Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 972,263 times)

Sabby

Sabby

Thanks. Honestly, I hate vanilla Doom 3. Your mod really saved it for me.

Vertigo

Vertigo

*Does the happy dance.*  ;D

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 22, 2016, 10:37:44 AM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 21, 2016, 07:07:25 PMis the BFG version worth it?

I mostly got it because it's the version available on consoles; I haven't had a gaming PC since my university days, I'm a console kid through and through nowadays.

If you already have DOOM 3 it's probably not worth it, as you can get the first two games elsewhere, but if not it's definitely worth picking up.
Last time I played Doom 3 was 6 years ago and I have completely forgot how the game is.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Dark Souls 3

Randomizer

Randomizer

Finished The Darkness II. Oh boy did I love this game. The comic book style never seems to age that much.

Linear at first and handholding, the campaign is short, about 6-7 hours long. However, the story makes up for it entirely and there's also a secondary campaign which compensates for gameplay. None of the bosses seemed unfair in terms of difficulty, but sadly there's little replay value unless you're going for the achievements.

Spoiler

Halo 3 with Halo 5 reveal. There, spoiled the ending.

Fans will get it.
[close]

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 17, 2016, 06:49:57 PM
Finished The Darkness II. Oh boy did I love this game. The comic book style never seems to age that much.

Linear at first and handholding, the campaign is short, about 6-7 hours long. However, the story makes up for it entirely and there's also a secondary campaign which compensates for gameplay. None of the bosses seemed unfair in terms of difficulty, but sadly there's little replay value unless you're going for the achievements.

Spoiler

Halo 3 with Halo 5 reveal. There, spoiled the ending.

Fans will get it.
[close]
The Darkness 2 was such a brilliant game. I thoroughly loved it, both story and gameplay. My mind is a bit fuzzy on it because it's been so long since I played it, but I loved how fluid it felt; shooting down guys while ripping them apart with the two snakes. You could also use the snakes to throw or grab objects. It was glorious fun. Game is definitely too short though, but sweet while it lasts.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I love how even though you can't control both demon arms at once, it's just not bothering me. The way I see it Jackie hates multitasking.  :laugh:

Currently deciding over whether or not I should give it another go on the "New Game+" setting, to collect remaining relics (9 left) and such. I'm afraid I'll get bored midway and not have the patience to finish (playing on highest difficulty, some sections might get tedious).

Have you read the comics?

PsyKore

PsyKore

Nah, never read the comics. I heard they're pretty good though.

It's a shame the Darkness became sort of forgotten about over time; I would love them to make a Darkness 3 more than anything right about now.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I know. It's somewhat like a Half-Life 3.  :laugh:

If you're interested go for the 4 "Origins" volumes. The limited edition I've got was on sale for cheap (estimate ~2.05$, different currency here) and also included the first two volumes, among other things. The rest I've got through some other, unconventional means.  :-[ No idea about the others, but these are pretty much what is needed as "extra backstory material". All the remaining Darkness comics seem to range some other way. They'll probably either make you love the story more or consider it cheap (taken apart on a basic overview, that is).

Quite a while ago I've completed my second playthrough of The Darkness II and 100'ed everything. Needless to say, only now did I realize how short the game was. There was this one relic right as you enter the final level which spoils everything moments away from happening.

--------------------------------------------

Along with this I've also tried MINERVA: Metastasis (Half-Life 2: Episode One mod). Took me about 3 hours to complete (hardest difficulty), which is moderate length for mods. It was amazing though. The Stalkers can be interacted to a bigger extent than what was shown in the original game.

Spoiler

There is this one skybox in the game with a red-tinted clouds at the top, signaling the Combine superportal opened by the Citadel. In the mod though it is used to signal an orbital strike. Clever use of skyboxes, what can I say?

[close]

Now I've just started Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The interface seems a bit more confusing/lacking than the first, but I hope I will get used to that. Story wise it has not proven amazing but manages to keep my attention. The combat is much more improved although it is obvious it's not one of the main aspects of the game.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 27, 2016, 07:47:31 AMAlong with this I've also tried MINERVA: Metastasis (Half-Life 2: Episode One mod).

That's amazing. So well made and thought-out. One of the most satisfying mods I've ever played.

It's apparently a pseudo-sequel to a mod the guy made for the original Half-Life, but I've never tried that out.

Randomizer

Randomizer

No idea either, but I did a quick search for "half-life mod prequel for MINERVA" and this came up. Apparently I've already played it.  :-X

http://www.moddb.com/mods/someplace-else

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That's the one.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

The new Vulkan API is out for DOOM!

Starting the game from the beginning.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Doom 2016!

Randomizer

Randomizer

I'm at the last level of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, just after the penultimate boss fight. Tremendous fun, but for the love of god I can't have one specific playstyle. I usually just kill with whatever I have handy, a mix of stealth with non-lethal and lethal approach. If you played Splinter Cell: Blacklist then you should know what "Panther" stands for.

Afterwards I'll be dying to replay Doom 3 and actually finish it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed