Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,035 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 12:49:57 AM
Or maybe it's just showing how the director's vision sucks ass, goes against what we've seen and makes themselves out to be a bit flimsy on their definition of 'not breaking canon'?

The only difference between Colin and any other moronic fanboy out there is that Colin's ideas become canon.

Yeah, but you've been showing such an asinine attitude towards Colin! I have never seen such disregaurd and disrespect-- literally by saying that his vision is sucky on a message board where he frequents to have a pleasant interaction with the fans (which I am ashamed of those whom call themselves "fans")? What?! How can you have the gall to even do that?

Breaking canon? I FAIL to see how that breaks canon. Again, I WILL state, we haven't seen what a PredAlien could do! In 1979, was the idea of a PredAlien thought up? No, not even a twinkle in someone's eye!

We haven't seen what PredAliens can do, and what they are capable of. All we have seen what were in comics and games, all based on the imagination of artists and game designers.

Seriously Sil.... judge the movie after you see it.

Sorry to be rude, but I just hate the disrespect towards Colin.. he and his brother worked hard, so.. don't knock it til you see it.

I'm out.

-Rakai'Thwei

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Oct 27, 2007, 12:55:08 AM
The question still remains, will we see the predalien molt or start molting into a bigger queen at some point in the movie???

Considering that we see the predator jam his wristblades through its skull while its in the form we have been shown today... I doubt it.

windebieste

windebieste

"Continuity has not only been maintained, but expanded upon. "

Why the need to expand the life cycle..?  Isn't it detailed enough already?  Scott originally had the Alien recycle its victims.  Cameron then added to the life cycle by introducing the Queen.  Fincher allows us to speculate that some facehuggers can implant 2 embryos, one of which is a Queen.  Jeunet gave the mutant 'Queen' a vagina.

The only person who hasn't felt the need to embellish the life cycle was Anderson.  Gotta respect him for that much at least!

Now even more unnecessary details have been added to the life cycle.  Just because it doesn't interfere with what has been previously established doesn't make it a worthy addition.  I guess the next movie will have a King Alien - with a huge dick.  Oh, why not?  It doesn't interfere with what has gone before.  So it MUST be a good idea!  Yeah, let's expand the life cycle with each successive movie.   Hey, let me have some say in the next movie and the King Alien will have 2 dicks - one on each side of its head - that unseen until it is aroused.  After all, it doesn't interfere with the existing llifecycle.

Doesn't make it a good idea, though.

Directors keep adding to the life cycle feature and it is getting somewhat over-used to exploit it further.  What they don't seem to realise, is that adding to such a feature with each iteration can serve as a dilution rather than an embellishment.  

I would have been happy to see the Predalien cocoon its victims and morph them into eggs the way that Scott had originally intended.  It would have been just as creepy, kept some consistency happening and everyone would be satisfied with it.  Well, many Fans would be anyway.

No.  Its gotta be overworked over and over again until Aliens can spew offspring into the World.  

-Windebieste.

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 12:54:16 AM
Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 12:52:59 AM
iv only seen a queen being born in A:R, and u could just as easily say thats not consistent with the spieces since they were a geneticly mutated straind. maybe the A:R aliens lost some of there exoticness in the splicing. and to my knowledge they dont say much about the queens early life in aliens

I guess it was an imaginary Queen that bursted from Ripley at the end of Alien 3...

good point, but for some reason i doubt the predalien is starting as a queen...it just seems unlikly(ha, what im about 2 say next will probably less likly), i think the predalien may hav started out normal and is becoming a queen throughout the film, maybe the queen produces a pheromone the keeps adults from becoming a queen, but without a queen any given alien will become a queen....wait, how long did the alien in alien liv?

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Oct 27, 2007, 12:55:08 AM
The question still remains, will we see the predalien molt or start molting into a bigger queen at some point in the movie???

The wrist blades the Predator puts into its head go against the chances of actually seeing it molt.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

iv only seen a queen being born in A:R, and u could just as easily say thats not consistent with the spieces since they were a geneticly mutated straind. maybe the A:R aliens lost some of there exoticness in the splicing. and to my knowledge they dont say much about the queens early life in aliens

sure they don't even touch the idea of a young queen in "Aliens" but that doesn't mean you can retroactively insert any random idea you want to into a film to try and tackle that issue. Im pretty sure the queen planted itself in the sub-basement of the atmosphere processing station and starting growing the egg laying sac, with the other warrior aliens to help cocoon it to the walls and ceiling. It definitely was not running around throughout the colony looking for people to vomit inside of.
And don't think about saying "well there already were more aliens to protect it so it didn't need to". How do we know that the queen was not the second or third one to burst out? It could have been the first. It could have been egg-morphed by the first warrior alien. All of which makes more sense than saying it went after people all the way across the gap between the atsmosphere processing station and the entry to the main complex to hunt people down.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 27, 2007, 12:57:30 AM
Breaking canon? I FAIL to see how that breaks canon. Again, I WILL state, we haven't seen what a PredAlien could do! In 1979, was the idea of a PredAlien thought up? No, not even a twinkle in someone's eye!

We haven't seen what PredAliens can do, and what they are capable of. All we have seen what were in comics and games, all based on the imagination of artists and game designers.

To this I have only one thing to say...

OCCAM'S RAZOR

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 27, 2007, 12:57:30 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 12:49:57 AM
Or maybe it's just showing how the director's vision sucks ass, goes against what we've seen and makes themselves out to be a bit flimsy on their definition of 'not breaking canon'?

The only difference between Colin and any other moronic fanboy out there is that Colin's ideas become canon.

Yeah, but you've been showing such an asinine attitude towards Colin! I have never seen such disregaurd and disrespect-- literally by saying that his vision is sucky on a message board where he frequents to have a pleasant interaction with the fans (which I am ashamed of those whom call themselves "fans")? What?! How can you have the gall to even do that?

Seriously Sil.... judge the movie after you see it.

Sorry to be rude, but I just hate the disrespect towards Colin.. he and his brother worked hard, so.. don't knock it til you see it.

I'm out.

-Rakai'Thwei

I know I'm about as new as you can get here, but I feel that SiL is not out of line considering that Colin has contradicted himself pertaining to following the lore and canon of the series. He will have plenty of mindless teeny boppers paying to see his movie when it comes out. It would be a disservice to fans if people didn't call him out on things of this nature. You gotta have some pretty tough skin if you want to tinker with sci-fi icons like this.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 12:56:49 AM
I'm still clinging on to my genetic freak idea.

Well, gotta remember that Anderson's Aliens were mutated by the Predators and that messed up their life cycle so...there's that...well...that's just a fandom idea but.

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 01:01:03 AM

sure they don't even touch the idea of a young queen in "Aliens" but that doesn't mean you can retroactively insert any random idea you want to into a film to try and tackle that issue. Im pretty sure the queen planted itself in the sub-basement of the atmosphere processing station and starting growing the egg laying sac, with the other warrior aliens to help cocoon it to the walls and ceiling. It definitely was not running around throughout the colony looking for people to vomit inside of.
And don't think about saying "well there already were more aliens to protect it so it didn't need to". How do we know that the queen was not the second or third one to burst out? It could have been the first. It could have been egg-morphed by the first warrior alien. All of which makes more sense than saying it went after people all the way across the gap between the atsmosphere processing station and the entry to the main complex to hunt people down.

but it doent mean theres nothing 2 it, im just saying there no confliction.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Damn, this "barfing" idea sucks ass!  >:(
If that's how a young queen reproduces..then why make eggs at all. This if far more efficient.  ::)

This sucks!  >:(
Sil = 100% right.

I'll have to convince myself that the Predalien got this trait from the Predators.   :-[

"Queens are born, not made."

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 27, 2007, 12:57:30 AMYeah, but you've been showing such an asinine attitude towards Colin! I have never seen such disregaurd and disrespect-- literally by saying that his vision is sucky on a message board where he frequents to have a pleasant interaction with the fans (which I am ashamed of those whom call themselves "fans")? What?! How can you have the gall to even do that?

It may be rude, but are we any more saintly for wishing Anderson's death behind his back over the Internet? Not all of us do, but the point is that we're all guilty of criticizing things over the Web. Colin seems to have a thick skin and came here understanding that things like this would happen. It may not be polite, but even professionals duke it out over the Web.

QuoteBreaking canon? I FAIL to see how that breaks canon. Again, I WILL state, we haven't seen what a PredAlien could do! In 1979, was the idea of a PredAlien thought up? No, not even a twinkle in someone's eye!

Please look at my previous response for my rebuttal.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 01:04:48 AM

I'll have to convince myself that the Predalien got this trait from the Predators.   :-[

....No, just no.

-Rakai'Thwei

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 01:04:48 AM
Damn, this "barfing" idea sucks ass!  >:(
If that's how a young queen reproduces..then why make eggs at all. This if far more efficient.  ::)

This sucks!  >:(
Sil = 100% right.

"Queens are born, not made."

yeah a developing queen having a temporary reproductive cycle just as efficient as laying eggs? That doesn't make too much sense. If this was an ability a lone alien had and could molt into a queen, then why did the alien in the DC of the first film, have to egg morph someone? It f**ks with the reproductive cycle way too much.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Oct 26, 2007, 11:59:27 PM
Holy crap. Wow!

Brand new member here (hello everyone!).

Greetings. :)

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 11:56:37 PM
If the predalien is molting into a queen ( ???) and needs to settle down and finish the process and then lay eggs, why would it be out hunting hosts and making itself vulnerable. So I'm not buying the whole "it needs to create an army to protect it" since it could be killed in the process of doing that, which is counterproductive to the perpetuation of the species.

That was one of my points, too. Queens don't need armies in advance. They shouldn't put themselves at such risk if they're so important. If they're heading towards being able to lay eggs, then all they need to do is get on and lay that minefield around them, then send the young out to seek hosts. It functions as a pre-made, dormant mass-protection.

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 27, 2007, 12:01:20 AM
Why can't people just wait to see the fricking movie??  ???

That's why I've made the point of saying that the film could well be very entertaining. We should, however, be within our respective rights to point out continuity errors in what details have been confirmed, whether within the film's own story or the two series, as a whole.

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Oct 27, 2007, 12:08:25 AM
No one likes to pay cash to see a big studio rape their favorite franchise.

George Lucas might disagree. :)

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Oct 27, 2007, 12:13:27 AM
Hmmm... I dunno SiL. I have just never been a fan of the egg morphing thing. However, I can tell by your posts that you really love that aspect of the life cycle. To be honest, I have never really considered it that carefully since it was cut out of Alien. I have a question though... if any alien can create an egg from a host victim, why have a queen at all? Sorry if this is becoming redundant.

Egg transformation demands two hosts: One to make the egg, the other to be hugged. It cuts down the available harvest by 50%. Queens increase it by 100%, because it then becomes one host per egg.

Simple mathematics, really. :)

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 12:38:35 AM
Well, this is a different Alien creation all together and Predaliens weren't in the Alien films so how does this contradict those movies?

This being is totally different from the alien because its a hybrid. I guess it makes sense to have it's own way of producing. I don't know, pretty weird shit.

All Aliens are hybrids, in that sense. The others we've seen are just more hybridised with the human genetic template, that's all.

The reproductive cycle should not differ between them, as it's not a transferrable trait, so to speak, any more than having an inner mouth is. Predators don't seem to have tongues, but the Predalien still has one of those.

This could sit beside egging, but not now that we know the creature is transforming into a full Queen. It makes so many other established facts in the series biologically pointless. The only thing potentially saving it is that we might not see it actually undergo that change, in which case any theory would remain, well... Theoretical.

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 12:48:53 AM
necronoir, u sould read the post i put on page 29, i think it would mak sence that the queen would hav this method early on so she can create som drones 2 protect herself, but 1nce thats done, she sould use a safer method(insted of walking right up 2 a potentaly dangerous host), lik, creating eggs and using the drones 2 collect hosts and/or disperse the eggs.

As I said, there's no need for that. It can lay its own protection. People forget just how dangerous the eggs are and the previous film had the novel idea that they can apparently hatch and seek out their own hosts, if that's required.

Again, I think the visual of the Predalien using this method could look very atmospheric. It just has major problems, when trying to make it logically fit in with what we know about the creatures, from all the other films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed