How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 67,574 times)

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 02:13:39 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 02:10:38 AM
oh i get it, its fun to play the almighty director and watch the lowly, insignificant fans squirm and writhe as they are tormented by the uneasiness of the could be questionable directions taken in the film. lol.
No one said you have to spill out every detail about everything that is unknown about the film, but some general, minor non-spoilers, that have essentially been theorized anyway, surely won't hurt anyone.

I said it once awhile ago that he enjoys fu<king with us, and people called me crazy, "Why would a director waste time fu<king with us? You're just a hater!" is what I got in response...

It's not "f**king with you."  Being the geeky fanboy myself I loves these endless discussion about stuff that 99% of the people who watch the movie don't care about. It's fun for me to interact with people who have the same level of passion as I do, even if we totally disagree.

echobbase79

This is sounding disgusting.  In a good way of course.

Colin_Strause

Oh well. I gotta get back to work. We are balls deep in the DVD VFX shots now.

superunknown

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 21, 2007, 02:14:17 AM
Quote from: superunknown on Nov 21, 2007, 02:11:22 AM

Egg morphing is creepy and disturbing.  Imagine yourself unable to move and slowly turning into a Alien egg with a facehugger growing inside you.

LOL!

It sounds more like an A: Res idea: trying to look fearsome but comes off funny. This isnt humpty dumpty.

:P

uh this is from the very first Alien film.  It sure as hell is more creative and scarier than Cameron's bug-ified Aliens.

If Ridley Scott ever does Alien 5, he should bring back egg morphing.

echobbase79

thanks colin for shedding some light.

Lionhart

take care Colin.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 02:12:28 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 02:11:38 AM
So there are multiple ways this alien can reproduce.  ;D

Yep.

wait that doesn't make sense, unless it vomits chestburster embryos early on, but makes it to an early egg-laying stage to account for some eggs and facehuggers. So am I mistaken about there being no eggs in the film then?
Also I don't see how it could reach that stage in 2 days if its in some long ass molting process that's completely unprecented.
Please tell me you don't have it egg-morph and vomit chestburster embryos. Only one was needed and if you had to pick one of those, I think most alien fans could settle for the egg-morphing thing, although I 'd have neither if it was up to me.

marrerom

colin, could you comment on the alien's size.

why are they not 8 feet tall?

is it because they were made by this new method of reproduction and thus are weaker and smaller?

Alienseseses

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 02:16:00 AM
Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 02:13:39 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 02:10:38 AM
oh i get it, its fun to play the almighty director and watch the lowly, insignificant fans squirm and writhe as they are tormented by the uneasiness of the could be questionable directions taken in the film. lol.
No one said you have to spill out every detail about everything that is unknown about the film, but some general, minor non-spoilers, that have essentially been theorized anyway, surely won't hurt anyone.

I said it once awhile ago that he enjoys fu<king with us, and people called me crazy, "Why would a director waste time fu<king with us? You're just a hater!" is what I got in response...

It's not "f**king with you."  Being the geeky fanboy myself I loves these endless discussion about stuff that 99% of the people who watch the movie don't care about. It's fun for me to interact with people who have the same level of passion as I do, even if we totally disagree.

Looking at you, Sil.  ;D

SM

SM

QuoteSo that's what it does? I thought the person turned into a facehugger? So you're the egg for the hugger?

Yes.  What happens is you morph into the egg which has the hugger inside.  Whether you're dead (Brett) or alive (Dallas).  Make no difference.

Anomaly

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2007, 02:21:52 AM
QuoteSo you're the egg for the hugger?

Yes. 

The funny thing is before this thread I didnt even know that. Wow.. Superbad: mclovin style.

Gates

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 02:16:00 AM
It's not "f**king with you." 

Just a slang term...I don't mean that you are disrespecting us, just that you get a kick of being in the know but playing with words when it comes to feeding us information... :)

QuoteBeing the geeky fanboy myself I loves these endless discussion about stuff that 99% of the people who watch the movie don't care about. It's fun for me to interact with people who have the same level of passion as I do, even if we totally disagree.

As do I, which is why I'm on this site as much as I am...but you have to agree that your situation is different than ours in that you are one-half of the directorial team behind what most of us are debating about...it gives you an unfair edge wouldn't you say? ;)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 02:13:30 AM
So that's what it does? I thought the person turned into a facehugger? So you're the egg for the hugger?

Yes. You're the yolk for the embryonic facehugger consuming you alive.

And you might even stay alive, in some sort of permanently vegetative state, until it finally hatches.

Imagine being that way for centuries or perhaps even longer... Unable to do anything but exist in agonised torment, knowing that your death will only come as the result of another being impregnated to endure a similar fate to yours.

That was always meant to have been the implied fate of the crew of the derelict.

And as SM says, you're just meat. But if you're alive, who knows how long you truly retain sentience for?

It's concepts like that which take you one step closer towards an adventure through the psyche of one HR Giger.

Anomaly

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 02:25:35 AM
Yes. You're the yolk for the embryonic facehugger consuming you alive.
And you might even stay alive, in some sort of permanently vegetative state, until it finally hatches.

Id love to see some artist concept of this bad idea.  ;D

Please?

Gates

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 02:25:35 AM
It's concepts like that which take you one step closer towards an adventure through the psyche of one HR Giger.

So true...I would really love to just sit down with the man and pick his brain... :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed