Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 953,441 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 09, 2019, 12:18:40 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 06, 2019, 03:39:18 AM
The Swarm appears to be making more. This new Cog generation needs to try harder.
It's not the swarm that are the problem at the moment. It's the servers...  >:(

The swarm could have made a better job than the Coalition. They sure appear to be better organized. Heck I already had enough problems with this game for the whole year.

First I couldn't download, I'm on PC and turns out the Xbox Game Pass app was causing that, so I had to uninstall that, then managed to download from the store. I went to play and noticed the game didn't had the option to change language anymore, despite that being present on the Tech Test, so since I hate Gears dubbed on portuguese, it took a while to find out how to make it on english by editing some stuff on the game's file.

The game then got stuck on the campaign loading screen, after restarting my PC it finally worked. I played until the end of the first act just fine, then it started to crash on the last cutscene, over and over. That was fixed by updating my drivers. But turns out the game is with issues to count collectibles so I lost some stuff due to the crashes. I just finished act 2 and the campaign have been going well without issues, and I am quite enjoying the direction they have taken so far on the characters and the gameplay, and I'm ok with the reveal of the origins of the Locust, better than the fan theory that had been accepted over the years as canon.

I haven't played much from the multiplayer yet, but I have been on the Gears forums so I seen a couple dozen angry threads over the last days.  ;D

Now apart from disconnection mid matches, the stats aren't being updated so we can't get xp/medals/whatever. I feel for those that have been playing horde. Funny that I didn't experience any of this during the Tech Test, which was suppose to prevent stuff like this from making its way into the final game. Oh well.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 08, 2019, 02:14:54 PM
Currently playing the new Blair Witch game on Xbone, and Hong Kong Massacre on PC.

How's Blair Witch?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 09, 2019, 01:42:00 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Sep 09, 2019, 12:18:40 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 06, 2019, 03:39:18 AM
The Swarm appears to be making more. This new Cog generation needs to try harder.
It's not the swarm that are the problem at the moment. It's the servers...  >:(

The swarm could have made a better job than the Coalition. They sure appear to be better organized. Heck I already had enough problems with this game for the whole year.

First I couldn't download, I'm on PC and turns out the Xbox Game Pass app was causing that, so I had to uninstall that, then managed to download from the store. I went to play and noticed the game didn't had the option to change language anymore, despite that being present on the Tech Test, so since I hate Gears dubbed on portuguese, it took a while to find out how to make it on english by editing some stuff on the game's file.

The game then got stuck on the campaign loading screen, after restarting my PC it finally worked. I played until the end of the first act just fine, then it started to crash on the last cutscene, over and over. That was fixed by updating my drivers. But turns out the game is with issues to count collectibles so I lost some stuff due to the crashes. I just finished act 2 and the campaign have been going well without issues, and I am quite enjoying the direction they have taken so far on the characters and the gameplay, and I'm ok with the reveal of the origins of the Locust, better than the fan theory that had been accepted over the years as canon.

I haven't played much from the multiplayer yet, but I have been on the Gears forums so I seen a couple dozen angry threads over the last days.  ;D

Now apart from disconnection mid matches, the stats aren't being updated so we can't get xp/medals/whatever. I feel for those that have been playing horde. Funny that I didn't experience any of this during the Tech Test, which was suppose to prevent stuff like this from making its way into the final game. Oh well.
I got stuck on Act 2 Chapter 4. For 4 hours. 4 hours. Game wouldn't save, so then it glitched out and I couldn't continue and had to hard reset. This happened every time. For 4 hours. Dammit.

I'm now way past that bit and having lots of fun, because I've disconnected my Xbox from the internet, and that fixed the glitch. I can't play multiplayer but at least I'll be able to get through campaign.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 09, 2019, 03:24:46 AM
Currently playing the new Blair Witch game on Xbone, and Hong Kong Massacre on PC.

How's Blair Witch?

Wait a minute. There is a new Blair Witch game? I have good memories playing the first game called "The Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr". It was like a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer/X Files" kind of setting, which make me to believe in a big world surrounding the Blair Witch, waiting to be explored.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 09, 2019, 04:30:59 AM

How's Blair Witch?

Wait a minute. There is a new Blair Witch game? I have good memories playing the first game called "The Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr". It was like a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer/X Files" kind of setting, which make me to believe in a big world surrounding the Blair Witch, waiting to be explored.
Umm I had no idea of this but it sounds kinda fun!

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Gears of War.  I forgot how amazing this game is

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

How's Blair Witch?
It's pretty neat so far, it conveys the sense of being lost in the woods very effectively and I generally like to think I've got pretty good spatial awareness and sense of geometry in videogames. You have a dog that helps you, and the dog's AI is pretty believable as a dog - i.e., he follows commands 95% of the time but kinda gets over-eager or doesn't listen every once in a while and does his own thing; you know, like a dog. It can lead to some tense moments because you really need him to warn you of dangers and things like that, and he's *just* unreliable enough to keep the tension up but not so unreliable that he gets you killed constantly or he feels frustratingly nonresponsive.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled while I wait on the Red Dead Online patch to install. And yes, I have Spyro from the Grand Prix, he's my boy and I love him.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As part of the stag do over the weekend we broke out a ton of classic games - Halo, GoldenEye 007, F-Zero X, PES, Mario Kart 64, Star Wars: Episode I Pod Pacer, TimeSplitters 2... (I've always rated it as one of my favourite ever games, but damn I'd forgotten just how good TS2 was. Digging out my PS2 as we speak so I can have another play through it.

Someone remaster it please.)

The Old One

The Old One

LOTR The Two Towers and LOTR The Return of the King.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 21, 2019, 09:09:35 PM
LOTR The Two Towers and LOTR The Return of the King.

The old ps2 games? I replayed them a few years ago. Great fun and nostalgia.

Stitch

Stitch

I'm still playing Gears 5. Working my way through the Tour of Duty grind.

I was also playing through the campaign on the original Gears of War for PC. Until last night. I closed it down normally, and the new time I loaded it up it said I had no save. Turns out this was a common fault back when it was released. I was at the end of the 4th act. Not impressed.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 21, 2019, 11:03:38 PM

Oh the Tour of Grind. I'm at Officer III. Its not as crazy as Seriously 3.0 but I would have prefered to unlock stuff just by leveling up whenever I can instead of through time limited events.

I was also playing through the campaign on the original Gears of War for PC. Until last night. I closed it down normally, and the new time I loaded it up it said I had no save. Turns out this was a common fault back when it was released. I was at the end of the 4th act. Not impressed.

You mean not the Ultimate Version? Oh the first one on the PC was a mess, also how I got to know the Gears series thus making me buy a xbox360 to play the sequels. Apart from losing some saves, I had trouble to launch it since the beggining, for some reason changing the year date on the computer made it work. I tried to reinstall it a few days ago but the disc is not responding anymore.

The extra chapters on Act V and the Brumak boss fight were quite fun.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 21, 2019, 11:11:55 PM

Oh the Tour of Grind. I'm at Officer III. Its not as crazy as Seriously 3.0 but I would have prefered to unlock stuff just by leveling up whenever I can instead of through time limited events.

You mean not the Ultimate Version? Oh the first one on the PC was a mess, also how I got to know the Gears series thus making me buy a xbox360 to play the sequels. Apart from losing some saves, I had trouble to launch it since the beggining, for some reason changing the year date on the computer made it work. I tried to reinstall it a few days ago but the disc is not responding anymore.

The extra chapters on Act V and the Brumak boss fight were quite fun.
Yes, and yes! Just hit Lieutenant on the ToD, and I've sorta given up on Gears 1 PC. I can start from the new chapters if I want, and only miss out on about 10 minutes of gameplay, but I don't know if I can be bothered. It never messed up when I first played it 12 years ago, but I guess I should stick to UE now.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Blasphemous

Pretty neat so far

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed