How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,726 times)

SiL

This isn't egg morphing. A parasitic organism requires for its host to be alive - The Alien can clearly survive it dying later, yet we've never seen a corpse impregnated.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:40:15 PM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:35:27 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:33:54 PM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:32:21 PM
I am well aware of the sexual overtones to giger's designs, I even mentioned such a thing. But that however doesn't mean the aliens have penises. They are not male or female in any biological way in regards to reproduction, the queen is only a "She" because of the hormones and the fact that she lays eggs. An inner jaw looking like a penis dripping with semen(cringe :-[), does not mean it is one.

I know it doesn't mean it is one, but I don't know if it doesn't mean it isn't one... ;)

wtf? (no not said in sheriff morales voice in case your wondering)

What I'm saying is:

There is no evidence to suggest it is a penis or whatever, but there is no evidence to suggest it isn't.

As SiL said in an earlier thread "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

that's just pure bullshit. Maybe that statement is true at certain times, but its like a lame excuse religious fanatics try to use to dismiss the fact that there is no evidence for god and never was. Same thing for bigfoot, angels..etc.

Its pretty obvious the inner jaw its not a reproductive organ. The only reason it looks like a penis is because H.R. Giger designed the alien. That's it, there's no need to probe any further. (ugghh.. probe..unintended pun..I must apologize for. lol.)

Aeus

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:43:01 PM
I am well aware of the sexual overtones to giger's designs, I even mentioned such a thing. But that however doesn't mean the aliens have penises. They are not male or female in any biological way in regards to reproduction, the queen is only a "She" because of the hormones and the fact that she lays eggs. An inner jaw looking like a penis dripping with semen(cringe :-[), does not mean it is one.

I know it doesn't mean it is one, but I don't know if it doesn't mean it isn't one... ;)

What I'm saying is:

There is no evidence to suggest it is a penis or whatever, but there is no evidence to suggest it isn't.

As SiL said in an earlier thread "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

that's just pure bullshit. Maybe that statement is true at certain times, but its like a lame excuse religious fanatics try to use to dismiss the fact that there is no evidence for god and never was. Same thing for bigfoot, angels..etc.

Its pretty obvious the inner jaw its not a reproductive organ. The only reason it looks like a penis is because H.R. Giger designed the alien. That's it, there's no need to probe any further. (ugghh.. probe..unintended pun..I must apologize for. lol.)

Fair enough. But I still stick by my opinion, which now makes sense seeing as that's the way Chet fires her baby juice down their throats. From her tongue/cock.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:45:27 PM

What I'm saying is:

Fair enough. But I still stick by my opinion, which now makes sense seeing as that's the way Chet fires her baby juice down their throats. From her tongue/cock.

Yeah that seems like it would be the way the predalien does this vomiting thing. But its not been confirmed. I doubt it could ram the inner jaw down the throats of its hosts without killing them, so its most likely going to drool in them or squirt while close to their mouth. If she indeed "fires baby juice" it will look pretty disgusting but not terrifying. Especially if some of that "juice" gets on the hosts mouth as well and drips down.(once again, i apologize for the visuals.lol.)

Aeus

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:49:16 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:45:27 PM

What I'm saying is:

Yeah that seems like it would be the way the predalien does this vomiting thing. But its not been confirmed. I doubt it could ram the inner jaw down the throats of its hosts without killing them, so its most likely going to drool in them or squirt while close to their mouth. If she indeed "fires baby juice" it will look pretty disgusting but not terrifying. Especially if some of that "juice" gets on the hosts mouth as well and drips down.(once again, i apologize for the visuals.lol.)

Facehuggs with the mandibles and a slides the tongue down the throat.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I think it facehuggs to with the mandibles and then regurgitates maybe more than one embryo into the host. I mean what's up with the nest of bursters? Anybody ever come out with any ideas for that?

But don't know. It will interesting to finally see.

Knuckles

Knuckles

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:08:07 AM
Only movies are cannon. It's cool to pull ideas from comics and books but films are the end-all-be-all.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but AvP:R is not canon, and that's a fact.

We know that you just want to destroy and humiliate the Aliens turning them as weak and tiny monsters, but in the original movies these "new type" of tiny Aliens never existed.

That alone just proves how AvP:R is not canon.

In fact it even contradicts the first AvP, where the Aliens were alot bigger.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 10:15:47 PM
I think it facehuggs to with the mandibles and then regurgitates maybe more than one embryo into the host. I mean what's up with the nest of bursters? Anybody ever come out with any ideas for that?

Yeah, sure. A number of them sort of getting together for protection. Don't know why it needs to be any more complicated than that. :)

Lambert might have still been alive. Ripley never checked for a beating heart or anything. She could have just presumed that her posture and obvious injuries, next to a very obviously dead Parker, must have meant that she was dead.

SM

SM

Ripley would not have left Lambert if there was a chance she was alive.

Whatever the Alien did to her, what Ripley saw indicated Lambert was obviously dead.

echobbase79

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 22, 2007, 12:49:11 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 10:15:47 PM

Yeah, sure. A number of them sort of getting together for protection. Don't know why it needs to be any more complicated than that. :)

Lambert might have still been alive. Ripley never checked for a beating heart or anything. She could have just presumed that her posture and obvious injuries, next to a very obviously dead Parker, must have meant that she was dead.

True, but speculation is fun. :)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2007, 12:56:31 AM

Whatever the Alien did to her, what Ripley saw indicated Lambert was obviously dead.

There are plenty of instances where somebody can look f**ked up and, if unconscious, could be presumed dead, even though they are alive. Especially if right next to someone who is obviously dead.

We don't know what Ripley saw and so this is always going to be open to interpretation.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 22, 2007, 01:43:00 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2007, 12:56:31 AM

There are plenty of instances where somebody can look f**ked up and, if unconscious, could be presumed dead, even though they are alive. Especially if right next to someone who is obviously dead.

We don't know what Ripley saw and so this is always going to be open to interpretation.

However I think it was clear and intended in the script that she was killed. For all we know, she could have been hanging impaled on some kind of hook or chain.etc, and thus she'd be dead and useless in terms of any kind of impregnation even if she wasn't dead yet.

echobbase79

But why would she just leave her there like someone else said? The reason to me they don't show it is because the filmmakers wanted to hide what the alien did to her.

But I agree, interpretation is welcome in my court. Especially when it comes to the new Predalien lifecyle.

Gates

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 22, 2007, 01:48:47 AM
But why would she just leave her there like someone else said? The reason to me they don't show it is because the filmmakers wanted to hide what the alien did to her.

But I agree, interpretation is welcome in my court.

You scored points here...

QuoteEspecially when it comes to the new Predalien lifecyle.

Then lost them all here... ;D

echobbase79

Hehehehe!  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed