The blue liquid

Started by SlappyMCnasty, Nov 07, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Author
The blue liquid (Read 52,023 times)

Cutch

Cutch

Hello all!
Whipping myself into a frenzy getting ready for this movie... I rewatched Predator 2, and noticed an interesting AvP:R connection.
When the Pred from P2 heals himself, he utilizes dry wall over an open flame... ALONG WITH A VIAL OF BLUE LIQUID. When poured on the concoction, it causes the dry wall to flame up bright blue and dissolve into a blue jelly.
Take into consideration the fact that reports of the convention footage mentioned a vial of blue liquid used to dissolve the spacecraft (as well as an attacking xenomorph), and (judging from the YouTube videos) the dissolution of Yautja technology in the AvP:R PSP game the seems to DISSaPPEAR IN A BRIGHT BLUE FLAME.
Coincidence? I think not. Those Strauss Bros... they know what they're doing. I'd bet a copious amount of cash that this is intended to be the same miracle juice used in P2.
~ Cutch

Jango1201

Jango1201

This was brought up once before in another topic right after Comic Con. Some of us speculated that it was the same substance, but obvioulsy the vial of liquid in P2 was less potent than the ones used in AVP-R. It might be a connection or just coincidence.

Cutch

Cutch

Well, what really drove it home for me were the PSP videos, and the way - FOOF! - things just go up in smoke.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

You might be on to something there.  That's funny though, cuz I just watched "Predator 2" the other night myself.  Cheers for "AVP Requiem"!

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

You really should see in some other topics about that blue liquid.
It's really interesting to read about it. ;)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Topics now merged.

WarMachine

WarMachine

I hope the process where it dissolves them is awesome, or sequence rather.
Writhing and bubbling and shit

holdtheline

holdtheline

Quote from: Internecivus Raptus on Nov 19, 2007, 04:25:16 PM
I hope the process where it dissolves them is awesome, or sequence rather.
Writhing and bubbling and shit

Agreed..I hope it's not just a cheesy cgi cop-out, I want to see more. ;)

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Probably designed to react with chemicals that are present in the alien's physiology that allows it to destroy the corpses.

It's unlikely that any form of acid would have an effect on the alien

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Quote from: Kriszilla on Nov 19, 2007, 06:31:43 PM
Probably designed to react with chemicals that are present in the alien's physiology that allows it to destroy the corpses.

I believe that we've already been over this, about ten pages back in this same topic.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Nov 19, 2007, 06:50:41 PM
Quote from: Kriszilla on Nov 19, 2007, 06:31:43 PM

I believe that we've already been over this, about ten pages back in this same topic.
LOL, you be right there. Talk about history repeating itself over and over...

yellow snow predator

What the hell is that blue liquid stuff.

It burns everying. Anyone know what it it?

SiL

SiL

Liquid deus ex machina.

vehtam

vehtam

in p2 city hunter used the blue liquid during the medikit scene. it burned everything (not disolved). Guess every liquid in the predator gear must have ocean blue tint to contrast with it's blood, because it looks cool or something :D

yellow snow predator

i thought it was cool though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed