Alien Fan Whining...not entirely unwarranted

Started by happypred, Nov 10, 2007, 01:42:32 AM

Author
Alien Fan Whining...not entirely unwarranted (Read 8,261 times)

ShadowPred

That is why the general audience is retarded.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

What's to whine about..its not like we'll see wolf kill 20-25 Aliens single handedly and only have trouble with the predalien.  ::)

From just the trailers we know he kills a bunch, and the store-showdown clip as well. If someone isn't too lazy they can go back and count the different ones. (And those are just the ones we know about)

I think killing like 10-12 and then the predalien, and having the military, humans and the nuke they drop kill the rest would be more reasonable. But it seems like he's cleaning house so to speak.

anyway the body count of aliens killed by wolf is currently known to be:

1- store showdown clip- decapitated by the whip
2- store showdown clip- shot by hand-held plasma caster (the one on top of dale)
3- store showdown clip- shoulder cannon blast (the one that damages his other shoulder cannon)
4- store showdown clip- presumed kill of alien, as wolf survives to the end.
5-  same deal as number 4
6- red band trailer- presumed kill of alien in sewer
7- same deal as number 6
8- red band trailer- alien killed by whip on rooftop scene.
9- red band trailer- decap of alien in the hive
10- same deal as number 9 (at first i thought it might be the one from the store showdown, but it proved otherwise looking at it again.)
11- red band trailer- presumed kill of alien which falls down elevator shaft with him(unless its actually the predalien in that scene)
12- interview info- an alien is killed via the blue liquid wolf carries in order to elliminate evidence of their existence.
13- comic con gathered info- alien which attempts to protect the predalien.
14- the predalien of course.

(i will edit this to keep it updated. lol.)

Major Alan Schaefer

The auidence goes to be scared/entertianed and some go hopeing for a good movie...me i mix my wants i want all that and i genreally want to see the creatures.

KARHAN

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 10, 2007, 08:47:29 PM

thats an insult to people who actually have lives and dont spend the whole day on this forum :P ::) :-\

Major Alan Schaefer

I'd say confirmed at about five

Ballzanya

Quote from: karhan on Nov 10, 2007, 08:50:20 PM

thats an insult to people who actually have lives and dont spend the whole day on this forum :P ::) :-\

what? blasphemy! Having a life, a girlfriend and spending time outdoors in the presence of natural light. What heathen would dare call themself an Alien or predator fan and sink to such a low.

OneThousandEyes

OneThousandEyes

You, me, this forum, everyone is retarded.

Why?

We can't all be fans of everything we appreciate. I'm likely going to see the new Star Trek movie next christmas. However, I'm not a fan of Star Trek, so don't care for the strict timeline, the continuity, the mumbo jumbo or who plays captain Kirk. I just want to see spaceships in space, as well as weird aliens and one-liners.

And that makes me guilty of retardation, in much the same way that non-hardcore moviegoers do when they see AvP: R.

nukem11

Who's really gonna give a shit about a predator having a name. Funny enough the general audience just wonna see a good film and not have to be so picky about things.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

I'm in the middle, because I like both creatures equally, but for this movie to work(one predator playin cleaner), he'd have to be more than a match for alien warriors.

Dusk

I don't really see what the big deal is with what the bros said. Of course you're not supposed to root for the Aliens. Why would you root for something that gets born by punching through your chest and has the potential to eradicate your entire race? That said, even if we're not supposed to root for them, they should still be portrayed as tough and deadly creatures, even when facing Wolf.

nukem11

nukem11

How else would the predator kill the aliens with all his weapons I mean what's the point of him having them if they aren't useful in killing the aliens. If he went fist to fist with them it would be a much harder challenge for him hence AVP when they got owned but then hes experienced to tackle them more.

KARHAN

Quote from: OneThousandEyes on Nov 10, 2007, 08:55:29 PM

You, me, this forum, everyone is retarded.

Why?

We can't all be fans of everything we appreciate. I'm likely going to see the new Star Trek movie next christmas. However, I'm not a fan of Star Trek, so don't care for the strict timeline, the continuity, the mumbo jumbo or who plays captain Kirk. I just want to see spaceships in space, as well as weird aliens and one-liners.

thats how i see things asswel i just want to see some nice action and i dont really care about all the little things in AVP-R like; that the blue liquid cant neutrolize alien acid because the alien isnt made entirly made of acid :-\ F*CK IT, you are not going to a movie to nitpck and see if it is scientifficly correct ::) and all that crap, and about the aliens not moving when being attacked you may be suprised when you see the actual movie :-\

nukem11

Found another pic.

happypred

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 10, 2007, 07:56:43 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/artwork/davedorman/davedorman04.jpg
This pic says it all really and this was before the avp films were made. Its just a simple fact that the predators owns unless hes completly surrounded.

For all we know, that pic might show the predator right before he gets dog-piled and destroyed

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 10, 2007, 08:16:42 PM
We will in due time, if they manage to suck more than the one's in AVP
I think AvP1 had okay actors...

Quote from: SiL on Nov 10, 2007, 08:22:48 PM
I know, I know. But the problem is, not every Pred fan is smart enough to realise that.

I'd say 50/50...plenty of pred fans know that for the AvP dynamic to work, aliens have to be a dangerous, perhaps the most dangerous, prey

Quote from: SiL on Nov 10, 2007, 08:37:22 PM
What everyone seems to fail to realise, despite constant repetitious repetition, is that it's not that the Aliens die. They have to die. And because there's only one Predator, he has to kill them.

Well, I'm a pred fan and I've said this before:  the discontent is mainly over how they are portrayed and the way they kill each other
predator fans don't want predators portrayed as fat joggers

alien fans don't want aliens depicted as flailing retards

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 10, 2007, 08:46:08 PM
from an alien point of view there might as well have one alien against one pred. But could that work for a whole film. Would a predator have trouble killing one alien????

In all honesty this might make for a good movie but you'd be messing with the established dynamic between the two species. If one predator can't handle a single alien, they've failed as hunters. I know many alien fans think that a balanced relationship would best be embodied in a 1:1 body count ratio. I'd argue that even a 2:1 ratio favoring the predators is watering down the predators. Aliens are about natural weaponry, teeth claw, acid blood, exoskeleton etc. but their greatest advantage is in their numbers and ability to mass reproduce quickly at the expense of their hosts. Predators aren't as numerous but each one of them can take out multiple drones. One pred only being able to take out a single alien is unfair to the pred. 1 pred taking out 20 aliens is obviously unfair to the aliens. 1 pred should be able to take out 3 to 5, and obviously not all at once with his bare hands ::)

nukem11

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 10, 2007, 08:46:08 PM
The hardest thing any director that takes over is to get the right balance because from an alien point of view there might as well have one alien against one pred. But could that work for a whole film. Would a predator have trouble killing one alien????

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed