Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,316 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm the only one here who has no idea who this bastard is. Good thing though, because at least I'll be introduced for the first time. Never did read any of the novels for any games actually.

Vakarian

Vakarian

The Novels were really good man. You should give them a whirl if you ever get the chance.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 03, 2012, 06:29:21 PM
Wish I didn't click, but I figured as much.

Spoiler
Loved the character in Halo Cryptum, but he was more of an ally to the humans there. Wish I got around to reading Primordium to learn more about him, but I never even finished Glasslands, unfortunately :-\

Still, can't wait to see how everything plays out!!!
[close]

I think the fact that he had to
Spoiler
kill his love (the Librarian) when activating the Array will play into his villainy to some extent. One hundred millennia brooding over that death can't be good for your mental state.
[close]

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 03, 2012, 06:30:41 PM
I'm the only one here who has no idea who this bastard is. Good thing though, because at least I'll be introduced for the first time. Never did read any of the novels for any games actually.

Did you ever go through the Halo 3 Terminals? If so, he was "D."

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 03, 2012, 06:32:19 PM

Spoiler
Loved the character in Halo Cryptum, but he was more of an ally to the humans there. Wish I got around to reading Primordium to learn more about him, but I never even finished Glasslands, unfortunately :-\

[close]

Spoiler
kill his love (the Librarian) when activating the Array will play into his villainy to some extent. One hundred millennia brooding over that death can't be good for your mental state.
[close]

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 03, 2012, 06:30:41 PM

Did you ever go through the Halo 3 Terminals? If so, he was "D."

I only ever went through the ones that were available to me, and those that I found. Didn't bother with trying to find them all, especially through all the difficulties, or so that is my understanding that you can find certain ones through different difficulty modes.

Quote from: Vakarian on Sep 03, 2012, 06:32:14 PM
The Novels were really good man. You should give them a whirl if you ever get the chance.

If given the chance, then I will. I won't be actively trying to find them, but if I come across any of them; for sure I'll give them a read.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 03, 2012, 06:35:08 PM
I only ever went through the ones that were available to me, and those that I found. Didn't bother with trying to find them all, especially through all the difficulties, or so that is my understanding that you can find certain ones through different difficulty modes.

Actually, you can find every Terminal on every difficulty setting. With one exception, they only give a different message when playing on Legendary (the exception being the fifth terminal, which gives a different message on each difficulty setting).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 03, 2012, 06:32:19 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Its been a very long time since I read the terminals, and when I did I was very new to Halo and didn't understand them.

In Halo Cryptum, it was established that (spoilers, obviously)
Spoiler
thousands/millions of years ago he was a major part of a war between the Forerunners and Humans. After the war, he exiled himself in a Cryptum, only to be awakened by a young Forerunner named Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting and his two human companions. Over the course of the novel, he eases up towards the humans and begins to respect them. By the end of the novel
Spoiler
he actually dies at the hands of another Forerunner, but is, in a sense, reborn in Bornstellar.
[close]
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

So the 5th terminal is really the only one that is different?

Well, looks like I'll give this a go in November, since I'll be playing all games I have chronologically before Halo 4 comes out.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm not sure I'm gonna have time to do the entire Halo saga leading up to Halo 4, but I will, at the very least, play through the trilogy in the weeks prior.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 03, 2012, 06:41:26 PM
So the 5th terminal is really the only one that is different?

Well, looks like I'll give this a go in November, since I'll be playing all games I have chronologically before Halo 4 comes out.

That's exactly what I did, too! :) Gotta love Halothons.

You can also, of course, find complete transcripts of what the Terminals say online, if you wanna see what the other difficulties offer.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Marines, I forget. Did you play Anniversary? Because those terminals are also really great.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yes I did. No longer had a copy of the original Halo (it had been borrowed from my brother's friend), so I made the purchase in anticipation of this latest game. Loved those Terminals.

Nightlord

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Great ad. Loved how they integrated the gametype into the actual story of the series.

Now how the hell will they explain Oddball? :laugh:

Nightlord

Nightlord

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/367178/halo-4-promethean-enemies-and-weapons-revealed/?site=cvg

Nothing new, just descriptions of the promethean weapons and some of the enemy classes.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So there's only three different types of Promethean enemies? Was kind of expecting more than that, but eh...at least they look cool 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed