How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 67,405 times)

Sheriff Eddie Morales

It return to the original films- Aliens and Predator 2.
That will be what will look like AvP 2. 8)

gases

Quote from: gases on Nov 21, 2007, 07:29:16 AM
is the queen face hugger thing canon? How did queen get in aliens?
if not whats the problem with a dominant warrior molting into a queen, makes more sense to me.

can u give me an answer Sil and Robotpo

Clydewyman

Quote from: Dutch Schaefer on Nov 21, 2007, 07:52:12 AM
It return to the original films- Aliens and Predator 2.
That will be what will look like AvP 2. 8)

Precisely.

And I bet the upcoming AVP film will further explore about the origins of the Predators, their homeworld and of course, their very own code of honor.

superunknown

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Nov 21, 2007, 07:43:12 AM
The reasons how AVP-R is going back to the roots I could think of are,

- It features a slimmer, more athletic Predator as seen in the previous 2 Predator movies

- It is back to being a gritty horror-action movie

- Thermal vision is now blue just like in the game and the previous 2 Predator movies (someone mentioned this before)

That's all I could think of.

And they didn't do jack sh-t for the Aliens....

Ballzanya

Quote from: gases on Nov 21, 2007, 07:54:40 AM
if not whats the problem with a dominant warrior molting into a queen, makes more sense to me.

Both alien and Alien 3 had a lone warrior alien and neither even started the process of molting into a queen, although there was no queen present and no hive in either scenario. Sure in alien 3 ripley had a queen in her, but there was a time lapse in which the alien didn't know that. (until it confronted her and killed clemmens..etc.) So during that time it should have been starting the molting process but didn't.
In Alien Resurrection, the queen and all her phases were documented and nothing extraordinary other than laying eggs was noticed or else it would have got their attention. Thus no vomiting phase witnessed/no viable way of reproducing before starting the egg laying process.

In aliens the queen was most likely the result of a warrior alien egg morphing someone to get a queen bearing egg or the result of one of the people they sent back out to the derelict spacecraft being impregnated by a queen embryo. But surely not any molting.

gases

so if you say in alien 3 Ripley had a queen in her that means the queen hugger footage is canon. If not, the embryo in Ripley could have just been a drone? Is the queen hugger canon?
Saying a lone warrior didn't do something doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't eventually happen.

in alien R, how can the queen "vomit" in a hosts mouth when it doesn't have access to them. It's only option is to lay eggs because there is no one to transform. Maybe the moulting is optional? There must have been a period of time before the queen was ready to lay eggs. What would it have done in an emergency to reproduce? anything?

Master

QuoteBoth alien and Alien 3 had a lone warrior alien and neither even started the process of molting into a queen, although there was no queen present and no hive in either scenario. Sure in alien 3 ripley had a queen in her, but there was a time lapse in which the alien didn't know that. (until it confronted her and killed clemmens..etc.) So during that time it should have been starting the molting process but didn't.
In Alien Resurrection, the queen and all her phases were documented and nothing extraordinary other than laying eggs was noticed or else it would have got their attention. Thus no vomiting phase witnessed/no viable way of reproducing before starting the egg laying process.

In aliens the queen was most likely the result of a warrior alien egg morphing someone to get a queen bearing egg or the result of one of the people they sent back out to the derelict spacecraft being impregnated by a queen embryo. But surely not any molting.

The one and only, marvelous, ,marvelous.... Truth.

Ballzanya

Quote from: gases on Nov 21, 2007, 08:07:53 AM
so if you say in alien 3 Ripley had a queen in her that means the queen hugger footage is canon. If not, the embryo in Ripley could have just been a drone? Is the queen hugger canon?
Saying a lone warrior didn't do something doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't eventually happen.

in alien R, how can the queen "vomit" in a hosts mouth when it doesn't have access to them. It's only option is to lay eggs because there is no one to transform. Maybe the moulting is optional? There must have been a period of time before the queen was ready to lay eggs. What would it have done in an emergency to reproduce? anything?

huh? You see the queen chestburster burst out at the end. Even if the queen facehugger were not considered canon, it wouldn't change that. The only difference would be that normal looking facehuggers are capable of producing queen embryos. So we know it was not a drone, just watch the film, she mentions "its an egg-layer, it can create thousands more like the one here"..

If it didn't molt, the emergency means of reproduction would be the egg morphing and that would produce an egg with a facehugger capable of laying a queen.

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Quote from: superunknown on Nov 21, 2007, 07:58:17 AM
Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Nov 21, 2007, 07:43:12 AM
The reasons how AVP-R is going back to the roots I could think of are,

- It features a slimmer, more athletic Predator as seen in the previous 2 Predator movies

- It is back to being a gritty horror-action movie

- Thermal vision is now blue just like in the game and the previous 2 Predator movies (someone mentioned this before)

That's all I could think of.

And they didn't do jack sh-t for the Aliens....

Woah, take it easy there. I forgot to mention about Aliens and I apologize for that. No need to play a f**king shouting match with me.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:01:25 AM

Both alien and Alien 3 had a lone warrior alien and neither even started the process of molting into a queen, although there was no queen present and no hive in either scenario. Sure in alien 3 ripley had a queen in her, but there was a time lapse in which the alien didn't know that. (until it confronted her and killed clemmens..etc.) So during that time it should have been starting the molting process but didn't.

But this is Predalien, not a warrior alien.

Also, the reason they've added all this new stuff is because this is basically a prequel to those early ideas. Alien hasn't happened yet so from a story and continuity standpoint it gives them free reign to run with this new creature and its life cycle.

In the original Salerno draft most of you don't know that the Predalien died on page 3 of that script. It was a regular drone alien that was doing all of these new methods of the reproduction system. Which to me just showed how Salerno had no grasp of what the hell he was doing.   

So to me by changing it to the Predalien it works and doesn't f**k up continuity. Think if it would've been a regular alien doing these things? It wouldn't have made sense.

At least that's where I stand with it.

Ballzanya

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 08:16:22 AM

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:01:25 AM

But this is Predalien, not a warrior alien.

Also, the reason they've added all this new stuff is because this is basically a prequel to those early ideas. Alien hasn't happened yet so from a story and continuity standpoint it gives them free reign to run with this new creature and its life cycle.

In the original Salerno draft most of you don't know that the Predalien died on page 3 of that script. It was a regular drone alien that was doing all of these new methods of the reproduction system. Which to me just showed how Salerno had no grasp of what the hell he was doing.   

So to me by changing it to the Predalien it works and doesn't f**k up continuity. Think if it would've been a regular alien doing these things? It wouldn't have made sense.

At least where I stand with it.

Actually its not a new creature. A predalien is just an alien that came from a predator. The derelict ship from Alien, was there for hundreds if not thousands of years prior to being discovered. The aliens are an old species and there would not be features they'd have during the timeline of avp and avp-r that they would lose by the time the events of alien occurr.
Saying the predalien has predator dna that altered its reproductive cycle is a cop-out as well.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I don't think its a cop out at all. I think a predator dna would change it to some degree.

Look what happened when it came out of dog in Alien 3. It's all interruptive.

Ballzanya

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 08:22:59 AM

I don't think its a cop out at all. I think a predator dna would change it to some degree.

why would it, human dna didn't change the reproductive cycle of the alien in the first two films. The dog that the alien burst from in alien 3 didn't either. So even if the predators reproduced by some strange and bizzare means(which is totally improbable if not impossible), the alien which burst from one should not have the same reproductive method that it does.

SM

SM

QuoteI don't think its a cop out at all. I think a predator dna would change it to some degree.

Look what happened when it came out of dog in Alien 3. It's all interruptive.

Coitus interruptive...

Yes it is a cop out.  Didn't see an Alien ever whipping it's schlong out to reproduce, when they popped out of humans.

QuoteNow, you are saying that the Alien Queen's only duty, is to become full-grown and produce all the offspring from eggs.

Now you're getting it.  That's exactly what a Queen is supposed to do.

Master

All this new method is bull shit, created for teens to say "Wow".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed