Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,547 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:40:45 PM
A queen needs to build it's army to protect her before making herself mostly defenseless when laying eggs. We have now established what that phase it.

If the predalien can defend itself against a skilled, and battle scarred predator with advanced weaponry, How would it need other aliens to defend it? Besides this other reproductive method is going to produce all the aliens in the film, meaning the predalien delays laying eggs for that long? huh? You'd think by the time there were at least 10-20 aliens that some could stay behind to defend her in the hive.
I doubt the process should take this long for a queen to fully mature. Considering that within hours a chestburster molts into a fully grown adult, and also that the aliens have lost the smooth cowls and have the ridged heads, that the queen would be almost completely fully grown halfway through the film.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 26, 2007, 08:58:04 PM
Sil for god sakes its a complament to the Aliens and you still attack him!!!
Cos it's a stupid compliment! You can't just piss around everything that was established in over twenty years of cinematic history for the hell of it. Egg morphing is creepy, it's Alien, it's disgusting ... why not just use that?

Egg morphing would have been nice too and what also was placed was Aliens are adaptable this is adapting and you can't agure with that...

making Aliens les bug like and more complex is a stupid compliment...taking you on record Sil

Danger Close

Danger Close

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 08:58:44 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:57:00 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:54:39 PM
All I've seen is that these very complex creatures find a way to reproduce in strange and unique ways... hence them being Aliens and not simple bugs.
So basically no, or at least, you did see them, didn't care, and decided to do your own thing for the hell of it.

We've never seen Aliens fart lightning bolts, either. How many times does Chet do that throughout the movie?
Do you really want the same reproduce shit in every movie and nothing new?

I'm with you, I want some new stuff, and if they can blend it in with what has already been established, I'm all for it.
From Colin's comments, does this imply that Chet is not a Queen but simply a vessel to get a queen. And if so, is this confirmation that there is a Queen. I hope so, I don't really want 50 Aliens all being produced in this oral impregnation.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 26, 2007, 09:01:46 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 26, 2007, 08:58:04 PM
Sil for god sakes its a complament to the Aliens and you still attack him!!!
Cos it's a stupid compliment! You can't just piss around everything that was established in over twenty years of cinematic history for the hell of it. Egg morphing is creepy, it's Alien, it's disgusting ... why not just use that?

Egg morphing would have been nice too and what also was placed was Aliens are adaptable this is adapting and you can't agure with that...

making Aliens les bug like and more complex is a stupid compliment...taking you on record Sil
He doesnt know what he wants himself.
But it´s avp- and new right?
It has to be shitty, now i will love the movie even more, thank you colin for the info.
Pure awesomeness, dont you agree sil? :)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:53:25 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:51:52 PM
Where do you think the queen came from in Aliens? Perhaps one of the domiant warriors became a young and queen and started the process. The simple fact is that it has never been shown before, so what are you arguing about?
...Honestly, did you ever watch any movie made after Aliens? Queens are born Queens.

All I've seen is that these very complex creatures find a way to reproduce in strange and unique ways... hence them being Aliens and not simple bugs.

That very well might be true. But it doesn't mean you can make up absolutely anything to fill the gap of the unknown, i know its only a film and its science fiction, but still.

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

I guess Sil just wants simple Bugs.... how sad.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 09:01:26 PM
A queen needs to build it's army to protect her before making herself mostly defenseless when laying eggs. We have now established what that phase it.

If the predalien can defend itself against a skilled, and battle scarred predator with advanced weaponry, How would it need other aliens to defend it? Besides this other reproductive method is going to produce all the aliens in the film, meaning the predalien delays laying eggs for that long? huh? You'd think by the time there were at least 10-20 aliens that some could stay behind to defend her in the hive.
I doubt the process should take this long for a queen to fully mature. Considering that within hours a chestburster molts into a fully grown adult, and also that the aliens have lost the smooth cowls and have the ridged heads, that the queen would be almost completely fully grown halfway through the film.

If she's sitting there breeding she surely wouldn't just want to stand up and kill whoever's in the hive. She has a lot of Alien warriors to defend it while she's producing more eggs. And the more Aliens the better for her and the hive ;)

Major Alan Schaefer

The idea isen't that crazy how this works...i think there is some bug that does this...pukes into its host and it gives the babies some food

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 09:04:19 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:53:25 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:51:52 PM
Where do you think the queen came from in Aliens? Perhaps one of the domiant warriors became a young and queen and started the process. The simple fact is that it has never been shown before, so what are you arguing about?
...Honestly, did you ever watch any movie made after Aliens? Queens are born Queens.

That very well might be true. But it doesn't mean you can make up absolutely anything to fill the gap of the unknown, i know its only a film and its science fiction, but still.

If he can fill it with something terrifying that works, why not ?
And it does work, at least for me.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 09:04:50 PM
Or maybe I want directors who pay attention to the films?

Is that too much to ask?

I may not like Alien Resurrection, but I'm not going to ignore the fact it pretty much blatantly said the Queen can't reproduce until she's all grown up. We already have egg morphing, which is more than alien and creepy enough, yet you feel it's necessary to come up with lame-ass barfing?

Egg morphing is alien. Barfing is something out of Futuram.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 09:04:50 PM
Sil wants to see the same shit over and over again.
I really like the idea, it´s new and fresh and shows some new motivations of the aliens and ways to reproduce, im all for it.

Master

Master

Why are facehuggers in this film? If predalien can implant embyos, so why to bother. You could save money on facehuggers design :P

And when facehuggers alreday are in this film, they would make enough drones to protect juvenile queen.

SiL

SiL

Egg morphing hasn't been seen used since 1979. How is that just using the same old stuff over and over?

Johnny Handsome

I may not like Alien Resurrection, but I'm not going to ignore the fact it pretty much blatantly said the Queen can't reproduce until she's all grown up.
Then again, she had human DNA, hell, at the end of the movie she wasnt even laying eggs anymore.
You should spend more attention sil.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 09:04:54 PM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 09:01:26 PM

If she's sitting there breeding she surely wouldn't just want to stand up and kill whoever's in the hive. She has a lot of Alien warriors to defend it while she's producing more eggs. And the more Aliens the better for her and the hive ;)

If one alien in alien 3 was enough defense for the queen that would be born and took out a shitload of people. Why are the two warrior aliens born from the hunter and his son not sufficient. One could stay behind in the hive, while the other grabs hosts. Don't tell me bullshit about people having guns and being more numerous than the aliens, because neither of those things would affect the aliens natural instincts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed