?

Lord, 2014 has been so shit with so many games being rushed out the door.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

His complaints are 100% accurate.

I've been a victim of 6 vs 2 or 5 vs 1 matches and sitting and waiting for multiplayer matches.
I'm not terribly pissed off because I bought it for the campaigns, but at the same time I do really enjoy Halo 3 and 4's multiplayer but you can't play 3's because the wait times and 4's multiplayer has been all but completely removed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah - I've only really been doing campaign myself too. But when I did attempt to do matchmaking it was a terrible wait. They really need to get this sorted. As strong a single player experience as Halo is, MP is also the massive draw for many people.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

When I get the MCC it will pretty much be solely for campaign (I'm about done with online gaming at this point, it's just not really me, though I'm sure I'll give it a go), but yeah, from what I've been hearing all of the complaints about it are completely warranted (though I'm sure there are plenty of over-the-top complaints that make the others look bad). On one hand, I get it, it's a ton of content to get working. On the other hand, it shouldn't have been released in a state where it couldn't handle what it was designed to handle.

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

I love playing halo reach it was the only game i played for the xbox 360 until the day came it broke and i have never got a chance to play halo again i try to but their is no way I can get it.

Randomizer

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's badass, that much is certain.

I always wanted the Forward Unto Dawn Megablocks but I wasn't willing to shell out that kinda dollar for it. Was too ridiculous.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Anyone else put off the Guardians Beta by its very different control schemes?

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

It took a couple of games but I got used to it. Guardians will be the best halo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed