Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,249 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just played through Halo: Reach again. Having played a lot of Firefight as well kinda ruined the campaign a bit. Now it feels like you're just running from FF level to FF level. Don't get me wrong, I still love it. But I think it would have been better if the Firefight levels would have been kept separate from the campaign levels. That's what they're doing with Multiplayer in Halo 4, if I'm not mistaken? :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on May 06, 2012, 10:28:14 PM
I just played through Halo: Reach again. Having played a lot of Firefight as well kinda ruined the campaign a bit. Now it feels like you're just running from FF level to FF level. Don't get me wrong, I still love it. But I think it would have been better if the Firefight levels would have been kept separate from the campaign levels. That's what they're doing with Multiplayer in Halo 4, if I'm not mistaken? :-\

Halo 4 actually doesn't have Firefight. Instead, it will have a cooperative, episodic campaign called Spartan Ops, with new (free) content coming out each week, telling the story of your personal spartan IV from the UNSC Infinity.

And I'm pretty sure Halo 4's actual multiplayer maps will be new rather than from the campaign as well. So yeah, that issue will probably be avoided in Halo 4 :)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 06, 2012, 09:17:54 PM
Quote from: TheMonolith on May 06, 2012, 04:45:16 PM
Played the Halo 2 level Uprising.
Still one of my all time favorite levels.
Plan on going through all of Arby's levels soon.

You have no idea the temptation I'm resisting by not pulling Halo 2 off the shelf and popping it in the 'box.

Must. Wait. To. Get. Anniversary.

Go. Chronologically.

I haven't beaten Anniversary yet and I still did it. Ain't no crime to want to play the Childs elite fighting alongside the Special Agent Johnson elite and another elite who seems to be doing his best Sean Connery impression.

Speaking of ETs with high concentrations of MAN-Stuff, I took a look at an article on Halo 4. Looked interesting. Think they may be introducing a new elite character to the mix judging by what I saw. Guy looked pretty good. May have just been an enemy MPC, but it still looked pretty good. 

I still want to see games that are not centered around Spartans though. Would hate to see the Halo series suffer from HALLOWEEN-Syndrome.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 06, 2012, 10:03:12 PM
Quote from: Xenokiller on May 06, 2012, 10:01:13 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 02, 2012, 10:04:42 PM

MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System

The MA5D ICWS is an exceptionally resilient gas-operated, magazine-fed, automatic rifle designed to execute close-quarters combat with lethal efficiency, regardless of hostile counter-op environmental conditions or duration of use in the field.

BR85 Heavy-Barrel Service Rifle

The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round burst firing, and proven to be an extraordinarily versatile weapon at a wide variety of ranges and in the hands of a capable marksman.

M395 Designated Marksman Rifle

The M395 DMR is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, marksman rifle that maintains a smart-linked, telescopic, rail-mounted sight for scout personnel. This rifle favors mid-range to long-range combat, offering impressive stopping power.

Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920 "Railgun"

The ARC-920 Railgun is a compact-channel linear accelerator that fires a high-explosive round at incredible speed, delivering both kinetic and explosive force to both hard and soft targets alike.

Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Materiel

The SRS99-S5 AM is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic sniper rifle with exceptional accuracy and the ability to simultaneously breach both energy-shielding and high-density armor, making immediate kills nearly effortless when this weapon is properly utilized.

If the railgun is anything like Coulson's "Destroyer" gun from the avengers I'm hooked  ;D

Oh, so that's what it does.
"I got that! I got that reference!"

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on May 06, 2012, 09:23:27 PM
I'll ship you my anniversary if you ship me your Halo 3 and we can switch back when the time comes
I've been wanting to finish the fight again but the disc is lost to time itself

NO!

It is mine...

Quote from: TheMonolith on May 06, 2012, 11:19:55 PM
I haven't beaten Anniversary yet and I still did it. Ain't no crime to want to play the Childs elite fighting alongside the Special Agent Johnson elite and another elite who seems to be doing his best Sean Connery impression.

You do tempt me so, good sir. But I must wait. The marathon will that much sweeter.

Quote from: TheMonolith on May 06, 2012, 11:19:55 PMSpeaking of ETs with high concentrations of MAN-Stuff, I took a look at an article on Halo 4. Looked interesting. Think they may be introducing a new elite character to the mix judging by what I saw. Guy looked pretty good. May have just been an enemy MPC, but it still looked pretty good. 

I still want to see games that are not centered around Spartans though. Would hate to see the Halo series suffer from HALLOWEEN-Syndrome.

What article was that? Like to take a look at it.

And I agree about the Spartans. Starting to become a bit cliche. I'd love a game where you're just a normal human. Yes, I know they did that in ODST, but that was barely any different. I'd like it to be quite clear that you aren't the same as the supersoldier.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The article was in the magazine Game-Informer. Might be online. I didn't read it. I was just looking at the pics to pass the time and set it down once the festivities got started.

Halo has a fascinating universe. I want to see it from the perspective of someone else other than a Spartan. Let us have the opportunity to branch out and explore.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Playing as Covvies would be great. Hell, give us an entire game from that perspective!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I've been saying for a long time that the Arbiter should get an ODST-sized expansion game (unless they're willing to commit to a full game, which I would love as well). Maybe set it between Halo 3 and Halo 4 and show his perspective on the Covenant's current post-war state.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Rick Grimes on May 06, 2012, 11:24:05 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 06, 2012, 10:03:12 PM
Quote from: Xenokiller on May 06, 2012, 10:01:13 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 02, 2012, 10:04:42 PM

MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System

The MA5D ICWS is an exceptionally resilient gas-operated, magazine-fed, automatic rifle designed to execute close-quarters combat with lethal efficiency, regardless of hostile counter-op environmental conditions or duration of use in the field.

BR85 Heavy-Barrel Service Rifle

The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round burst firing, and proven to be an extraordinarily versatile weapon at a wide variety of ranges and in the hands of a capable marksman.

M395 Designated Marksman Rifle

The M395 DMR is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, marksman rifle that maintains a smart-linked, telescopic, rail-mounted sight for scout personnel. This rifle favors mid-range to long-range combat, offering impressive stopping power.

Asymmetric Recoilless Carbine-920 "Railgun"

The ARC-920 Railgun is a compact-channel linear accelerator that fires a high-explosive round at incredible speed, delivering both kinetic and explosive force to both hard and soft targets alike.

Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Materiel

The SRS99-S5 AM is a gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi-automatic sniper rifle with exceptional accuracy and the ability to simultaneously breach both energy-shielding and high-density armor, making immediate kills nearly effortless when this weapon is properly utilized.

If the railgun is anything like Coulson's "Destroyer" gun from the avengers I'm hooked  ;D

Oh, so that's what it does.
"I got that! I got that reference!"
NO, You only got 12.5% of that reference

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Speaking of Avengers, did anyone else feel like the giant mechanical toothy whale thing that flies through the air in the Avengers remind them of Halo in some small way?

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

... No

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Meh, just looked it could've been a new form of Covenant vessel.

Remonster

Remonster

The plane that Black Widow and Hawkeye used in the end of the film made me think of the Pelican. Not that it copied it or anything, but that it made me think that Halo could look amazing as a movie.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 07, 2012, 02:12:04 AM
Speaking of Avengers, did anyone else feel like the giant mechanical toothy whale thing that flies through the air in the Avengers remind them of Halo in some small way?

If anything it reminded me of Gears of War.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 15, 2012, 09:48:44 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but we won't be fighting flood in Halo four

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm814552_The-Flood-s-return.aspx#post814552

f**kING YES

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed