Alien Experience has new interview with Greg Strause (New Pics Included)

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2007, 05:15:32 PM

Author
Alien Experience has new interview with Greg Strause (New Pics Included) (Read 21,897 times)

SiL

It doesn't matter. There is no reason other than a stand-alone 1-in-a-million freak of nature that explains why it looks so much like a Predator.

SiL

Science, logic, reason ...

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:51:44 AM
Science, logic, reason ...
Science, sorry last time i checked we never studdited them in a lab
Logic, based on what we have seen...and we haven't seen any other planet's species aliens
Reasoning also based on what the logic was based on

SiL

Don't need to study them in a lab. There's no such thing as 'dominant DNA'.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:57:35 AM
Don't need to study them in a lab. There's no such thing as 'dominant DNA'.
you work on DNA...domminat traits anyone?
also like i said before your taking the brothers to literally, They have to come up with answers for questions they weren't ready for..

its not dominant in my oppion its just diffrent, thus causing diffret results

SiL

Dominant is subjective to a species. It's all just information.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 01:01:44 AM
Dominant is subjective to a species. It's all just information.
last time i check aliens take traits from species so it matters to some extant...honestly we base what we know on what the movies present us. this is what it presents us with

SiL

Aliens don't take external muscles from humans. They aren't programed to do so. So why take them from Predators? They don't take hair, genitals, or anything like that. So why, if only potentially, take them from Predators?

Dasani

I was wondering if maybe the predalien took more predator traits because it saw that they were more useful than that of a human or dog slash/ox? The dreadlocks might just be a byproduct of taking more pred D.N.A.  Or it might just be to help distinguish it from a normal alien.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 01:08:48 AM
Aliens don't take external muscles from humans. They aren't programed to do so. So why take them from Predators? They don't take hair, genitals, or anything like that. So why, if only potentially, take them from Predators?

Why not?

SiL

Because we've seen they don't look at those areas in humans and dogs and there is no logical reason they'd do so for Predators.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 01:12:00 AM
Because we've seen they don't look at those areas in humans and dogs and there is no logical reason they'd do so for Predators.
I do agree that the RM method is odd, but not impossible, also it taking more from the Predator is something on the molecular level which we can't explain, so logically we should both say "Who knows?"

Alienseseses

It is possible that over the ages Preds have fiddled with their own DNA. This could affect an alien fetus.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 04, 2007, 12:55:15 AM
Science, sorry last time i checked we never studdited them in a lab

Well, there was an entire film where they did just that. :)

Quotewe haven't seen any other planet's species aliens

We are aliens to the facehugger, just like dogs would be. Just because you come from another planet doesn't mean to say you're going to be capable of breaking biological rules.

Organs might be different, for instance, but they'll still take care of the same basic functions: Distribution of energy, expelling waste and so on...

The only exceptions might be for creatures which might not breathe or have eyes and so on. However, we know Predators do all of these things.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 04, 2007, 12:43:02 AM
your taking the brother to literaly its not stronger DNA its just diffrent.

They said it's stronger DNA, my friend. A concept which does not exist in nature. :)

Face it, they're pretty much making things up as they go along, not giving much consideration to what's scientifically possible. That much was obvious in the 'blue liquid' retcon, here on the forums.

Now, that doesn't mean to say it won't make an entertaining film, but if you're going to use it as a basis for debating the biology and such of these creatures, you're going to be up a very brown and sticky creek without a paddle, from the looks of it.

It's like Stephen Sommers films: Often quite fun, but not really up there with the classics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed