Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 792,174 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 03, 2017, 09:05:41 AM
Plus, fixing the cameras would've involved going where the Alien was.

Plus, they weren't going to do anymore work until they got the bonus situation sorted out.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 03, 2017, 03:03:09 PM
So the Sulaco would of found the egg itself?
Company orders to ignore the scan results?

Bishop!

stephen

stephen

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 03, 2017, 02:52:54 AM
If anything, it clarifies an extremely cloudy scene a tad better. Certainly better than nothing.

I don't think so - the image we see of the egg doesn't seem to agree with the blu ray menu's supposed location of the egg in the dropship.

Not only that but others have said that Ripley probably would have checked the dropship landing gear at least visually.  While we don't see this actually happen, we can surmise that is probably an action she would have taken.  This is a complete an utter assumption based on the character.

Then you have the issue of "canon".  Is a blu ray menu canon? If it is canon you have to be able to also explain the problems I have raised.

So no, I don't think the blu ray menu clarified anything.

SM

SM

Queen hocked acid onto the hull, burned a hole, put the egg inside, some of the acid dripped next to Bishop's foot, etcetera.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: stephen on Aug 04, 2017, 02:48:52 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 03, 2017, 02:52:54 AM
If anything, it clarifies an extremely cloudy scene a tad better. Certainly better than nothing.

I don't think so - the image we see of the egg doesn't seem to agree with the blu ray menu's supposed location of the egg in the dropship.

Not only that but others have said that Ripley probably would have checked the dropship landing gear at least visually.  While we don't see this actually happen, we can surmise that is probably an action she would have taken.  This is a complete an utter assumption based on the character.

Then you have the issue of "canon".  Is a blu ray menu canon? If it is canon you have to be able to also explain the problems I have raised.

So no, I don't think the blu ray menu clarified anything.
I was just mentioning that at least we have a tiny tiny bit of new info on a possible location of the Queen's missing Easter egg :P

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Aug 04, 2017, 03:02:13 AM
Queen hocked acid onto the hull, burned a hole, put the egg inside, some of the acid dripped next to Bishop's foot, etcetera.

Hull of what?  the dropship?

Egg inside what? the dropship?

QuoteI was just mentioning that at least we have a tiny tiny bit of new info on a possible location of the Queen's missing Easter egg :P

How did it add anything new?

SM

SM

Yes.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Still wouldn't explain Ripley not noticing a big melted hole big enough for an egg to fit inside.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 04, 2017, 08:19:20 AM
Still wouldn't explain Ripley not noticing a big melted hole big enough for an egg to fit inside.

The hole wouldn't need to be big at all.  Eggs grow.

Do you people honestly believe the eggs are full-sized when they come out of the queen?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 04, 2017, 08:44:24 AMDo you people honestly believe the eggs are full-sized when they come out of the queen?

Aliens literally shows us they are.

Plus, even if it was small, an acid-melted hole in a metal dropship would be pretty conspicuous.

Russ840

Russ840

Lol

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 04, 2017, 09:04:08 AM
Quote from: necrotard on Aug 04, 2017, 08:44:24 AMDo you people honestly believe the eggs are full-sized when they come out of the queen?

Plus, even if it was small, an acid-melted hole in a metal dropship would be pretty conspicuous.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 04, 2017, 09:04:08 AM

I mean when they come out of the QUEEN and into the ovipositor.  Aliens shows us a queen attached to a filled ovipositor as well as dozens of other eggs that had already been laid.  You seem to assume that all ingredients for the eggs are swirling about in the ovipositor and the queen's body doesn't contain any of the elements.  I'm assuming the eggs start out small inside her body, then grow inside the ovipositor.

But I suppose since James Cameron didn't explicitly show that with close-ups and a detailed narration, it must be impossible and I must just be reaching again. ::)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 04, 2017, 11:42:55 AMBut I suppose since James Cameron didn't explicitly show that with close-ups and a detailed narration, it must be impossible and I must just be reaching again. ::)

What a strange thing to say.

James Cameron didn't need to show us anything, it was Alien 3 that put an egg on the Sulaco without attempting to explain it. That's why everyone in this thread is reaching.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Reaching grasping yearning

Scorpio

Scorpio

Bishop had about 20 minutes to fly to the derelict, get an egg, fly to the Sulaco, place the egg there then fly back to the Atmosphere Processor.

IMO it was Bishop.  All androids in the Alien saga have a secret agenda (David, Ash, Call).  For all we know, Walter as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed