Rating Change

Started by War Wager, Mar 20, 2007, 05:53:18 PM

Are you glad that AvP has gone from PG-13 to HARD-R?

Very happy
36 (87.8%)
Not bothered
4 (9.8%)
Prefered PG-13
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Rating Change (Read 3,871 times)

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

I have no problem with R.

But make it over the top. I want intestines spilling everywhere!!!

And I mean c'mon that's just creature gore.

Haven't you guys ever seen Dawn of the Dead?

SiL

SiL

QuoteBut make it over the top. I want intestines spilling everywhere!!!

Then you're in the wrong franchise. Neither series were based on excessive over the top gore; Restraint was the key.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

If it is averagely gory with one over the top scene I will be satisfied.

SiL

SiL

Why do there have to be any over the top scenes in the first place?

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Come on! This is a rare chance we get to see these two creatures slug it out in motion!!! Let's see some disgusting damage!

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Plus, I quote Colin Strause from IMDB, that he said this movie will be "sick and sadistic" so for all you gore-haters...tough!

SiL

SiL

I'm not a gore hater, I just don't see everyone's obsession with seeing this turn into nothing more than a gratuitous splatter flick. Everyone's all about the originals until it comes to gore, when it turns into 'BRING THE PAIN! BRING TEH GUTS! BRING TEH BLOOD SPLATTER ND DETH OF BABEE CHILDRUN!'

The three goriest movies of the series are widely regarded as the worst - Extra gore clearly doesn't help these films.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Quote from: SiL on Mar 29, 2007, 03:34:33 AM
I'm not a gore hater, I just don't see everyone's obsession with seeing this turn into nothing more than a gratuitous splatter flick. Everyone's all about the originals until it comes to gore, when it turns into 'BRING THE PAIN! BRING TEH GUTS! BRING TEH BLOOD SPLATTER ND DETH OF BABEE CHILDRUN!'

The three goriest movies of the series are widely regarded as the worst - Extra gore clearly doesn't help these films.

Aye.  Over-the-top gore is both unrealistic, and generally comical.  Just takes from the movie overall.

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

I agree with Pvt. Hicks /\ /\ /\ ;)

wolfboy

wolfboy

Geezus, you scared the crap out of me. I thought the rating went from R to PG-13.

War Wager

War Wager

It's meant to be as gory as Saw and Hostel, I hope it's not  :-\

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Saw and Hostel were not gory ;)

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: >>Predalien Warrior<< on Mar 29, 2007, 01:54:52 PM
It's meant to be as gory as Saw and Hostel, I hope it's not  :-\
According to who?

War Wager

War Wager

On our Main Page theres new's on the HARD R rating. It says that the AvP franchise will be elevated from PG13 to not just an R but a HARD R...

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: >>Predalien Warrior<< on Mar 29, 2007, 02:57:42 PM
On our Main Page theres new's on the HARD R rating. It says that the AvP franchise will be elevated from PG13 to not just an R but a HARD R...

I said that it was just a weird coincidence that AvP2 was happened to be called "Hard R" before the MPAA announced this rating. Doesn't mean it will be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed