Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,651 times)

SiL

SiL

...The hell did you just say?

Xhan

Xhan

I think I made my opinion on it at least known. I wont press further.

Lol, All you have to do is THINK.

How do you know the jockeys didn't create QUEENS themselves after they were unsatisfied wth Alien reproduction rate?

How do you know the Queen isn't an adult Jockey Alien?

Ah, yes... you don't.

For all we know the facehugger is "programmed" to produce a specific form by the prey species it interacts with.

Nihkoute

Nihkoute

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Oct 30, 2007, 05:06:53 AM
Ridley Scott intentionally made his alien surreal and ambiguous. We don't know what it did when we weren't looking at it, and neither does Scott for that matter. Those of you who see Lambert's foot without a shoe and think bare skin must mean that she was LITERALLY raped don't have very good imaginations. What the hell happened? We'll never know. She was swinging off the ground and obviously died some savage death that we never see or really understand. That's what makes it SCARY.

Not until Aliens was any kind of real logic applied to the creature. Until then it was Scott's vision on the screen. Moisture on the eggs drips upward instead of down. You can explain that however you want with the fan fiction that is the Anchorpoint Essays (and don't tell me it's anything but fan fiction created in order to fill in the huge gaps and breaks in the films that the film makers themselves left) to but the fact of the matter is that IT SIMPLY LOOKED GREAT! Scott didn't sit down and invent some kind of device in the derelict that justified the upward-dripping liquid, he simply provided a wonderfully surreal, ALIEN looking image. In my opinion, his alien is the most ALIEN of any of the others in the sequels because he provides us with so much mystery.

I can't think of one Alien sequel that didn't break the ideas put on screen in the film before it.

However, I can't stress enough that I hate the new idea. Seeing movie monsters go through all kinds of dumb and extremely fast adaptation and evolution is the oldest, cheapest trick in the creature movie book and the fact that the majority of the people here are all about this new idea really makes me feel as though there is truly NO HOPE for the series to get back on track. The fan base ITSELF would rather ooh and ahh at whatever new alien incarnation we can throw on the screen than allow what was already established in the series take place with new interesting characters and a unique plot. Alien is becoming the same camp that most great horror franchises turn out to be. I wish that Alien wasn't turning into direct-to-Sci-Fi-Channel movies transformed into big screen films, but I guess that's how it has to be. It's just sad that the fans themselves are so eager to see it happen.

The fact that every intelligent post I have read here is surrounded by half a dozen posts repeating the same ideas and defenses that were revealed to not be feasible says a lot. I feel like we need a FAQ for this so people can read it and not feel compelled to post "But we have never seen a young queen before!" or "but we've never seen a predalien before!" on literally every page in this thread.

Unfourtunately movie makers these days are under the impression audiences would rather see some new, bigger, badder monster instead of the original ones they are paying the money to see in the first place.
Your absolutely right, it seems that were doomed to see some new monsters with each new movie released in place of a well thought story.

New monsters, RC, weapons, armors etc etc does not take the place of a well thought, in debt story supported by strong acting. Its like a trend now that when the thought well has run dry, we will invent something new and just throw it out there and thats rather sad, because saying that, i didnt envision the Predalien as a creature that was basically going to be raped in this manner, and if done correctly, could be a intresting and horrific beast. I know we've yet to see exactly what this creature is 100% about, but this is the feeling alot people are getting on this subject.

I really hope when i throw down my cash for that ticket on the 25th or 26th im suprised to see that alot of thought and care was taken with the creature so it may see a return in future movies, because the concept of this animal is very intresting to say the least.

We are not all going to agree on our definition of good looking, or if it should have mandibles or dreads etc etc.. but i think we can all agree this animal has the potential to be truely fantastic if handled with care.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: hisateru on Oct 30, 2007, 05:50:14 AM
hi to veryone there who bitching about this new RC.... i dun c theres a problem with it. Stop telling it doesn't make sense.. cuz from the begining of the alien... it's already doesn't making any senses if you really 1 2 talk about making senses. The life cycle is a juz a fiction make-up... And u said the previous RC is the ultimate fixed final true method??!! where is the fact then? its juz becuz the precious film din show it doesn't mean it is not... does something hatch from egg and then f**k people's mouth another time then burst out from the host make senses 2 you?! Why dun it juz hatch from the eggs and and grown by itself? have you seen a chick hatch from egg, then go f**k people's mouth, burst out then only become a chicken?!!!

comeon guys... stop splitting in people's idea.... its a movie ok....!! if you 1 2 talk about senses... the hold alien thing is without sense.... juz enjoy the movie.. and appreciate people idea... if you dun like it so much... dun watch it... that the simplest way.. u think fox mind ur 30 bucks ticket money... and summore.... if you r so brilliant... why dun you go and direct the movie... dun juz shit at your and bombard people's idea on your desk.... or why dun you make a home made AVP for urself?

NO U

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 30, 2007, 04:19:04 AM
I proudly present...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/xenomorphine/AVPCanonGame.jpg

Fu<king priceless... :D

Quote from: badass_badger on Oct 30, 2007, 04:28:09 AM
I present to you a sneak peak of the new alien reproduction cycle:

http://www.whorehole.org/posts/dogbarf/barf_flash.html

I haven't laughed that hard in days... :D

People still think this vomit sh!t doesn't break canon!? How pathetically sad...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: hisateru on Oct 30, 2007, 05:50:14 AM
hi to veryone there who bitching about this new RC.... i dun c theres a problem with it. Stop telling it doesn't make sense..

Come on down and play the game, my friend!

You could win a prize!

Xhan

Xhan

Hentai artists will be making Predalien manga for YEARS. Moot will have to make a /Strause/.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 30, 2007, 06:57:03 AMCome on down and play the game, my friend!

You could win a prize!

That was epic. I don't see how even the positive people could avoid laughing.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Damn, why does this thead still exist?

Its getting painful to read. Diehard Alien fans cant believe the Bro's actually had the balls to put in yet another reproduction cycle. And, if you think about it ... there have been plenty.

Alien. The discovery of the eggs, no Queen was introduced. These were, supposedly, "engineered". Facehuggers impregnated a Human host resulting in an Alien.

Aliens. Discovery of a nest. Introduction of the Queen and a ( so called ) hive-mind. Queen was said to be the "main-cause" of everything. No longer were they enginereed, they were bred.

AlienĀ³. A Queen Facehugger is introduced. No longer are they "natural" born Queens. They simply burst out of a human thanks to impregnation of this special Facehugger. Also, a facehugger hugs a dog/ox creating another Xenomorph Hybrid. The creature kept its Alien appearance yet walked on 4 legs and was extremely agile.

Alien:R. Cloning. Using DNA from the deceased Ripley they succesfully created a Hybrid Queen, one capable of giving birth to a completed Hybrid. It's also told that Xenomorphs will kill there own species in order to escape, survive or, in case of the Newborn, gain supremacy.

Now, these movie HAVE shown different reproduction/impregnation/bursting methods. All from different species. Is it SO hard to understand that AVP:R is introducing its OWN regurgitating method? Is that SO hard to accept? For some, yeah.. for others its something new and fresh. Its a bold move by the directors and I sure hope it turns out well.

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2007, 02:26:14 AM
This isn't that it's an adaptation, this is blatantly disregarding existing information. Saying they're 'adaptable' doesn't mean shit and it certainly doesn't mean we should remove any limitations as to what they can do, which is exactly what people - And the Bros - are doing.

Adaptable does mean something SiL. In Aliens it adapted itself. In Alien 3 it adapted itself to a freaking dog/ox! In A:R the Queen even adapted itself to it could give BIRTH to a NEW species. That somehow worked fine for you but now the Predalien looks like shit because it looks like a Predator? Gimme a break. But no, muppet SiL still believes Aliens dont adapt. Disregarding existing information? Dude, where the f**k have you been huh? Cameron ( from a certain point of view ) f**ked up what Scott tried to tell us in HIS version of Alien. Suddenly these Xenomorphs werent enginereed, they were bred. The only thing Cameron did with consistency was showing that a Human host WAS indeed needed. The more Alien movies arrived the more they f**ked up whatever Scott did :( No hard feelings SiL but this bitching about such things is getting out of hand.

Certain changes are required especially in certain situations. The Predalien doesnt have an egg-sack so an alternative way of breading HAS to be found. Hence the vomitting. I'm pretty much OKAY with the idea, it COULD have been better though but im also GLAD they didnt bring back the Queen yet again to show her JUST shittting out eggs. I'm glad they didnt went with the Predalien hugging humans. Imagine that huge moffo sitting on someones face.

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'm doing just fine imagining it bust a load down someone's throat.

Xhan

Xhan

this thread exists because people are ASTOUNDED at the level of ignorance and stupidity yarfed forth thus far, so much so that they need to comment on the blatant disregard for continuity and world destroying crappyness of ADI's design; that they need to do so over and over, despreately hoping and praying that it''s been a horrible dream except it isn't; Mommy was wrong there ARE real monsters and their names are Strause and Salerno, and they get PAID to rape your cherished fanboy hopes and dreams for the lowest common denominator and profit.

and to whit: If Preds breed through their mouths, why the hell do they need to wear metal underwear...

SiL

SiL

Damn, why do people still not understand what's being disliked 143 pages in?

QuoteAdaptable does mean something SiL.
Why yes, yes it does.

QuoteIn Aliens it adapted itself
How?

QuoteIn Alien 3 it adapted itself to a freaking dog/ox!
Host traits were established in 1979. It wasn't a new addition.

QuoteIn A:R the Queen even adapted itself to it could give BIRTH to a NEW species.
The Queen didn't adapt anything. The scientists mutated it forced it to undergo the new reproductive cycle.

QuoteThat somehow worked fine for you
How are the two analogous at all? The newborn was a result of genetic tampering, it wasn't a naturally occurring thing like the PredAlien. If the Queen had up and pooped out the Newborn of its own accord, of course I'd have more of a problem with it than I already do.

QuoteBut no, muppet SiL still believes Aliens dont adapt.
Did reading comprehension capabilities drop sharply while I was away?

QuoteCameron ( from a certain point of view ) f**ked up what Scott tried to tell us in HIS version of Alien
What Scott, and O'Bannon and Shussette and everyone else, wanted to show re the reproductive cycle never made it to screen before Cameron got his mits on the franchise, not to mention what he did still gels with the original cycle.

QuoteSuddenly these Xenomorphs werent enginereed, they were bred.
The xenmorphs were never engineered. Scott would like to think they were, his words; O'Bannon knows they were a naturally occurring species that was encountered by the Jockey.

QuoteCertain changes are required especially in certain situations.
And yet not only were these changes not required, but the situations which 'necessitated' (sic) them weren't, either.

QuoteI'm glad they didnt went with the Predalien hugging humans. Imagine that huge moffo sitting on someones face.
That's exactly what it does, man.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 30, 2007, 08:36:54 AM
Damn, why does this thead still exist?
Because people want to discuss it?

QuoteIts getting painful to read.
No one's forcing you to keep reading it.

SiL

SiL

I was more than willing to give this movie a chance until the one-two blow of the PredAlien came about. That literally killed any hope I had of even enjoying the film, let alone thinking it'll be good.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Well, you could give this a chance SiL. For all you know it COULD work out just fine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed