Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 200,988 times)

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 10:24:48 PM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on Oct 27, 2007, 10:21:46 PM
Also, if you incorporate Egg-Morphing then Eggs don't have to come from Queens. Hence there are alternate ways of reproduction ensuring the survival of the Alien species.

Still....facehuggers are needed. Barfing is ....... I have no words to describe how stupid this is.

barfing is faster, facehugger r safer for the queen, y would the queen put herself in danger to barf when she could just throw countless facehuggers at a dangerous host? she uses barfing till she has a safe # of dornes, then uses the smarther method

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:23:02 PM
Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 10:21:35 PM
Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 10:19:21 PM
alien still come from chestburster, queens still lay eggs, but 2 protect a young queen she uses a fast but risky method, barfing

The Predalien is NOT a Queen.
You just come to the site, wake up read the fine print...it is buddy sorry to burst your bubble

I don't care what anyone says. Queens don't look that way.
Why should AVR:R be the one exception.

Now if the Predalien was a Carrier....that would have been OK. But a Queen? Never.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 10:24:48 PM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on Oct 27, 2007, 10:21:46 PM
Also, if you incorporate Egg-Morphing then Eggs don't have to come from Queens. Hence there are alternate ways of reproduction ensuring the survival of the Alien species.

Still....facehuggers are needed. Barfing is ....... I have no words to describe how stupid this is.
man i love poping your bubble...its not that stupid...its quicker than facehugging and it is just like facehugging just with an alien...also it makes the alien better because it has more techinues to use agianst its prey. it expands while not destrying whats in place

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 10:15:13 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 10:07:44 PM
Yeah but like I explained, it can't keep doing it.  To create 12 aliens, you need 24 colonists.  And in the beginning there is only one alien.
Yes, and like I said - hard to find. Large colony. Those used to host the bursters could then be turned into eggs themselves.

Ok, if it's done that way then you have no need for a Queen at all.  You have made the Queen redundant, here.  So what you are saying is to ignore all the sequels and only take Alien as canon.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:25:14 PM
how do you know this won't be used as a plot device...you don't know

Oh it is... but its not worth it... pure mouth sewage is never worth it. Just get ur lazy ass a facehugger people.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 10:26:54 PM
alien still come from chestburster, queens still lay eggs, but 2 protect a young queen she uses a fast but risky method, barfing

You just come to the site, wake up read the fine print...it is buddy sorry to burst your bubble

obvoiusly like i said you haven't read the fine print its not a Queen yet its transforming into one as Colin said

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 10:27:31 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:25:14 PM
how do you know this won't be used as a plot device...you don't know

Oh it is... but its not worth it... pure mouth sewage is never worth it. Just get ur lazy ass a facehugger people.
it'd be almost impossible to set up a hive, get hosts, and build up a hive safely...let me say a FEW reasons

Mr Wolf...The National Guard, Random people, slow egg laying time, slow facehugger getting a host time, slow facehugger on host time, slow gesation period, slow growth of chestburster, slow...do i need to go on?

Predator-S

Predator-S

Man, this is going forever...in circles.

brad873

brad873

Now if the Predalien was a Carrier....that would have been OK. But a Queen? Never.

sorry pal, but colin told us. shes in her early stage.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:30:13 PM

Mr Wolf...The National Guard, Random people, slow egg laying time, slow facehugger getting a host time, slow facehugger on host time, slow gesation period, slow growth of chestburster, slow...do i need to go on?

Why are you telling me plot issues THEY should be taking care of? Its possible, they just need to find out how, not take a shortcut with this oh so appealing device.

Major Alan Schaefer

yea...making a five hour movie with a large budget...or making a thirty minute fan film where the aliens come in and get slaughted because they can't reproduce

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:28:07 PM

obvoiusly like i said you haven't read the fine print its not a Queen yet its transforming into one as Colin said

OK, OK. I see.
Because your daddy said so, then it MUST be true.  ::)
I have read this entire thread. If YOU read through the posts, you'll my my posts throughout.
I live and breath ALIENS. I bet Colin doesn't spend half his time thinking about Aliens as I do. (yes, I am obsessed)

I have come to the conclusion that most of you are willing to accept ANYTHING that gets thrown your way. Good for you, don't think for yourselves. I hope you all are VERY happy with the movie.

Ignorance is bliss they say....ha, so true!

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:33:31 PM
yea...making a five hour movie with a large budget...or making a thirty minute fan film where the aliens come in and get slaughted because they can't reproduce

Look im not giving them the easy mode. The fathers of the franchise did it, lets not give the training wheels to these guys now.

Im not too rigid, its not even the basic idea of a shortcut that gets me.. its that it is PUKE. Incredible lol.

Id prefer they use AVPs speeded process more than this.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quoteslow...do i need to go on?

There is nothing "slow" about the alien life cylce, the entire cycle from facehugging to fully grown adult takes only a handful of hours.

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 10:34:06 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:28:07 PM

OK, OK. I see.
Because your daddy said so, then it MUST be true.  ::)
I have read this entire thread. If YOU read through the posts, you'll my my posts throughout.

I have come to the conclusion that most of you are willing to accept ANYTHING that gets thrown your way. Good for you, don't think for yourselves. I hope you all are VERY happy with the movie.

Ignorance is bliss they say....ha, so true!

im pretty sur if any1 nos weather or not the predalien is a queen in this movie would be the director, not saying is cannon, but it is true, at least in this movie anyway

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 10:34:49 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:33:31 PM

Look im not giving them the easy mode. The fathers of the franchise did it, lets not give the training wheels to these guys now.
true its not really the easy route...its being creative...the easy route would say...Three months later...and be perfectly cannon for the little fragilue Alien lovers

now to FAcebox...i'm not accepting everything i get i'm taking wat i get...your ingnoring what they've said
your acting like someone who didn't make the movie is saying it...its the creator saying it and your trying to ingore it
another thing i don't understand is all these people saying "I'm not going to accept..." what you gonna do about it..."Daddy i don't like this!!!!"   that's all u do

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed