Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,376 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I wouldn't have wanted anything much longer than what we got. It kind of depends on what type of story they're trying to tell. The longest campaign, Halo 2, had two stories to tell and it managed to pace itself wonderfully, whereas Halo 4 had a pretty straightforward, single story to tell. Much longer and it would have felt like they were just dragging it out to fill time.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I agree with Sweeps. I thought I was going to be a bit put off by the 8 mission campaign, but it wound up complimenting the story perfectly. I loved every minute of it (even the frustratingly hard parts :P ).

I hope I get a chance this week to finish up Episode 2 of Spartan Ops and play some more War Games!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I want more missions like those with the mammoth! UNSC missions! Make them sidequests 343!!!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 14, 2012, 03:05:27 AM
I want more missions like those with the mammoth! UNSC missions! Make them sidequests 343!!!

Yeah, a Spartan Ops mission with a Mammoth could be quite cool.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

RIDE DA MAMMOTHS!

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 14, 2012, 02:57:41 AM
I wouldn't have wanted anything much longer than what we got. It kind of depends on what type of story they're trying to tell. The longest campaign, Halo 2, had two stories to tell and it managed to pace itself wonderfully, whereas Halo 4 had a pretty straightforward, single story to tell. Much longer and it would have felt like they were just dragging it out to fill time.
Halo 2 felt like I was fighting a war, in the sense that it dragged on forever and was tremendously frustrating on Legendary (so much so I took a pair of scissors to my controller and bashed a hole in it). But Halo 4 felt perfect. I think that, as long as each level offered something new and enticing (the new weapons already brought so much more fun to the game), they could have extended it a bit longer.

A quick question:

Spoiler
The librarian talked about Master Chief evolving rapidly, and that she'd 'upgraded' him. Is it just me, or was that never developed further? I noticed nothing. She also said that he would be immune to the Didac's powers, or something of that nature, yet he still lifts MC up at the end and nearly throws him over the edge of that bridge. Anybody have an explanation?
[close]

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: BANE on Nov 14, 2012, 03:23:50 AM
A quick question:

Spoiler
The librarian talked about Master Chief evolving rapidly, and that she'd 'upgraded' him. Is it just me, or was that never developed further? I noticed nothing. She also said that he would be immune to the Didac's powers, or something of that nature, yet he still lifts MC up at the end and nearly throws him over the edge of that bridge. Anybody have an explanation?
[close]

Spoiler
Her modification made it so he was immune to the Didact's datafication thingy.
[close]

BANE

BANE

Spoiler
Didn't she talk about physical evolution though? I thought I'd see him jumping further and running faster by the end.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Like KNIGHT said, it was because of the Librarian that John was able to survive the Didact's blast form the Composer. As for the whole jumping farther/running faster thing, maybe something like that will happen in time. From what I understand about Forerunner mutation, its a gradual process.

Personally, I think that Chief is, at least in part, Forerunner as a result of the Librarian's 'upgrade'. Maybe its a bit of a stretch (though maybe not, given the book Halo Cryptum, but I think John may even have a bit of the Didact himself in him.

I'm sure that Halo 5 and 6 will provide more clarification on just what happened to him, though.
[close]

BANE

BANE

Spoiler
Fair enough. I just heard her mention upgrades and my anticipatory juices started flowing[/spoiling]
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
All I know is, I want to see the Chief don a Forerunner battleskin before all this is over 8)
[close]

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Spoiler
Screw that, I wanna see a Forerunner War Sphinx.

No, I wanna FIGHT alongside or against one.

Cause that would kick ass.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
War Sphinx would indeed be excellent.

But I really like the comment the Librarian made about 'shaping' humanity so that, as they rebuild, they come closer with their ancient origins (hence the aesthetic similarities between the Spartans' MJOLNIR and the Forerunners' battleskin).
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Spoiler
If the Librarian had a way of converting Cortana to a bio-digital form, Chief and her could have had the most amazing babies ever. Ever.

...But seeing as previous bio-digital meddling didn't go so well (Prometheans), I think she's better off.
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Spoiler
Last night, when I beat the game again, I honestly felt sorrow

Chief: "Wait..."

^^^^ Didn't hear that the first time, and it felt so f**king sad.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed