Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 972,162 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Trying to get the fourth Boss Cell in Dead Cells and it's s b*tch  >:(

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm continuing my sporadic Mass Effect renegade & brutal playthrough with 3.

No doubt the first two were hard on brutal but they at least felt fair with it. This one's just a bit of a prick. Most of the difficulty comes from being constantly spammed with insta-kill grenades, and when you factor in how quickly you die from everything else being thrown at you, it means if you're at anything other than full health when one lands next to you, moving to get away is typically as deadly as staying put.

It's a shame it's so frustrating, because I'm finding that it's easily the most interesting in terms of what changes between the paragon and renegade paths. For instance,
Spoiler
Mordin actually survives if you're a renegade!
[close]

Darkness

Darkness

I did start Cyberpunk 2077 but gave up after a few hours. I'm not a fan of cyberpunk at all.

Started Horizon Forbidden West.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing the original Quake and discovering its great NIN soundtrack for the first time.
I have played all the other Quakes except this one.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wweyland on May 02, 2023, 07:17:57 PMPlaying the original Quake and discovering its great NIN soundtrack for the first time.
I have played all the other Quakes except this one.

Did the same recently, although twice at least as much quake II. Came here to say I'm onto zDooM now.

Stitch

Stitch

Resident Evil 5

Fancied playing through after finishing the RE4 remake to see how much it needed an update. I'm kinda torn. Gameplay-wise it could do with a tuneup, but it's not horribly dated and is easy to get used to. Ship section is still annoying, though.

Edit:
Finished it now. Forgot how horrible the last level is. I don't think I've ever actually finished RE5 solo before, and the last level is clearly designed for two players. Playing solo is just awful. Way too hard because the AI can't compensate for a real person. If it gets a remake, they really need to either change the gameplay requirements, or fix the AI. 29 deaths says it all, when I think the most I had on any other level is 3.

A shame, because I was mostly having fun with it up until the last bit.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Just started Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. Classis.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Half-Life

Yeah I suck at this game. Stop sliding off platforms, Gordon!  >:(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 10, 2023, 07:49:34 PMHalf-Life

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 10, 2023, 07:49:34 PMHalf-Life

One of the first things I'm going to do when I finally replace my ancient, barely functional laptop is play the finished version of the Black Mesa remake.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I finally played through all of Half-Life a year or so back. I never played it when it first came out, and I think without those rose tinted glasses it wasn't that impressive. I wish I'd have experienced it when it made an impact.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Final DooM/The Plutonia Experiment, map 11 "Hunted"

This f**king level is why I sometimes go by △ r c h ▽ i l e or use it as custom text. It's a literal maze, filled with only Archviles - for those who don't know, the toughest non-boss enemy in Doom 2 and Final Doom, which in addition to a powerful ranged attack, can resurrect fallen enemies, including other Archviles. There's no health until the end, and the end has two exits, one of which is a trap.

Good timing and the super shotgun finally got me through it though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Sounds a giant troll map.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 12, 2023, 08:53:15 PMSounds a giant troll map.

That's every classic Doom map though.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Done with revisiting Aliens Fireteam Elite, good thing Aliens Dark Descent comes out exactly a month from now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed