Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,299 times)

Nightmare Asylum

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Well, I had been using Forge Mode to kill time waiting for November...

But after seeing that, it just won't be the same.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Haha, I know. I forged a bit in Halo 3 and had fun with it, but I've probably used the system less than 10 times in Reach (despite how much better reach's system is in comparison to 3's, I just never really was any good at it :P )

Honestly, though, this is making me want to start forging again in Halo 4.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 07, 2012, 10:08:13 PM
So much for good games then.
Yeah, that was the typical attitude until the facts on Activision having next to nothing in terms of input with Bungie's games. It's basically as strict as Bungie makes them and Activision publishes them... without grinding them into a pulp.

[Infinity Ward symbol slowly fades in]

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 07, 2012, 05:06:11 PM
So do I, but I just hope it's not there to replace map-based weapon placement. We already know that you can customize start-up weapons, so it leaves me to wonder if this is to give place for power weapons.
No, don't worry, there are still spawns including spawns for power weapons. Even in infinity slayer.
From what I can tell from watching gameplay, there are several initial weapon spawns. On the video I saw of Adrift there was one that initially had a rocket launcher and then later had a sword. I also saw another spawn that had a drag grenade (all the players started with only one)
And then in other videos I've seen of vanilla team slayer and such, people would pick up plasma pistols and storm rifles and stuff off the ground around the map.
The infinity slayer drops are just so that a good player can quickly get himself a unique power weapon without having to go to/ wait for a spawn.
This is all sort of speculation based on what I've seen in videos though so ya know, grain of salt I'd guess. Either way it looks really good

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 08, 2012, 12:05:51 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 07, 2012, 10:08:13 PM
So much for good games then.
Yeah, that was the typical attitude until the facts on Activision having next to nothing in terms of input with Bungie's games. It's basically as strict as Bungie makes them and Activision publishes them... without grinding them into a pulp.

[Infinity Ward symbol slowly fades in]

I'm wondering how long that will last. If a publisher thinks it knows better than the developer in terms of what is good, then they'll get involved. EA is one such example.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Bungie's contract with them legally states that interference can't happen-- it was their terms, and it a smart move, after whole West-Zampella thing. Activision trying to do otherwise would be a breach of contract and, as I'm sure they now know, a very incredibly stupid move for them.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHPPsQFovY#ws

New Forge stuff included. Nothing huge, but the dynamic lighting and select-area effects are cool.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just bought an X-Box with two controllers for less than $10. Sure, it's not a 360, but at least I will be able to play through Halo 2 again.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 11, 2012, 11:06:11 AM
I just bought an X-Box with two controllers for less than $10. Sure, it's not a 360, but at least I will be able to play through Halo 2 again.

Niiiice. Halo 2 alone is worth it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

That's awesome Lauf! Great price, too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maintain that thing well dude. It could be worth something someday.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 11, 2012, 02:18:53 PM

Maintain that thing well dude. It could be worth something someday.

They're selling them online for 300 dollars.

Xenokiller

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well they are making Halo 4. Maybe after.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed