Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 200,093 times)

Dane

Dane

Yet its not new..... some of the comics in Aliens with a hybrid would regurgitate in its hosts mouth. :-*

Gates

Gates

Quotesome of the comics in Aliens with a hybrid would regurgitate in its hosts mouth.

Now I'm really going to throw up...somebody please tell me that this whole sh!tbag idea didn't come from some form of EU garbage... :-X

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Oct 27, 2007, 12:38:38 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 12:09:06 PM
Well remember that Colin said that the most dominant alien morphs into a queen.  It certainly is better than them standing around and waiting for a queen alien to be born.

If the queen is killed why the Aliens wouldn't just get a new host, bring him/her back to the hive - then a facehugger with queen embryo would implant the host. Doesn't this seem more obvious and more tenet than an Alien regurgitating in the mouth of a host. As much as I hate to say this but the whole Alien ethos does mirror a bee hive and with that said worker bees don't turn into queens and I believe that drone aliens don't either.

Because a facehugger containing a queen embryo is probably random.  How would the aliens know if it was a queen-hugger in the egg?  Besides, why would the Queen lay a queen-facehugger if there already is a queen?  Unless all facehuggers actually have two embryos - one drone and one queen - then there is no other explanation.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:18:00 PM
How would the aliens know if it was a queen-hugger in the egg?

The same way the alien in Alien3 knew that Ripley had a Queen embryo within her...

shakermakerman

Right, one thing i love this new (but is not new cus it was in earth hive) idea where an Alien changes into a queen, think about it if there is no host's and the queen dies who runs the hive? egg morphing is a cool idea, but its a slow process. best thing yet colin love it.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 01:21:18 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:18:00 PM
How would the aliens know if it was a queen-hugger in the egg?

The same way the alien in Alien3 knew that Ripley had a Queen embryo within her...

Yes, but that doesn't answer my second question:

QuoteBesides, why would the Queen lay a queen-facehugger if there already is a queen?

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

^ Yeah was going to say that GATES  ;D. Besides it wouldn't hurt to have a facehugger with a queen embryo as a backup.

QuoteUnless all facehuggers actually have two embryos - one drone and one queen

Funny you should mention that, I thought about that a while ago.

shakermakerman

oh whats that old movie where aliens rape ppls mouths?

Fiorina 161

Fiorina 161

Quote from: shakermakerman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:27:50 PM
oh whats that old movie where aliens rape ppls mouths?

Dunno about an old one, but I saw a film called Feast, with big mutant monkeys that raped the mouths of their victims.

It was terrible.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteUnless all facehuggers actually have two embryos - one drone and one queen - then there is no other explanation.
No, its a continuity error made by fincher.
The whole facehugger on ship idea was laughable in the first place, there was no way the queen was shitting another egg on the ship.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Oct 27, 2007, 01:27:17 PM
^ Yeah was going to say that GATES  ;D. Besides it wouldn't hurt to have a facehugger with a queen embryo as a backup.

The problem with that theory, is that eggs don't last forever (they eventually die, as seen in Alien) so you would need the queen to keep laying queen-facehugger eggs.  And what if one egg opens?  Then you have two queens.  Doesn't make sense.

Uncanny Antman

I was always more a fan of the idea that Aliens could feed a new Alien royal jelly to create a Queen, but Alien 3 kinda ruins that for me.  :)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 27, 2007, 01:30:48 PM
QuoteUnless all facehuggers actually have two embryos - one drone and one queen - then there is no other explanation.
No, its a continuity error made by fincher.
The whole facehugger on ship idea was laughable in the first plce, there was no way the queen was shitting another egg on the ship.

The egg got there somehow - but the fact it just happened to have a queen-facehugger in it is stretching credibility a lot, yes.

Really, it should have been the super-facehugger seen at the start.  We know there was only one egg shown - there couldn't have been two facehuggers.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:26:28 PM
Yes, but that doesn't answer my second question:

QuoteBesides, why would the Queen lay a queen-facehugger if there already is a queen?

Well that one doesn't have an in-film answer, so the best we could do is speculate...here are two reasons I personally like:

A. For an emergency situation, or the hive is presently being threatened and she craps one out quickly for back up as Spud mentioned

and...

B. In keeping with the original film's take on aliens, they have a predetermined, short lifespan...so she craps one out for her inevitable expiration...this way the hive can continue to flourish with a new 'mother'...

Either one will due, but I personally prefer option B...

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:32:15 PM
The problem with that theory, is that eggs don't last forever (they eventually die, as seen in Alien) [...]

Wait one second...at what point in Alien do they show a dead egg!? I've never seen it and I've watched the movie countless times...

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:33:22 PM
I was always more a fan of the idea that Aliens could feed a new Alien royal jelly to create a Queen, but Alien 3 kinda ruins that for me.  :)

Well your idea makes even less sense than barfing.  What if there is no Queen?  Then you have no royal jelly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed