Why did you join?

Started by §niperhawk, Nov 26, 2007, 01:47:08 AM

Author
Why did you join? (Read 86,127 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Spartan113 on Mar 10, 2011, 12:35:02 AM
Kinda weird, but I joined because all the guys at IMDB were trashing this site pretty hard. So I decided to check it out for myself. Turned out to be a superb decision. Now, all the guys over at IMDB are d-bags.

That's because IMDb is full of the people who have been banned from here. They're a wee bit bitter.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2011, 08:27:34 AM
Kinda weird, but I joined because all the guys at IMDB were trashing this site pretty hard. So I decided to check it out for myself. Turned out to be a superb decision. Now, all the guys over at IMDB are d-bags.

That's because IMDb is full of the people who have been banned from here. They're a wee bit bitter.

Wee, may be a slight understatement. There was a thread dedicated to me about being a member here. All the guys would post that "Maggots like you aren't allowed on this forum" and what not. Really stupid stuff, man.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ignore them. Leave them to their troll filled forum that noone takes seriously.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Spartan113 on Mar 10, 2011, 08:52:32 AM

Wee, may be a slight understatement. There was a thread dedicated to me about being a member here. All the guys would post that "Maggots like you aren't allowed on this forum" and what not. Really stupid stuff, man.

lmao :D

That's deep. :(

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2011, 10:42:49 AM

Oh, yeah, I don't talk to any of them any more.

Quote from: Lie on Mar 10, 2011, 02:29:37 PM

:laugh:  Yeah, I imagine it took them awhile to think of something so deep  :laugh:

Brother

Brother

Let's not go down to that level shall we? Enough of this.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Spartan113 on Mar 10, 2011, 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2011, 10:42:49 AM

Oh, yeah, I don't talk to any of them any more.

Quote from: Lie on Mar 10, 2011, 02:29:37 PM

:laugh:  Yeah, I imagine it took them awhile to think of something so deep  :laugh:

Its not our fault we're better hahahahaha.

predxeno

predxeno

Wow, the last few posts have been really informative. :o  I joined cause the PlanetAvP forums pretty much had no more activity left and someone recommended this site.

EDIT: Also, I wanted to enter one of the WY lanyard giveaways promoting AVP2010, which I won, btw. ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The IMDb boards are indeed full of trolls, delusional idiots and whatnot.
Also fanboys.
Full o' fanboys.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I joined because I wanted to be part of a community and share my informed opinions on Aliens, Predators as well as other things.
Alien and Predator are two of my four top science fiction destinations (the other two being 2001 and The Terminator) so sharing a common interest in these two genius concepts really was appealing.
But over time it has become more about the people. In spite of ups and downs, some real friendships have been made that I do hope last.

predxeno

predxeno

^This for me, too.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on Mar 15, 2011, 06:35:36 PM
I joined because I wanted to be part of a community and share my informed opinions on Aliens, Predators as well as other things.
Alien and Predator are two of my four top science fiction destinations (the other two being 2001 and The Terminator) so sharing a common interest in these two genius concepts really was appealing.
But over time it has become more about the people. In spite of ups and downs, some real friendships have been made that I do hope last.

Aw, shucks. :)

Romulus

Romulus

Because I'm a huge AVP fan. This site, by far, is the biggest and most notable of any AVP community. I felt I had to join it.

CavatinaTheXeno

CavatinaTheXeno

Why did I join well....I'm huge Alien fan got a few Alien action figures and growing! ;) ps (Few preadtors aswell) got all the Alien moves plus all of the Alien omnibus series.

Now is the Avp Omnibus series.

That checks out.

i joined for the AVP game, i stayed for Predators, and i stayed more because i really like the place, and everyone here, and the pace of things. these are things i didn't like about Gateworld, especially after SGA was cancelled.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed