Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,037 times)

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

And I think it's a good way to expand it.
But that's just me so...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:36:26 PM
We've never seen what the phase of reproduction was between a young queen and a fully aged egg laying queen.  Continuity has not only been maintained, but expanded upon.
...Yeah, actually.

We have.

Young Queens don't reproduce. Alien Resurrection? Hello?

For f**k's sake.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Another thing about this that doesn't make sense and will break continuity, if it indeed is what kicks off the egg morphing process, is that brett was abducted and cocooned to the wall before the alien started turning him into an egg.
 If the predalien just clamps his mandibles onto the face of the woman in the hospital and carrie adams and pukes or drools in their mouth, it contradicts this fact. So it seems less and less like egg morphing and more like a new shitty direction altogether.
the facts about egg morphing that have been establlished are:

-person is abducted, even possibly injured first and then cocooned in the nest/hive.
-It is the last resort of a lone warrior alien when no hive or queen is present. and only produces an egg
with a queen facehugger, and no more egg morphing will follow upon its hatching.

So the directors decided to elevate the egg morphing to the level of queen egg laying, as if its not a secondary reproductive ability. This makes no sense, and eliminates the need for a queen, if the egg morphing is just as fast and efficient as the rate in which a queen lays eggs. (if it indeed is related to egg morphing)

Also they are changing the egg morphing to now produce normal eggs. By the number of aliens produced this way it becomes more and more unlikely that one of them would not contain a queen. I thought it had been establilshed that if there is no queen, and there is an egg, the warrior aliens could in a sense, turn it into a queen facehugger egg. Why wouldn't they do that here? For all this egg morphing to be taking place and not a queen produced, just defies logic.

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

A queen needs to build it's army to protect her before making herself mostly defenseless when laying eggs. We have now established what that phase it.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:40:45 PM
A queen needs to build it's army to protect her before making herself mostly defenseless when laying eggs. We have now established what that phase it.
Ah!

So it is a queen.

That Yellow Alien

Oh boy, you're going to get a lot of flake for that, Colin. ;D

SiL

SiL

Oh God this is getting worse and worse.

ADI. Alien 3. Super hugger? Lays two embryos? Drone, to protect Queen, and Queen?

Drone capable of making more Aliens to protect Queen through egg morphing?

Queen being born a Queen and not molting into one?

Continuity's not been maintained. It's been blatantly ignored.

SMJ

SMJ

OK I'm digging this now...I new I trusted Colin for some reason lol Thanks for answering Colin. I appreciate that unexpected input  ;)

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:43:03 PM

ADI. Alien 3. Super hugger? Lays two embryos? Drone, to protect Queen, and Queen?

You are such a funny person. First you hate how "Aliens" turned them into simple "bugs,"  but now that you find out that they are complex creatures you want them to be like simple bugs.  ::)

AlienatedPredator

Well, so what? At least it brings scariness and terror back to the franchise. None of the haters on this board would have done any better with an original idea.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:45:00 PM

You are such a funny person. First you hate how "Aliens" turned them into simple "bugs,"  but now that you find out that they are complex creatures you want them to be like simple bugs.  ::)

Coming this winter!
CVS-R!
Colin vs. Sil Requiem!

SMJ

SMJ

Quote from: SMJ on Oct 26, 2007, 08:44:14 PM

OK I'm digging this now...I new I trusted Colin for some reason lol Thanks for answering Colin. I appreciate that unexpected input  ;)

And in A:R that queen was YOUNG but still fully grown guys. The pred-queen (if that is what it is) is still in an intermediate stage. For all we know it would (if alive long enough) molt again and THEN grow the second arms and be bigger and start growing the more impressive crown.

Major Alan Schaefer

That honestly makes alot of sense the Queen would need to be able to defend herself before...also to your credit with the idea AR really didn't give us a timeline of how long they were there

SiL

SiL

And yet I'd never say 'Nope, no Queen! No sir! Egg morphing aall the way!'

What we've got here is a blatant contradiction of what we've seen before, it's as simple as that. Queen born a Queen? Nope, now we have Queen molting. Drones turning people into eggs? Nope, now we've got baby Queens barfing into people. Juvenile Queens not capable of reproducing? Nope, barfing!

AlienatedPredator

Search the threads, this is not the first instance of hypocrisy I've seen, far from it. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed