Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,360 times)

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 10:36:26 PM
a major complaint from people and fans alike was to little action...

For avp? whoever says that is absolutely nuts imo. You cant follow that up. remember that thread about the fanbase i did lol

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 28, 2007, 10:33:40 PM

Thats an alien three script that never saw the light of day.  Wouldn't take to much from it.

well, the Vincent Ward script might have been the source of the impregnation by regugitation idea that the Strause brothers have decided to go with. I hope he or Fasano or whoever came up with the idea gets a credit for the new movie

Major Alan Schaefer

well all i can say is at least think about how much money it'd cost while they have lots of other things they have to spend it on...if tihs movie can do good and get enough money for a Big Sequal Alien 5 and PRedator 3 chances rise and an AVP with a good budget. lets watch this one enjoy it and agruee but lets try and make it make money

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Then I hope it does very well.
Unfortunately, the populace is now afraid of AVPs. There is an IMDB thread saying "Make this film at the bottom 100" and it has already been rated a few times.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Heres a comparison: people back in the day found Alien 3 boring. Nowadays theyre finding a crap like AVP with tons of aliens and predators to have too much story...

yeah ok  ::)

kommander696

kommander696

In addition to my earlier post.  There is one thing that is puzzling me.  Why is it that when Scar got facehugged in AvP and subsequently died thereafter with thanks to the queens tail spearing him before her demise.  Why did the Alien that was birthed from him in the final scene in AvP have the characteristics of the Predator (IE: its mandibles)?

We see now in AvP-R that Chet looks 70% alien and 30% predator...if this is the case why is it that in the 1st three Alien movies when the facehuggers did their part on the humans did they create a 'normal' looking alien.  Why dont those aliens have human-like characteristics?  Its only until we see the Queen interbreed with Ripley in Alien: Resurrection to create the human-like alien.  Doesnt it seem strange that only due to the Queen having direct involvment in the splicing of DNA structurability with Ripley create the Human-Alien?  Which brings me to my point.  I think that Chet looks Predator is because the facehugger that attacked Scar was infact a queen-bearing embryo planting facehugger which contained the DNA of the Queen, heceforth creating Chet as a Queen Alien with Predator-like characteristics making it a Queen Predalien!  If my theory is correct, then there is no need at all for the slow gestation that takes place when facehuggers attack and 'rape' humans.  Perhaps im not making 100% sense in this post, but im just very curious as to how all of this cross-breading is capable from the Alien race.

Major Alan Schaefer

Hey i think it had enough personally but i heard alot of people say that the creatures didn't fight enough. i love story, i was jsut stating what i heard

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: kommander696 on Oct 28, 2007, 10:43:45 PM
In addition to my earlier post.  There is one thing that is puzzling me.  Why is it that when Scar got facehugged in AvP and subsequently died thereafter with thanks to the queens tail spearing him before her demise.  Why did the Alien that was birthed from him in the final scene in AvP have the characteristics of the Predator (IE: its mandibles)?

We see now in AvP-R that Chet looks 70% alien and 30% predator...if this is the case why is it that in the 1st three Alien movies when the facehuggers did their part on the humans did they create a 'normal' looking alien.  Why dont those aliens have human-like characteristics?  Its only until we see the Queen interbreed with Ripley in Alien: Resurrection to create the human-like alien.  Doesnt it seem strange that only due to the Queen having direct involvment in the splicing of DNA structurability with Ripley create the Human-Alien?  Which brings me to my point.  I think that Chet looks Predator is because the facehugger that attacked Scar was infact a queen-bearing embryo planting facehugger which contained the DNA of the Queen, heceforth creating Chet as a Queen Alien with Predator-like characteristics making it a Queen Predalien!  If my theory is correct, then there is no need at all for the slow gestation that takes place when facehuggers attack and 'rape' humans.  Perhaps im not making 100% sense in this post, but im just very curious as to how all of this cross-breading is capable from the Alien race.

Every Alien that comes out of a host is a hybrid of the base alien dna and whatever host it came out of.  You saw the human characteristics in the the first two movies.  The dog was quadruped, and the alien res aliens were back to humanish.

The predalien probably looks more predatorish to give the audience some way to identify it as the badass alien.  Though they seemed to have went a little two extreme in the design.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 28, 2007, 10:42:28 PM
Then I hope it does very well.
Unfortunately, the populace is now afraid of AVPs. There is an IMDB thread saying "Make this film at the bottom 100" and it has already been rated a few times.

Its becoming critic proof. Thats the last line of existence a film can have. Its rep will be bad, but some people will still go see it.

Anyone remember when Predator and Alien didnt have to use the easy mode for the BO?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Anyone like my theory?

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

So here we are at over 100 posts in this topic let's review shall we.

We have this lame vomiting idea thrown at us , which was not even due to budgetary restrictions or plot necessity but rather because the director's thought it would be "dark and evil". yeah good logic. lol
They claimed that they would maintain continuity and not break canon, yet what we get is not just one bitchslap to the fans who are famililar with the established alien lifecycle/reproductive cycle and lore but two. We get a predalien not born as a queen, molting into one.

Lets review how both are non-canon.

This doesn't make sense, since there never was an established phase in a young queen's lifecycle that allowed it to reproduce. Whoever said it could reproduce without reaching maturity? That doesn't make sense at all. It can't wait a whole 24-48 hrs to reach full maturity as a full grown queen and lay eggs? The last time I checked the aliens are anything but impatient, the eggs can wait there who knows how long before hosts show up and the queen is committed to perpetuating the species and is willing to inconvenience herself or survive at any cost and the length of time is no obstacle.

Also it breaks continuity since the alien in the first film was:

-a lone alien
-seperated from a hive
-with no queen

yet it did not try to vomit in anyone. Lambert was not vomited in by the way, all you noobs out there. She wasn't gurgling as if something was in her mouth, she was breathing heavily and screaming. Its possible she had a heart attack upon what the alien was doing wrapping its tail around her.

In alien 3. same thing. and you cannot argue that there was a queen on the way in ripley, because there was a period of time before the alien knew that and would have instictively assumed it was going to have to molt into a queen and reproduce via the vomiting in the meantime before it was fullgrown. yet it didn't.

Plus nothing in Aliens would lead someone to believe that the infestation started by a warrior alien molting into a queen or that she was running out seeking hosts at one point as opposed to hiding away in the sub-basement of the atmosphere processor while the other aliens did the host grabbing.

In alien resurrection, the queen's entire process from chestburster to full grown queen is witnessed and documented by the scientists aboard the auriga. If she had embryos in her, any internal scans would have revealed that and they would have been intrigued and possibly would have tried to sedate her and extract them for use in cloning or to let them grow into full grown aliens without the need of a host. Sure would save them the trouble of breaking the law and kidnapping live people.
The corruption of human dna from ripley is moot for this argument, since the initial stages all the way up to the regular egg laying phase were typical of any queen.

Also we have the fact that queens are born as chestbursters. No exception to this is seen in any alien film. This would not change even if the queen facehugger itself were regarded as non-canon, you would simply have a normal looking facehugger produce a queen embyro, possibly part of the end cycle of the queen's egg laying phase. She would lay the queen eggs to replace her or go to start new hives.
But molting into one, doesn't make any sense. Its scarcely believable that an alien warrior, although its behavior is mostly instinctual, would begin motling merely because it is seperated from a hive as opposed to trying to get back to it and protect the existing queen. But by the molting theory, you could purposefully isolate one and have it turn into a queen and repeat the process with more alien warriors until there were a ridiculous number of queens. lol
I highly doubt they need that much redundancy in their reproductive cycle. They already have other backups, that molting becomes beyond unecessary.

Space Disc Jockey

Here's my opinion on this new method:

First of all, this regurgitation method makes MUCH more sense, than the egg-morphing idea (which is also neat, but I don't think works for the Alien cycle).

To me, this regurgitation is just an alternative "face-hugger" and an interesting survival method. When the Queen is young and not ready to reproduce the masses of eggs through an egg-sac (and assuming there are no other Alien warriors around, at the time), the Queen will run around and quickly plant hosts with embryos that are probably in much more advanced stages, than face-hugger embryos, thus the embryos that are regurgitated will burst faster. The face-huggers have a slower process of "impregnating". but there will MORE of the face-huggers, when the eggs are layed, of course.

So, once the Queen has enough warriors to help construct a hive, she goes into hiding within the hive and matures, thus she becomes full-grown, produces an egg-sac and starts to produce the hundreds to thousands of eggs, which do the process at a slightly slower pace, but at a much grander scale.

Now, when the Queen is running around "regurgitating" the embryos, I think the process of the embryo being created inside of her will be faster than a facehugger, but the time in between the creation of the embryos will probably not be in a matter of minutes, but certainly not as long as human pregnancy, for example.

Ok, so again, the Queen quickly creates enough Alien warriors to protect her/create a hive for her to hide in and grow an egg sac. This is a survival tactic that makes sense. This method is far more quicker than a human being turned into an Alien egg, which in my opinion, conflicts the idea of a Queen anyway. The Queen is the ONLY one that should produce the eggs.

Now, this molting into a Queen idea...well, if there is no Queen, when there are Alien drones running around, you could argue that's when egg-morphing could occur, but let's not bring that into play for the cycle...to me, yes, Queens should be born through a chest-burster, (as we have seen in previous movies). In ALIENS, I assumed the Queen was born through a chestburster, which probably bursted out of Newt's father (sure, the chances are low, but there's a chance). I'm hoping that the PredAlien is just a Queen that is "maturing" (molting). I don't like the idea of an Alien warrior, suddenly becoming a Queen, just because there is no Queen present.

Hell, how would this apply to ants and bees? Is there ALWAYS a qeen bee or queen ant born in a hive?

I don't support the egg-morphing method. Remember that the idea was brought up, before Cameron thought of introducing a Queen to the cycle. So, the egg-morphing cycle should be thrown out the window. The method does not fit with the "Alien" characterstic, anyway. Maybe it would work for another type of creature, but certainly not the xenomorphs.

I think Queens should be born as chestbursters, just like the Alien drones/warriors. For an Alien warrior to change sex and start to develop into a Queen, because it can and wants to, does not make sense. Now, if this is something only a PredAlien could do, since it's a "freak", then MAYBE it would be ok. But a normal Alien drone/warrior....um, no.

Major Alan Schaefer

its amazing how hypocritcal Alien fans can be

Before this ideas    "Aliens aren't simple."

After   "Keep it the way it is it is simple and it works"

Anomaly

Anomaly

Honestly i think my frustration is more with the overall style of this film, not just the regurgitation. After I've already sized the film up and just chilled in the General Movies forum, I think I was caught offguard by this one is all.

Add it to the pile. Its not like i wasnt clued in by the montage of head explosions that was their Red band trailer.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 10:55:44 PM
its amazing how hypocritcal Alien fans can be

Before this ideas    "Aliens aren't simple."

After   "Keep it the way it is it is simple and it works"

the way it was, wasn't simple, it had enough complexities. The aliens have a complex social structure, grab live hosts and cocoon them, will protect the queen but are resillient enough to survive on their own. They can adapt to any environment, the eggs can last for long periods of time in dormant hibernation. They have acid for blood, a strong exoskeleton. Nothing intimidates them, although fire comes close.
The queen lays eggs which contain facehuggers that early on form a symbiosis with the egg as if it is a living organism itself and upon sensing a potential host, chemically awakens the facehugger and lets it know its time to strike.
The aliens do not give off heat, do not require the same things humans do in order to survive in terms of food ..etc and can move with stunning agility and stealth. They are every bit as strong as they are ferocious and unpredictable. They kill in one instance but will choose hosts in another.
Yeah that's real simple. ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed