Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,750 times)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteJust goes to show how many people don't know that much about the original Alien films or else this should bother them.

Not true!

We just don't care :p

Major Alan Schaefer

Colin get down and save yourself!!!!!

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

yes...maybe in the next avp they just can added a new giant alien robot race capable of transforming in other things and various objects  ::) just for chalenging aliens new features

so all that should become

aliens vs predator vs transformers      -at this point- :P

yeah guys , stop complain , at least aliens don't defecate onto victims :D  no...  maybe in the nexts

...seriously i just hope all this stuff work well on screen

...i think i've got a big trauma...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 28, 2007, 03:13:51 AM
As long as it doesn't look like human vomit, I'm fine.

I doubt we'll see the actual stuff. We'll see the inner mouth being forced down a throat, then sounds of liquid to indicate something flowing down, together with some thrashing around. What gets implanted probably won't ever be seen.

Major Alan Schaefer

its not vomit its *CESNORED*

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Back to the main point. You know its not like the directors and effects crew got everything else exactly perfect to the point where this is just going to be the only thing people take issue with. Also for the first film that the strausse brothers have done, they should not have tried to do controversial and far-reaching things, save that for when you already have a list of badass films under your belt.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up but I wonder if this whole vomiting thing was just born out of necessity.  In other words, maybe the Strause brothers would have liked to have a regular queen as well as Predalien and would have liked to stay within the true lore of the franchise perhaps with a superfacehugger but it just wasn't in the budget.  The more I think about it the more it feels that way to me.  Why would they want to create such a radical departure unnecessarily.  It just doesn't make sense.  They wanted a Predalien and lots of warrior aliens but didn't have the budget for a queen also so there you have it.  A vomiting impregnating Predalien born out of necessity.  Really, without a regular queen its the only way you could do it.  If this is the case I don't think the Strause brothers could admit it even if they wanted to and I wouldn't blame them.  You know how FOX is.  The Strause brothers are probably victims of the stinking bottom line which is really all FOX cares about.  Hence a vomiting impregnating Predalien.  Or not, but I wouldn't doubt it.  :-\

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 28, 2007, 03:59:17 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 28, 2007, 03:13:51 AM
As long as it doesn't look like human vomit, I'm fine.

I doubt we'll see the actual stuff. We'll see the inner mouth being forced down a throat, then sounds of liquid to indicate something flowing down, together with some thrashing around. What gets implanted probably won't ever be seen.

Another reason why it shouldn't be done. How is the process going to be explained in the movie? The average movie goer is not going to get it that its implanting an embryo in the person. And clearly having any of the characters speculate on it in the film will seem unnatural. "Jeez what happened to them?"-ricky,
"It seems that that big ass thing spit some goo in them and now theres one of those monsters inside them."

:-[ lol.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 28, 2007, 04:15:47 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up but I wonder if this whole vomiting thing was just born out of necessity.  In other words, maybe the Strause brothers would have liked to have a regular queen as well as Predalien and would have liked to stay within the true lore of the franchise perhaps with a superfacehugger but it just wasn't in the budget.  The more I think about it the more it feels that way to me.  Why would they want to create such a radical departure unnecessarily.  It just doesn't make sense.  They wanted a Predalien and lots of warrior aliens but didn't have the budget for a queen also so there you have it.  A vomiting impregnating Predalien born out of necessity.  Really, without a regular queen its the only way you could do it.  If this is the case I don't think the Strause brothers could admit it even if they wanted to and I wouldn't blame them.  You know how FOX is.  The Strause brothers are probably victims of the stinking bottom line which is really all FOX cares about.  Hence a vomiting impregnating Predalien.  Or not, but I wouldn't doubt it.  :-\

I could have thought of a better solution in one second.
Pred-ship crashed, releasing 50 facehuggers into the environment.
Boom. AVP 2.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 28, 2007, 04:15:47 AM
Back to the main point. You know its not like the directors and effects crew got everything else exactly perfect to the point where this is just going to be the only thing people take issue with. Also for the first film that the strausse brothers have done, they should not have tried to do controversial and far-reaching things, save that for when you already have a list of badass films under your belt.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up but I wonder if this whole vomiting thing was just born out of necessity.  In other words, maybe the Strause brothers would have liked to have a regular queen as well as Predalien and would have liked to stay within the true lore of the franchise perhaps with a superfacehugger but it just wasn't in the budget.  The more I think about the more it feels that way to me.  Why would they want to create such a radical departure unnecessarily.  It just doesn't make sense.  They wanted a Predalien and lots of warrior aliens but didn't have the budget for a queen also so there you have it.  A vomiting impregnating Predalien born out of necessity.  Really, without a regular queen its the only way you could do it.  If this is the case I don't think the Strause brothers could admit it even if they wanted to and I wouldn't blame them.  You know how FOX is.  The Strause brothers are probably victims of the stinking bottom line which is really all FOX cares about.  Hence a vomiting impregnating Predalien.  Or not, but I wouldn't doubt it.  :-\

If that's the case, Colin had every oppurtunity to explain that, but never did. He even stated "its one of the coolest scenes in the movie" so he obviously likes the fact that it was included in the film as opposed to, saying "f**k it, we need something in the absence of a queen to tie the story together, lets just do the best we can with it."
Also its not the only thing they could have done without showing a queen. They didn't need to have the predalien molt into a queen at all or do this regurgitation. Why would it not be sufficient in the budget to have a bunch of eggs on the crashed ship? There you have lots of aliens without the need for this bullshit. The lack of a huge crested queen head would saved money and time on the predalien design, would it not?
The tension could have still been that one of them was bound to have a queen facehugger, and wolf has to get to it to stop it from impregnating someone with a queen embryo, while trying to stop the other aliens and the predalien(who could have still been the end battle by the way) You'd never have to see the queen burst out and if you did, a small chestburster can't cost that much money, especially if it was partially c.g.i

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The only money a Queen should have soaked up is in power and other operating costs. They had very fresh models and moulds all quite available for that.

Otnip

Otnip

I like the idea quite a bit.
However, the movie needs to clear up doubts of the canon lore.
Maybe queens born from Super facehuggers are born fully developed, while an alien with an absence of a queen will evolve.

SiL

SiL

And it's gonna show that how?

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 28, 2007, 04:31:38 AM
The only money a Queen should have soaked up is in power and other operating costs. They had very fresh models and moulds all quite available for that.

you'd think they could have used the model from the first avp film and then only made some minor alterations if they wanted. And as others have said, the queen didn't have to be the end battle, the predalien could have still been used for that. The queen could have just been killed as a chestburster, as it came out of who knows, Dallas on the rooftop (no he does have a chestburster in him in avp-r as far as anyone knows, its just a hypothetical) or while still attached to the egg laying tube in the hive. Who knows the predalien could have made an escape while wolf was dealing with the queen. It could have been shoulder cannon blasted blowing its head to pieces and have had dual shurikens slice through its limbs and egg laying sac making quick work of it. But in the process the predalien he was after gets away and terrorizes more helpless humans. Clearly aspects of the avp-r plot, and the new reproductive methods..etc., can not be blamed on the budget. After all fox gave them more money to show a predator homeworld, they could have said f**k that, lets improve what we have and what's essential first. Save that shit for predator 3.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 04:37:08 AM
And it's gonna show that how?

who or what are you referring to?
nevermind, edited post. You mean "clearing up doubts of the lore..." or whatever from the post above you.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteI could have thought of a better solution in one second.
Pred-ship crashed, releasing 50 facehuggers into the environment.
Boom. AVP 2.

Might not be the only reason, but that level of excess in facehuggers and the people they take seem prone to make some heavy headlines, drawing media attention from beyond merely the town.  Keep the number down to a few, and the missing peoples will just slip under the radar of the rest of the world until the government can move in and hush hush it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed