Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 200,074 times)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2007, 08:41:15 AM
QuoteWait were there two eggs in alien 3?
No.  One egg on the Sulaco (or dropship - take your pick).

One that we see.  Who knows what else was on board?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 29, 2007, 08:41:20 AM
Chet may be alone for a while in AVP-R before those facehuggers manage to get the hunter and son.  Still, that may be a bit of a cop-out, anyway.
They arrive on the same ship.

Heaven forbid it'd do the logical thing and go hide out in the sewers.

This is one of my beefs with the whole thing. The directors force themselves to come up with something they don't need by pissing on logic and having the creature do something stupid. It's the horse following the cart - We need a new reproductive method, so we'll have Chet go out looking for people to make an army!

Nuh uh. We need an army, Chet should go mosey on down to the sewers and wait a few days.

But nooo...

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 08:44:28 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 29, 2007, 08:38:18 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 29, 2007, 08:24:59 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 29, 2007, 08:11:22 AM
Yeah but she has to go out and grab hosts, so she can't build an egg sac yet.

Or the facehuggers can simply be commanded to go and hunt down hosts, like the one in 'Alien Versus Predator'.

Or she simply lays in wait for prey to come to her. Aliens seem to have massive reserves of patience, when the situation calls for it.

In any case, she won't be completely immobile from the start. The sack doesn't need to be as massive as the fully developed one, to lay the first few.

On second thought, how would the Queen build an egg sac by herself anyway?  That throws out all those other theories.  I just don't see how she could do it by herself.

hmm. ok. that might change a few aspects of some of my posts here. but she surely doesn't need help to grow it, but to help cocoon it to the walls and ceiling of the hive for support. But who knows she can probably start to lay eggs before that happens. Its not like the functionality of the egg sac is affected by whether its fixed into place or not. It could be on the ground of the hive much like it was in alien resurrection, to get a handful of eggs before waiting for hosts for them and thus more aliens to then help fix the egg sac into place for more strategic egg placement when laying them.
The tendrils on the bottom by the way are most likely either how the egg receives nutrients or perhaps an added triggering mechanism, step on the root it might open up. Has anyone done that in an alien film and not had the egg open on them?
[/quote]

Ok, I guess this was shown in Alien Resurrection.  She can produce the eggs.  But it would take her more time.  Also, the scientists may have altered her lifecycle slightly to produce the eggs, but that is only speculation I think.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 08:26:01 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 29, 2007, 08:11:22 AM
Yeah but she has to go out and grab hosts, so she can't build an egg sac yet.
Not really. In any scenario, you have to take into consideration that an investigative team was sent out; it's the only way to explain how they got those face huggers in the med lab. Those people had to be brought back to the colony, so clearly a group of people went out - Either to the derelict or the atmosphere processor, it doesn't matter.

Ok, but what we're really speculating on is if what if there was just a Queen?

Chet may be alone for a while in AVP-R before those facehuggers manage to get the hunter and son.  Still, that may be a bit of a cop-out, anyway.

considering that the predalien and those facehuggers all came from the crashed ship, why wouldn't she be aware of them and see if either produces a queen chestburster before starting this queen molting shit? Apparently chet's a little slow and decides to skip through the forest and frolic instead. lol.

SM

SM

QuoteOne that we see.  Who knows what else was on board?

Elvis was on board.

There's only ever one Alien referenced.

QuoteSo the whole time it was chasing Ripley, the Queen was carrying an egg on it's back?

Why not?  We didn't see it lay the egg, and there's nothing to disprove it carried the egg.  It's either one or the other.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 08:50:45 AM
Chet may be alone for a while in AVP-R before those facehuggers manage to get the hunter and son.  Still, that may be a bit of a cop-out, anyway.

This is one of my beefs with the whole thing. The directors force themselves to come up with something they don't need by pissing on logic and having the creature do something stupid. It's the horse following the cart - We need a new reproductive method, so we'll have Chet go out looking for people to make an army!

Nuh uh. We need an army, Chet should go mosey on down to the sewers and wait a few days.  I'm surprised that you, an Alien fan, would advocate that.

But nooo...

I don't like the idea of aliens hiding from people, anyway.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 08:50:45 AM

Nuh uh. We need an army, Chet should go mosey on down to the sewers and wait a few days.

But nooo...

No matter how you look at it, she shouldn't need an army. That is illogical and overkill. Only one warrior alien(drone..whatever term fits) is needed. From there on, everything is taken care of.  If she's out making herself vulnerable for longer than necessary, that's just stupid. We better not see as many as 10 aliens produced by this vomiting shit. lol
Yet the predalien is off either vomiting in people or killing people for who knows how far into the film. It better only be because wolf stops her from settling down to start the process of growing the egg sac that she doesn't do so earlier or else its plain retarded writing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 29, 2007, 08:53:28 AM
...Yeah, cos Aliens should ... I'm sorry, no, I just can't believe you'd say something like that. How the hell do you think they sneak up on people? By phoning in ahead and telling them to look the other way?

Aliens hide, and Aliens are patient. The first Alien waited for its prey to come to it - If it'd attacked en masse the entire crew would've been dead in minutes.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 08:56:17 AM
...Yeah, cos Aliens should ... I'm sorry, no, I just can't believe you'd say something like that. How the hell do you think they sneak up on people? By phoning in ahead and telling them to look the other way?

Aliens hide, and Aliens are patient. The first Alien waited for its prey to come to it - If it'd attacked en masse the entire crew would've been dead in minutes.

yeah, they clearly use stealth all the time, not just blind rage. Especially a lone alien that is outnumbered, it will use its survival instincts as opposed to charge ten people with guns. lol
The aliens in the second film, had the advantage of sheer wave after wave of aliens, otherwise they would not have kept attacking people shooting at them. In fact, the sentry guns cause them to retreat once they realize they aren't getting through, in the special edition, so they aren't stupid.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 08:56:17 AM

Doing sneak attacks on people is different than just going hiding away for a while and doing nothing.  The first alien was just a few hours old, so it can be excused.  Chet has already killed predators by the time the ship crashed.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2007, 08:52:08 AM
QuoteOne that we see.  Who knows what else was on board?

Elvis was on board.

There's only ever one Alien referenced.

QuoteSo the whole time it was chasing Ripley, the Queen was carrying an egg on it's back?

Why not?  We didn't see it lay the egg, and there's nothing to disprove it carried the egg.  It's either one or the other.

yeah there is something to disprove she carried the egg, its called "Aliens". The queen is seen before she enters the elevator and she charges and all her hands are seen and no egg is present. I doubt she stashed it, picked it back up convieniently when not shown . lol

if anyone has a capture of what im talking about, that would help demonstrate this fact.

SM

SM

Then go and watch the film again.

Anyway...

ALL Aliens rely on stealth.  The Hadley ones did it too as did the Fiorina creature and the Auriga creatures.  When they're in an advantageous position they move in and attack.  If the PredAlien is a Queen the FIRST thing it should do is hide somewhere and start laying eggs.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2007, 09:08:00 AM
Then go and watch the film again, dickhead.

Anyway...

ALL Aliens rely on stealth.  The Hadley ones did it too as did the Fiorina creature and the Auriga creatures.  When they're in an advantageous position they move in and attack.  If the PredAlien is a Queen the FIRST thing it should do is hide somewhere and start laying eggs.

what? where's that coming from? lol.

Am I not correct that you do not see an egg yet you see the queen leave the hive? If so, i'll gladly admit my error, but last time i checked there is not one being carried in that film. Thus Im not being a "dickhead", making something up.
plus im with you on the fact, that a queen should not be running around making herself vulnerable any longer than absolutely necessary, as her primary duty is to lay the eggs. Yet i get the insults flying at me. lol.

SM

SM

Yeah you are.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2007, 09:13:30 AM
Yeah you are.

what im correct, or making shit up? lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed