What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 158,999 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Yes.

Terx2

Terx2

I watched predator when i was 6. And I absolutely loved it. I liked the predators gadgets and weapons and really liked action films back then. When I was 8 I brought a comic book AVP Duel and I read it like a hundred times and I liked that at the end when a predator teams up with a human to take down the Predalien. (showing that heartless bloodthirsty monsters have respect and feelings.)

Taraka

Taraka

lol, I've heard mixed reactions over moms use of Alien.

and yes, I think its because of that I was a total chicken shnit for a long time. (refused to play any games that were even a little bit creepy. I wouldnt even play past the first level of Tomb Raider 1.) Wanna know how long it took me to get through AVP (1997)? I never finished playing any of the campaigns until about 3 years ago.

It wasn't till I met my best friend in middle school where he got me into survival horror games. (I was watching and playing some dark games and movies by then, but noithing that really counts as survival horror.)

But look at me now! I'm striving to go to Japan and learn how to make films in their style, and I've been writing my own And and Predator film where it's all psychological horror and I have every intension to make the film disturbing, but good.

DarkMajesty

DarkMajesty

What made me a fan was seeing the 2nd Alien film for the first time when I was in 8th grade. I was hooked on everything alien since that movie. Then I heard about AVP coming out and that caused me to go and buy all the Alien films, plus the predator movies so I'd know what was going on. My queen chestburster I got for christmas one year was when I knew I was addicted  ;D

genozide

genozide

Born -75. alien 8th passenger out 1979 in the movies. i can't remember exactly when it was in the early 80s but that is when i saw Ridley scotts Alien 1 the eight passenger for the first time thorugh TV and from that time onwards i was more or less intrigued subconsciously or more by the xenomorph and biomechanoidlike entity of the perfect bioweapon and horror monstrosity of the era.

must have bee like 7 or 8 i think. Yeah i saw the movie while up late but i'm bloody glad i did. it intrigued me into hr giger arh+ art books, alien comics and games and movies. most of my allowance in the day went into aliens konami 1990 coin up. the good ole arcade days, eh?

k. but i been a fan one way or the other. one can't help life situations with a lot of things turning up all the time but there's still a facehugger watching over my pc tower.

i really love that other aliens fans are together and can share our interests through a site like this.
-bugga-

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Fate conspired to make me an Alien/Predator fan.

I think it was about 1988-89, I was reading an issue of Detective Comics and there was a page of all the weeks latest comics.  One picture showed Dark Horse's release of "PREDATOR - Based on the hit Schwarzenegger movie!"  The picture of the Predator had me chomping at the bit, so I rushed to the local video shop where my Mum was working at the time, grabbed a copy of Predator on VHS, eagerly watched it and was hooked forever!

The next week, I was at the local library, saw a copy of ALIENS - Book One on the shelf, jaw dropped at the awesome Alien design, took it out, read it, loved it.  Conveniantly enough, ALIENS the movie was playing on ITV that Saturday night.  I was converted immedaitely! lol  Even stranger, the following week ALIEN was showing on Sky Movies.  I didn't have Sky Movies at the time but begged my mate to stay up till 3am to record it on tape for me! lol  I was now an official Alien fan!

Then the following month, the UK ALIENS magazine appeared on my local newsagent shelf, featuring weekly chapters from ALIENS - Book Two, (what would become known as) Predator - Concrete Jungle and Aliens Vs Predator.  Wait a minute...ALIENS VERSUS FREAKING PREDATOR!!!!  A match made in heaven.

So there you have it, fate guided me towards these two fantastic beasts and I've been in there grasp ever since.

xeno killer

xeno killer

I saw ALIEN when i was around 6 yrs old and i never forget jumping out of my seat when the Facehugger came out of the
egg!! The rest is history!! I was a big fan. Still to this day i think Alien is one of the best Sci/Fi horror movies of all time but i also love the other Alien movies and Predator franchise!

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: genozide on May 06, 2011, 08:01:25 PM
must have bee like 7 or 8 i think. Yeah i saw the movie while up late but i'm bloody glad i did. it intrigued me into hr giger arh+ art books, alien comics and games and movies. most of my allowance in the day went into aliens konami 1990 coin up. the good ole arcade days, eh?

The good ole arcade days indeed {sigh}

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Hey Xeno Killer, srry if I took ur name first, looks like we both have good tastes though  ;D, Just watched predator and its just as good as when my dad first showed it to me, when i was like 6

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I loved movies in general from a very young age, I grew up on Star Wars, I loved movies that had sci-fi fantasy elements to them, with Aliens in them. I renember having to nag my mother to watch the Alien movies when they came on tv (Alien and Aliens had been out a few years previous before I was born). When I finally watched the first movie, I shit myself, it scarred the life out of me and I coulnt sleep at night, it was a film that actually made me afraid of the dark and I had to have a night light  :P  :D

Its a film I kept going back too for the thrills, just loved it and I think to this day its the best sci-fi horror movie made. Predator was shortly after if not about the same time, same, Loved it, never scarred me as much as Alien, but still didnt like the gory aspects of it. It was probally the 2nd Predator movie that scared me the most when I was younger.

bov930527

bov930527

Quote from: Space_Dementia on May 19, 2011, 12:20:32 PM
When I finally watched the first movie, I shit myself, it scarred the life out of me and I coulnt sleep at night, it was a film that actually made me afraid of the dark and I had to have a night light  :P  :D

That makes 2 of us m8  :laugh: . Except that it was the second one, "Aliens" that did the trick for me. Saw it for the first time on television when I was 6 and the following three years I was afraid to go in to rooms where the lights was off. So if I wanted to make a sandwich I had to ask my mother to go and turn the lights on in the kitchen before I would go there  :-[

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Now that I think about it, I knew nothing of the Predator movies until after watching AVP.

predxeno

predxeno

A lot of people have never heard of the Predator franchise until after hearing about AVP.

Taraka

Taraka

I think I was lucky. Right after mom showed me Predator when I was a id, the Predator toy were released, and soon after is when I discovered that AVP comic, and then aliens and Predator were being marketed together on tv.

JP9667

JP9667

Really, it was watching avp a couple times. Then I watched aliens and then I was hooked. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed