Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 970,997 times)

Nightlord

Vertigo

Vertigo

Dawn of War's awesome. Spent an ungodly number of hours filling the middle of Valley of Khorne with troops (having modded out the population caps) and inching them gradually forward into the enemy base. Good times...

I'm between PCs at the moment (my shiny new i7 3820, 16gb quad-channel DDR3, overclocked 670 GTX, hopefully near-silent monster will be arriving tomorrow!), so have been messing around on the dusty Xbox for the past couple of weeks in Fight Night Champion and Rock Band 3. Quick thoughts on them..

-Fight Night: I loved Round 3 back when the 360 was young and hot like 1995 Jennifer Anniston; tactical, involving, reasonably authentic and very meaty gameplay. Picked up Champion recently and am not so impressed... the controls feel less naturalistic and tactical, and the fights often feel disconnected and unfair. And as with R3, there's still a major problem with the training mini-games being an annoyance. However, it's still tactical enough to make a great game, and I love that you can tailor so many settings to fine-tune the way the boxers fight. Round 3 remains my favourite of the series, but I had some fun (and lots of frustration) in Champion.

-Rock Band: I'm glad they finally made some concessions to interface navigation with RB3, as you can give each song a rating and apply lots of sorting filters for choosing your playlist. But the campaign mode is still worthless, you still don't have any control over what kind of players you match with online, having bandmates below Expert difficulty still prevents you getting a gold-star rating, the song lineup still isn't quite as likeable as RB1's despite being so much longer, and there's a lingering sense that the series has gone totally stale. Having grinded up to Expert skill on Bass and just about capable of it on Guitar, the game now feels thoroughly played-out to me.
Still, a lot of my favourite songs in Rock Band just don't quite have the same atmosphere when they're not accompanied by the crushing of varyingly coloured blocks.

Prime113

Prime113

Gears of War 2 with my pops.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Feb 04, 2013, 05:47:33 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 03, 2013, 10:02:30 PM
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

This game is pretty fun and can be terrifying at times. ShadowPred, that link you provided ended up helping me. I just needed to update my drivers.
Having him with me definitively helps.

Spoiler
BARRELS!!!!!!
[close]
f**king barrels...

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 04, 2013, 07:04:22 AM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Feb 04, 2013, 05:47:33 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 03, 2013, 10:02:30 PM
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

This game is pretty fun and can be terrifying at times. ShadowPred, that link you provided ended up helping me. I just needed to update my drivers.

Spoiler
BARRELS!!!!!!
[close]

Spoiler
STEPHANO!!!!!
[close]

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Dark Souls

Oh gawds, it's kicking the shit out of my dick but I love it. MOAR! 8)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

FarCry 3

fun game. Although I hate all of Jason Brody's douchenugget friends..kinda wish I'd left them to be sold/killed/raped and just dicked around on the island.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Dead Space 3. Fun so far but this PC port wasn't taken as seriously as it should've been.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Far Cry 3

Prime113

Prime113

Rainbow Six: Vegas with mah man coolbreeze.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Dead space 3 and oh my god the missions are soooo tedious, it's just like the first one. You fix something and then something else breaks and now you gotta fix that and so on, so annoying. Other than that game is pretty solid I'd give it a 7.5.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

DmC

Giving Dark Souls a break cause I want to finish this first.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Finished Legacy of Kain: Defiance last night. Feels good to have gone through the series. My favorite games ever. Except Blood Omen 2. That game's poop.

MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf

Far Cry 3

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Mass Effect 3. First console playthrough, as my other two had been on PC.

Also my first playthrough with the DLC. Not counting From Ashes, since I had it in my PC playthroughs too.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Army of Two: The 40th Day

I've managed to beat this on the hardest level several different times. I mean, either I need to go play the first game again, or wait till March for The Devil's Cartel..

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

A bit of R.U.S.E.

Britain (me) and Britain vs. Germany and Germany (4 vs 4) in England. 1945 setting.

Basically I set up a force of Guards Infantry, Sherman Firefly's (anti-tank tank), Churchills (heavy tank),  Cromwells (medium tanks) and Canadian Skinks (armoured mobile anti air) as well as some armoured recon and Canadian Saxons (mobile artillery).

Down over at the coast the Germans were setting up while my companion for the majority of the game focused on being an air force (Spitfire fighters, Typhoon fighter bombers, Lancaster bombers, aerial recon).

While I sacrificed some troops to defend my companion I worked to send the bulk of my force to flank through towns and forests but soon it became apparent the Germans were going for a killing blow. As those Panzers and Tigers rolled across the open ground in the middle I sent my armoured force to stop them. The Churchills had poor guns for heavy guns but great armour so they acted as a shield wall while the Sherman Firefly tanks behind firing the deadly shots that even scare Tigers. I used the Cromwell medium tanks as skirmishers/infantry support. The Germans sent a massive force of Stuka dive bombers throughout the game but the Canadian Skinks saved the day (best quality anti air in the game I think) and sent those Stukas crashing into the earth (my air force buddy wasn't very helpful). When I finally stopped them and just approached with my armoured force right up to the Germans front door I brought up the Canadian Saxons (mobile artillery) to blast the German base (especially the airfields) while a large force of Guards infantry and their medium tank support traveled through towns and forest to flank the Germans.

When my forces attacked the German army and base all at the same time my infantry captured two primary H.Q's, near by supply depots, barracks, and some tank and artillery producing bases plus a fresh airfield. The Germans were driven off the shores of England by a strong armoured force while the Canadian Skinks had finished off anything in the skies. The Germans suffered heavily while my own forces suffered less loses... no thanks to my companion... I should of had command of a full force instead of half a force if my companion was going to be that "lazy".

I had two Matildas that actually got some action, a British heavy tank dubbed "The Queen of the Desert". The twins crushed some Panzer III's and a Panzer IV attempting to flank and mowed down lots of German infantry. Two Tigers were moving to take them out but they didn't see the rocket launcher wielding infantry hiding in the woods.

"There'll always be an England."

No matter what army is being commanded, Crazy Rich can be depended on to get the job done. I enjoy the U.S, British Empire, and Germany (the Transitional Battalion).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed