What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,587 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Weasel on Feb 27, 2008, 04:47:55 AM
Can't really remember. I think it was Aliens that started it. The first game added to the AVP part of it.

Predator must've been pretty significant since you quoted Jesse Ventura in under your avvy :D

Weasel

Weasel

Oh yeah, totally.

Secret Hero

Secret Hero

I become a fan of the Predators because of it's cool movies. I'll explain on how I became a fan. First, I saw Predator and Alien movies in Star Movies when I was still 9 years old (2002), I liked the movies, but never became a fan. But when Paul Anderson made AVP, the movie is good and has more interesting plot. It keeps me more interested than ever. That's how I became a fan of AVP. Until now.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I'm even more of a fan because of this site and the AvP2 game, now. Actually it was this very site that told me that there was a game called AvP2. So I read the AvP2 board and now I own it and it's the best, Alien/Predator game I've ever played. Actually, thinking about it, it is the best game I have ever played in my entire life and I'm only on the Alien level, Surprise.  :D

ravager032

ravager032

AvP, I saw the trailer when I was 12.

Krogo

Krogo

My friends talked about the movies, so I decided to watch Predator.  I loved it.  My friend told me to see Aliens and not Alien because it only has one alien, and I thought that was good.  Then, after seeing those two movies, my mom finally let me see AVP.  That was one of the best movies ever.  Now she says that I might not get to see AVPR though because the Predalien attacks pregnant women.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Krogo on Mar 12, 2008, 06:35:53 PM
My friends talked about the movies, so I decided to watch Predator.  I loved it.  My friend told me to see Aliens and not Alien because it only has one alien, and I thought that was good.  Then, after seeing those two movies, my mom finally let me see AVP.  That was one of the best movies ever.  Now she says that I might not get to see AVPR though because the Predalien attacks pregnant women.

dont worry man, you aint missin out on much...just a couple of money shots for gore hounds.

schwa

schwa

I first saw Alien when I was 5 years old and it scared the hell out of me, and I've been hooked ever since!

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Krogo on Mar 12, 2008, 06:35:53 PM
Don't worry though The Baby's Fate is never shown on screen,Just Chestbursters with CGI Gore

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

i became a fan when i was 6. i remember watching the first alien movie, it gave me nightmares but i couldn't stop watching it. you know its one of those that scares you but you gotta keep watching it.

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

ah, how I became a fan.......well I consider myself a fan since I saw the population trailer from AVP-R   :D But it all began a long time ago before that,when I was around 6 I went to my Parents room and they were watching PREDATOR (since the part when Mac stars shooting at the Predator) and I was amazed at it!, it was like nothing I ever saw til that moment(mostly cartoons), something invisible that killed people (I make it sound as less than it was :P) and when I got to see him in the cleaner kit part(whatever)and then when he took his Bio Mask, I was, like I said, AmAzEd!. The whole movie was something unveliabalbe. It had a really strong impression on me.  some time later(don't know how much) I saw PREDATOR2 again with my dad, again, not completely and it 'AmAzEd!' me even more. then I forgot about them...... :-\.........until I one day, I was twelve and I went to see a movie and there was this really big poster saying: "ALIEN Vs DEPREDADOR"(it's in spanish, im from Peru, a spanish speaking country) and it all came back, I loved the Predator and even thought I never had seen an Alien movie, I somehow knew about him since I was Little(I remember seeing the power loader scene in A L I E N S, but it was the very ending, so I didn't caught my attention that much, even so I tought that the Alien was a freaking amazing creature!) so I saw this movie as an oportunitie to go see a movie with my dad and watch my first Alien movie. I loved the movie when I saw it, I just regret not realizing that the chestburster at the end was a 'Predalien' chestburster. It made an impact on me for the last monthor so(together with no more or less than Freedy vs. Jason) and then I forgot about it :(. I saw the movie(AVP) some times after that and I liked still, but nothing special. so, one dayI was surfing Wikipedia and somehow I found a link to the Wikipedia page about AVP and I readthere was a sequel coming out, and I got exited about it, but the something in the trailer and the 'Store Fight Scene' preview on IGN, triggered somethingin me that made me love the movies, maybe it was just the prescence of greatness in wich it was presented. and got me waiting for several months until christmas. I saw It on oppening day and althought I liked it more than AVP(I didn't liked it that much anymore), I tought that AVP was better. But the Impact It had before seeing it remained and made want to see the originals, I bought PREDATOR and A L I E N and they 'AmAzEd!' me. I got A L I E N S for my birthday and it's the one that I like best. I ordered the NECA figures(the predators still not here :'() and I registered here. I can't find PREDATOR2 anywhere :( and I only find ALIEN3 and Alien:resurrection in the quadrilogy. but im looking forward to see them. and that's the whole story and thanks for reading so far if you had.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Damn, I'm impressed, that's quite detailed. Good on you man!!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I started buying the action figures in kindergarten because I thought they looked cool.  My dad loved the original Alien because it was marketed so vaguely, then when you saw the movie, you went in blind and were smacked in the face with gallons of innovation.  After seeing how obsessed I was with the figures, he let me see Alien while my mom was out of town for a couple of days.

I loved it and I've been a die-hard alien fanatic ever since.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

When I was about 4 or 5 my grandmother show me the first alien and predator movie. Once when I saw the ALIENS movie me and my brother were acting out the movie it was very embarassing but it was fun back then. When I heard the first AVP movie that it was coming out I started writing stories about them and I still writing about them today.

Lyana

Lyana

Well i just don't have a clue what got me interested, hmm let me think. Well for one thing i am a predator fan, hate the Alien. I watched the Alien franchises first when i was small, i'm used to gore me, i just hate it when the facehuggers jump out of the eggs, made me jump too. So when i heard of this Allien vs Predator movie i decided to watch it, at first i wnated the Alien to win, bit then a while later i just clicked, and then i wanted the predator to win. Since then i am a huge fan of the Predator frachises and the predators themselves.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed