Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,763 times)

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 10:15:02 PM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 26, 2007, 10:09:57 PM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 10:08:32 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 10:04:11 PM
Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 26, 2007, 10:02:26 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:58:24 PM
QuoteWhat's so difficult to accept that the Alien didn't use this method of reproduction on Lambert?
Whats so difficult to accept that it maybe did?
Whats your problem.?

Yep, you make a lot of sense.  Its just not necessary.  But then how would the aliens multiply in this movie.  There would have to be a regular queen.

Because when they made Alien, the barfing lifecycle didn't exist. How does seeing a tail crawl slowly to the back of Lambert= barfed on?
Maybe it did, the only thing that didnt exist at the time was the queen.
So, did aliens broke continuity just for inventing something new?

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned the queen and how that it was something new and never intended before "Aliens". But there is a clear difference, it makes sense. If you've got eggs, it is logical that an alien species which has some behavioral traits similar to insects, would have one that lays the eggs.
So its not just a matter of not seeing something before. If it makes sense in the lifecycle and doesn't overcomplicate things. But the "vomiting embyros" is just f**ked up and not necessary. How exactly does this work anyway, are we supposed to believe that the queen has chestburster embryos in its body that it can just spit up?

Thanks for elaborating. Cuz i grow weary. Same old stuff... i probably, with an essay, refuted something 99% similar to this for another franchise on some other board  ::)

Are you seriously going to equate the two as being equivalently absurd? You see no degrees of seperation between the idea of an alien queen and an alien puking down someone's throat, which by the way is far more unnecessary. The queen served a purpose of something that HAD to be explained. Where the eggs came from. The puking is just superflous.

Cyberraga

Cyberraga

Welll It´s my first post and I don´t know if someone already said this but here I go:

The young predalien queen does regurgitate the embryos, but the quantity is restricted (just as a facehuger can impregnate a person with only one chestburster and in the case of a superfacehuger, two chestbursters), and by restricted I mean 3 or 4 embryos wich takes me to that really curious scene in one of the trailers where we see 3 or 4 chestbursters coming out of the same host (Maybe this is Chet doing). And after she has depleted these 3 or 4 embryos that would grow to become her personal bodyguards Chet would loose the ability and she´ll stick to the good old fashioned alien way of laying eggs... but of course after she had molted into a full grown queen...

There you go, that´s my little contribution.

Gremlien

Gremlien

Ducks don't need Queen Ducks to lay eggs...

Gates

Gates

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 04:10:14 AM
Bukkake in AVPR...heh, it's sort of sad that that's how I imagine it to be as well.

:D

Bukkake is grrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeat...I recommend GGG, GermanGooGirls...it's fu<king hysterical... ;D

echobbase79

echobbase79

GermanGooGirls. Sounds promising.  ;D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm not in favor of the idea because to me it would seem to beg the question: Why not just keep hocking loogies instead of starting to lay eggs?  A roaming queen infecting people at will seems infinately more efficient than finding a cave to web yourself up in and then waiting for your slaves to bring more host back to you.  Especially if I read colin right earlier in the thread.  You wouldn't need hives if every alien could just molt into a queen.

Unless the brothers have instituted a penalty on the predqueen for using this method.

And in theory, it does sound somewhat tacky.  

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 27, 2007, 03:42:31 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 09:08:11 PM
Egg morphing hasn't been seen used since 1979. How is that just using the same old stuff over and over?

With all due respect to you I always thought that the egg morphing thing was a stupid idea.  I'm glad it was cut out of Alien and I hope it never is introduced.  On the flipside I am beginning to agree with you that this vomiting thing is just too far removed from the original cycle.  I like the superfacehugger more.  I think that is a much more logical method of protection for the queen considering that the superfacehugger can create several aliens.  I think that would have been a better way to do this than the vomiting thing.  There should have been a regular queen in this movie and the Predalien should have been just a regular Predalien.

But there is no super-facehugger, only regular facehuggers.

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 03:46:44 AM
There's still hope.

Please AVP gods...please let this whole vomiting thing be translate into a deleted scene.
:'(

Yes, Amen

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

The ONLY logical explanation for this is that the Predalien got this reproduction method from the Predators. We have already seen the alien life-cycle, but nothing from the Preds..........so......that settles it. Predators reproduce by kissing each other/ Predalien picks up same trait.

That explains everything. 

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 04:47:28 AM
The ONLY logical explanation for this is that the Predalien got this reproduction method from the Predators.

Exactly!  Just like the previous Aliens took on a human reproductive cycle!!  Oh, wait...  ???

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I love reading through these posts.

LOL TEH MOVEE IS GOING TO BE TEH SUKK.....BAWWWWWWWWWWW I HAT U DIRECTORZ

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

*reads through previous comments*  :o Damn... I'm glad I'm a pred fan; that is one arguement I'm not getting involved in.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I find nothing wrong with this reproduction method. New + Different doesn't always translate into bad. I'm almost starting to dig it actually.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Oct 27, 2007, 04:56:19 AM
I love reading through these posts.

LOL TEH MOVEE IS GOING TO BE TEH SUKK.....BAWWWWWWWWWWW I HAT U DIRECTORZ

I'm glad Colin himself can differentiate more happening here than just that. :)

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 04:51:28 AM
Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 04:47:28 AM
The ONLY logical explanation for this is that the Predalien got this reproduction method from the Predators.

Exactly!  Just like the previous Aliens took on a human reproductive cycle!!  Oh, wait...  ???

Well....they did in Resurrection.  ;)

IMO aliens "steal" their hosts best traits in order to adapt and become superior to them.
In this case, the Predalien "stole" too much of the Predator's traits because its genes/DNA where defective. (Due to Predators tampering with the Queen in AVP)
This would explain the dreads and the musculature on the Predalien. It's another version of what happened in Alien Resurrection. The Newborn was the result of humans tampering, and the Predalien is the result of Predators tampering with them.

Those two "genetically-challenged" turds go hand in hand.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed